Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2022 1:38:29 PM EDT
HELP!

My wife decided, and I agree, that since our kids have grown past the "messy, spill, play-dough, jump on the furniture" phase, it's time to upgrade to nice living room, dining room, and master bedroom furnishings.

Anyone in the above AOs able to recommend a shop/shops that aren't selling mdf crap or stuff at 100% markups over what I could get online?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I've bought stuff from Costco, been pretty happy.

Link Posted: 3/6/2022 2:07:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Had no problems with Unclaimed Freight by ABE Airport
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 11:07:09 AM EDT
[#3]
We got some nice things at Royal Furniture in Emmaus a couple years ago.
We ordered solid cherry book cases from Ebert Furniture Gallery in Allentown and they delivered MDF crap. We had a huge argument before they refunded my money. I wouldn't do business with them again.
We ended up getting solid cherry book cases and dressers custom made by an Amish fellow. I can look up his information if you are interested.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.  Definitely some places for us to check out.
I am interested in the Amish craftsman...
One of the things we're looking for that's been nearly impossible to find is a king sized sleigh or tall panel bed. (Not a platform or captain's bed.)
Wife has restless leg, and needs a footboard that's taller than the mattress to push against to calm it down... Can't seem to find anything with a tall footboard that isn't upholstered, or built so low to the ground that you'd stub your toes on the bedrails, let alone be able to store anything underneath.
No one seems to have anything remotely like what we're looking for available for 6-8 months... and if we're going to be waiting, we'd be willing to wait for heirloom quality.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 4:07:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Heck, at this point, I'd also be willing to build one myself if I could actually get decent hardwood (oak or cherry) within a 50 mile radius.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Hagar Furniture in Palmerton.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Royal Furniture in Emmaus or Martin's Furniture in Bethlehem.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:12:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Hendrickson in Furlong or Emaus has some nice stuff. Not sure if they had beds the last time I was in there but it has been a few years.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#9]
If you're willing to drive out to Annville, I recommend Country Lane Furniture.

https://www.countrylanefurniture.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top