Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2009 8:02:08 AM EDT
This morning I went to go pick up a new toy along with a friend who was buying his first pistol. Found a Ruger MK 3 I wanted, walked to the counter and started filling out the necessary paperwork. After it was all said and done the store employee told me that I needed to get my GFL changed to my current county of residence. My license was issued in Carroll County and now I live in Paulding. Is there any truth to this or is he just spouting off false information? Also can anyone suggest a good holster for a 1911? My current one is not cutting it anymore.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:24:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
the store employee told me that I needed to get my GFL changed to my current county of residence. My license was issued in Carroll County and now I live in Paulding. Is there any truth to this or is he just spouting off false information?

He is just spouting off information.  The license is good until it expires even if you move out of state.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:25:48 AM EDT
[#2]
O.C.G.A. § 16-11-129(a)

which license or renewal license shall authorize that person to carry any pistol or revolver in any county of this state notwithstanding any change in that person's county of residence or state of domicile
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:39:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Malum, very nice holsters I might add.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Those are Andrews, Love his stuff.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:32:31 AM EDT
[#6]
The guy may have gotten his signals crossed.  Your Driver's License must reflect your CURRENT address. This is ATF policy. If it does not then you must present other documentation [i.e. utility bills for the past 90 days.] Also I believe it is State law that you have 60 days to change your address after you move.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top