Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2013 3:28:45 PM EDT
Lacey and I went out to the  OKCGun Club today. First stop was at the plinking range. She fell in love with the suppressed Ruger 22/45 Lite and happily went through a bunch of .22 LR while I played with the 9mm AR. The steel plates fell to our onslaught!  Next stop was at the benchrest range where I tested some of OKCSCOTT's handloads for function in the suppressed Blackout (flawless function, of course!) and tried out the Kestrel 5.56 on my recently acquired 14.5" 5.56mm Colt upper using some M193. There was a considerable crack but it was significantly suppressed. Still, I think the Kestrel will be a permanent .22 LR only can. I have a YHM QD mount for the 5.56 AR that will let me use the 7.62 Phantom Ti on it. That'll be my go to can for 5.56 until I decide whether or not I want a dedicated .22 centerfire can. Here's a link to some video of the Kestrel. I still can't get this embed thing figured out.

Shooting M193 through a HTA Kestrel 5.56
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 3:45:58 PM EDT
[#1]
leemozoid sounds like a great day. Your right that Kestrel does sound like a bit more crack than my AWC. Have you tried running it wet?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 3:54:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
leemozoid sounds like a great day. Your right that Kestrel does sound like a bit more crack than my AWC. Have you tried running it wet?
View Quote

I've run it wet on .22 LR but didn't have the ability to try that today. It's beyond Hollywood quiet with subsonic LR. I'm sure it would have helped some.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#3]
A bad day ay the range is still a darn good day. Looked like you had fun.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A bit noisy with that high velocity mil spec ammo, too bad the range was so crowded!

I mowed this afternoon since its supposed to rain tomorrow.  I mowed last Friday, it hasn't even been a week yet and it looked like I hadn't mowed in a month!
View Quote

I mowed Monday. It's kind of a game with my neighbors. We never mow on the same schedule so one of us ends up making the other's lawn look tall and scruffy.

There were a couple of fellows shooting a bull barrel .22 LR when we first got to the bench rest range. They were packing up as I was setting up and let me know they were clear so I could hang targets. I was setting up the Blackout with the suppressor and subs so I let them know I was hearing safe.

There was a fellow and his grandson that joined us on the plinking range. Being the enabler that I am I offered (and they accepted) to let them shoot the suppressed Ruger and the 9mm AR. His grandson loved the AR but now that gramps has a good understanding of the NFA process I think I see a suppressor in his future!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top