Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2009 6:55:17 AM EDT
Howdy, hoping some of ya'll can give me some input on the best way to access an event at the GA Dome. It's on a Tuesday night and I"m coming down from the NE, Gainesville direction.

I've never used MARTA, is that a good option? Drive down to a MARTA station around Gwinett and use that to get in/out of downtown?

I don't mind paying to park, just not sure how the parking traffic would be.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:08:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:09:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Best option really is to come down to the Doraville Station in Doraville, then ride the train in.  

Unless how many folks are we talking?  If its just one person I dont think it makes sense to drive in, but if you have a car full of folks I think its about a push as far as the gas it takes to get in there and then parking and everything else in comparison to MARTA.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:18:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Just remember, The Ga Dome is owned and operated by the State of Georgia, so it is off limits.

Parking Map

Marta to the Dome
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:23:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the feedback.

I really prefer to drive in if its not going to be a huge headache finding parking. I'm just so accustomed to having a vehicle nearby that I don't think I'd feel all that comfortable otherwise. Especially with those prohibitions already mentioned.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:41:29 AM EDT
[#5]
So if I did use MARTA from Doraville, does anyone know how long the trip down to the station at the Ga dome is?

Guess you can tell I'm waffling on driving vs MARTA... I plan to look at GA Navigator a few days before for road construction advisories and such.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 8:04:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes take Marta, it's very convenient.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top