Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2022 8:55:32 AM EDT
I recently did a firearms transfer.   I had it sent to GFR, LLC in Fredericksburg.  

I followed their instructions on their website so the transfer would go as planned.  

It’s the first time I’ve been in their store.  There was a couple of people ahead me doing their paperwork but they still greeted me to let me know they would be right with me.   It did not take long.  

They had me inspect the firearm and serial number and they reviewed all the paperwork to insure it was all correct.  

They charge $20 for citizen transfers and $15 for mil/ LEO

They also give you a punch card for future transfers.  Transfer loyalty card.   Once they’re all punched your next one is free.

The staff, Rex, Melissa and John were very friendly.

I had a good experience so I wanted to share.  I didn’t ask about other services but I heard they will recommend armorers in the area if they cannot do what you want.

They’re located at:

30 Walsh Lane suite 101
Fredericksburg, Va

They’re on FB and IG as well for current events at their location.

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn't know they existed and I'm in that immediate area
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#2]
You had one job OP.......One Job GFR Tactical

Now that we got that out of the way, I am not sure I would shop with them. I was going over the website and came across there polices. The Background Check Failure policy is a off putting.

Here is the policy:

Background Check Failures
Failure to pass proper background checks at local, State or Federal level is not justification for return of guns. You must be sure of your ability to pass proper check prior to ordering.
If there is a failure to pass background checks, NO Return is authorized, this is non-negotiable.
If you choose to have us hold the weapon for a period of time till situation is cleared up there is a $20.00 a week storage fee charged from the date of denial and must be done in person.
Cancellation of Credit card purchases for failure to pass background checks will be considered fraud and reported to the Credit Card company and local authorities.

So let me get this straight, I go in and buy a gun and fail the background check. I know that I have not committed any crimes so I know I am not ineligible. After leaving the store I look into it and find that someone that was arrested used my info to avoid ID'ing themself. At the time the background check failed if I want them to hold it so i can get the mistake fixed, it will run me $20 a week? If I cancel the CC charge until I get the mistake fixed they will report me to the CC company for fraud? Seems a bit extreme to me.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 7:17:19 PM EDT
[#3]
And thanks for adding that link. Lol.  

Yes I have to say it’s the first time I’ve seen a policy like that.   I’m guessing they have a good story and reason why they do that as it seems unique.  

I agree, off putting.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 7:48:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Like you, that is the first time I have seen a policy like that also.

While I am sure they have a reason for the policy, I am not going to put myself in the situation to be charged $20 a week while getting and identity theft issue cleared up. There are plenty of other gun stores around.

To add insult to injury, I had my identity stolen late last year. Thankfully nothing was done with it to keep me from buying a gun, i think. I guess I'll find out next time I make a gun purchase.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 11:38:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You had one job OP.......One Job GFR Tactical

Now that we got that out of the way, I am not sure I would shop with them. I was going over the website and came across there polices. The Background Check Failure policy is a off putting.

Here is the policy:

Background Check Failures
Failure to pass proper background checks at local, State or Federal level is not justification for return of guns. You must be sure of your ability to pass proper check prior to ordering.
If there is a failure to pass background checks, NO Return is authorized, this is non-negotiable.
If you choose to have us hold the weapon for a period of time till situation is cleared up there is a $20.00 a week storage fee charged from the date of denial and must be done in person.
Cancellation of Credit card purchases for failure to pass background checks will be considered fraud and reported to the Credit Card company and local authorities.

So let me get this straight, I go in and buy a gun and fail the background check. I know that I have not committed any crimes so I know I am not ineligible. After leaving the store I look into it and find that someone that was arrested used my info to avoid ID'ing themself. At the time the background check failed if I want them to hold it so i can get the mistake fixed, it will run me $20 a week? If I cancel the CC charge until I get the mistake fixed they will report me to the CC company for fraud? Seems a bit extreme to me.
View Quote

Wait, so they keep your money on a firearm if you don't pass the background check?  Nah fam.  I never fail background checks but that policy is a no-go for me.  "Fraud" indeed.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:46:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I recently did a firearms transfer.   I had it sent to GFR, LLC in Fredericksburg.  

I followed their instructions on their website so the transfer would go as planned.  

It’s the first time I’ve been in their store.  There was a couple of people ahead me doing their paperwork but they still greeted me to let me know they would be right with me.   It did not take long.  

They had me inspect the firearm and serial number and they reviewed all the paperwork to insure it was all correct.  

They charge $20 for citizen transfers and $15 for mil/ LEO

They also give you a punch card for future transfers.  Transfer loyalty card.   Once they’re all punched your next one is free.

The staff, Rex, Melissa and John were very friendly.

I had a good experience so I wanted to share.  I didn’t ask about other services but I heard they will recommend armorers in the area if they cannot do what you want.

They’re located at:

30 Walsh Lane suite 101
Fredericksburg, Va

They’re on FB and IG as well for current events at their location.

View Quote

So, the vindmans and horiuchus get a discount while hardworking citizens get the privledge of paying extra? Screw that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#7]
"Ensure you are eligible BEFORE purchasing firearms. 20% RESTOCKING FEE for failure to pass Background Check upon pick-up. We will hold item for 30 days upon request to fix current issue if desired. After which the Virginia State Police Denial is permanent for that particular record. If you choose to have us hold the item after that, it is $10 storage every 30 days to cover insurance and liability for storage."
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I’ve used them for transfers, no issues.  There really isn’t anyone good in the area.  Their inventory is like most local shops, low end budget guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top