Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 6:25:51 AM EDT
copy of the email notice they sent out:

G.A.T. Guns 2006 Factory Sale & Shoot, Don't Miss Out!!

March 4th and 5th (this Saturday and Sunday) we’re celebrating 18th Factory shoot and we’d like you to come!

There’s going to be FREE Gun Give-Aways

Door Prizes

Meet The Factory Reps

Shoot The Guns For $2 and up (includes rental fee & some ammunition!)

Learn About New Models Coming Out for 2006

Fantastic Deals.

Make sure you don’t miss this opportunity to talk with the manufacturers, try the guns (some you may have never even seen before!), and check out some great specials for this shoot only!

Sale hours are going to be from 10AM to 4PM both Saturday and Sunday, but the store will be open till 5PM.

GAT Guns is located at:

14N915 Route 25
Dundee IL 60118

Questions or comments?  Call us at 847-428-4867, email us at [email protected] or check out our website at www.gatguns.com

We’re located a mile north of the I-90 exit on route 25 and about a mile south of route 72, we’re very close to Santa’s Village.

I can't make it since I'm working all weekend
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:40:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Got it this morning, I'll be there Saturday, and if I break down and get the sub2000 I was looking at last weekend, I'll be there Sunday, too
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:46:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmmmmmm....Depending on whether mrsmack is working or not I may attempt to get there Saturday as well....thanks for the heads up....
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:44:53 AM EDT
[#3]
It's too bad their SIG prices are so high, I'd really consider buying another one.

Maybe I'll end up with another Glock.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:03:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the heads-up, npd233.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Drill...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#6]
How do you sign up for GAT email alerts?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:42:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Buy a pair of sequentially numbered, identical Springfield Armory Loaded Operators.

The email address is [email protected]. Just email and ask to be added to the list.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:01:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Buy a pair of sequentially numbered, identical Springfield Armory Loaded Operators.

One on each hip in quick draw holsters would make quite the duty rig
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:02:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Also, two weeks latter, on the 18th and 19th Midwest in Lyons is having their own version of the same thing, with giveways, gun tryouts, factory reps, etc.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:23:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It sure would.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:28:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It sure would.
i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/npd233/twins7.jpg

NICE!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:29:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Also, two weeks latter, on the 18th and 19th Midwest in Lyons is having their own version of the same thing, with giveways, gun tryouts, factory reps, etc.

I live right down the road from them!

I will stop by!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:09:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It sure would.
i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/npd233/twins7.jpg

NPD allows single action, or you're just wishing?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:21:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Both. Been carrying a 1911 for duty for many years.

I wish I could carry matching drop-leg holsters (not)
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:28:05 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Both. Been carrying a 1911 for duty for many years.]

That's bad ass.  I can count on one hand how many officers I've seen carrying a single action pistol.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:56:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's bad ass.  I can count on one hand how many officers I've seen carrying a single action pistol.

There are some Chicago suburban departments that REQUIRE their officers to carry 1911's. I know of two (one in Will Co., one in DuPage) for certain, and have heard there are others, just have no idea which ones they might be.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:59:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are some Chicago suburban departments that REQUIRE their officers to carry 1911's. I know of two (one in Will Co., one in DuPage) for certain, and have heard there are others, just have no idea which ones they might be.

I wasn't saying it didn't happen, it's just not popular.  I'm glad to see that there are departments allowing officers to carry a 1911.  That'd be my preference.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:16:41 PM EDT
[#18]
What's included in the sale?  Is ammo part of it or just the guns themselves?

M590man
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:44:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
What's included in the sale?  Is ammo part of it or just the guns themselves?

M590man

Just the guns. The Winchester truckload sale I believe is in Sept.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:48:05 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm going to try to swing out today or tomorrow. Missed it last year, got stuck working all weekend.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone make it there today? What are the good deals?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:15:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Anyone make it there today? What are the good deals?

DEALS? youre looking for deals? dont think youll find them at gat.  i walked through to see what was on sale.

here the DEALs!!! i saw

Springfield XD 9mm
REGULAR PRICE $539 - GAT GUN FACTORY SHOOT SALE NOW ONLY $509 +tax

INDIAN 308!!!! - WAS $129/640rounds NOW ONLY $99/640rounds.  LIMITED QUANITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh if anyone was dying to own a walther G22, get there quick and enter in the free raffle.  i would suggest walking in and out to get multiple raffle tickets to try and sway the odds in your favor.  there must be 1,000 other people dying to win this gun.

did i miss anything else?

ps - the auto pistols section was mobbed with people, plan to wait in line for 10minutes to see whats in the case and add another 20minutes if you would like to ask a question.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:33:31 PM EDT
[#23]
It was okay. I didn't see any great deals. I would have bought a Glock 17 if they had a special on one. The only special they had was on one with 10 round mags, gee thanks!

I went up stairs and busted the balls of the HK guys for their crappy attitude towards civilian buyers. They were nice and said that things are improving since the civvy/military split and the civvy section is aware of what needs to change, I'm optimistic, but not holding my breath! On the plus side I dry fired a P2000 w/ an LEM and I really like it. I just bought a used Glock 21 and I'll have to see if want to buy a 9mm Glock or a USP in 9mm with the LEM for my home defense weapon. I travel for work and, God forbid, my wife ever has to use a gun, I want her thinking about "Am I justified to shoot and what's behind the bad guy if I miss", not what do I have to do with this lever or that.

I talked to some know-nothing bitch from Winchester ammo. I asked her if they were ever going to get over the Black Talon fiasco and start selling Ranger ammo to civilians. She said "Oh no, that wasn't it." After asking her a few more questions that she couldn't answer, percentage of sales to civvy vs. LE/mil and so on, she tells me that that don't sell Ranger "because they really got burned by the Black Talons PR mess." No kidding?

The new S&W MP-15 (AR-15) looks real nice and is priced at $1,000.

I looked at the Eotechs again and I think I'm going to buy one of the latest versions.

GAT is taking $10 deposits to put you on the waiting list for a Sig 556 for $1,300. It is due out Q3 2006.

I got there at 10:05 and it wasn't too crowded. When I left at 11:00 it was packed. The GAT people were very friendly.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Did they have any of the XD 45? If so how much? I've seen numerous posts that these are going for under $500 out the door. If they are selling XD 9s for $510 plus tax I'm thinking the 45 will be quite a bit more.

Curious how this works in these shows. Does the house get a cut? I haven't really checked around but my sense is that GATs prices aren't exactly the lowest.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:23:44 AM EDT
[#25]
This was no where near as good as last year. The only thing that remotely interested me was the GI hi-cap for $510. At least I got catalogs out of it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:02:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Hmmm. I'm wondering if I should waste my time.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Change of plans! Got the night off due to having a class in the morning for work. I'm heading up now should be there by quarter of 3.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#28]

The only thing that remotely interested me was the GI hi-cap for $510.

The high cap was not a GI model.  They called it a Loaded but it did not have all the loaded features.  It did have some features the GI was without like a beavertail, different barrel.

They had some fullsize ultralight(aluminum frame) Loaded models for $549 but they went fast.

Micro Compact Lightweight Bi-tone Loaded in .40 cal for $659.  This was a great piece.   I have no idea why I did not buy one.  I was hoping they had some deals on TRP's

Last year the parkerized loaded was $500 and the Operator was $600.  

btw the XD for $509 also came with a $100 light.  Don't remember the model # as I was not looking for an XD.  That an all SA pistols came with an extra mag(for a total of 3), a hat and a t shirt.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top