Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2007 8:19:22 AM EDT
I'd like to have something full auto in the collection. What is available to legally own in CT? I'm thinking something in a pistol cal, like an MP5. Is it possible or would it be ridiculously expensive? Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 8:38:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Full Auto is legal in CT, providing it is not select fire.

Transferrable MP5s are running about 16-18k.
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 8:53:24 AM EDT
[#2]
What is the least expensive way to get anything in full auto?
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#4]
NGX has a ton of the class III toys  
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 2:22:57 PM EDT
[#5]
JoJo's has a powder springs mac, asking $3500.
Link Posted: 9/24/2007 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I gotta get back up there. It's been weeks.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 6:15:18 AM EDT
[#7]
give Joel Cramer a call Remarcable Arms

He does nothing but class III stuff, every where I go his name comes up as the full auto guy to know.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 11:52:17 AM EDT
[#8]
i surely would like to add MP5 into my collection of power toys but not at that price.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 5:05:56 AM EDT
[#9]
How is the full auto MP5 legal in connecticut.  The AWB states that weapon specifically in the list.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:52:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
How is the full auto MP5 legal in connecticut.  The AWB states that weapon specifically in the list.

because it is class 3..
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 8:03:24 AM EDT
[#11]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

because it is class 3..

If that is the case, my question is what about SBRs, can you have a weapon on the AWB or a post ban weapon as long as it regulated by the NFA as a SBR?
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Some say yes some say no..
I am not sure..

But I have heard some people say you can take a POST-BAN gun SBR it and have all the evil features..

I am not about to try it though..
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Im a little confused on what the term means for class 3.  How does that make it legal to have if that certain weapon is on the AWB.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 2:22:55 PM EDT
[#14]
The CT AWB pertains to semi auto firearms only. Since select fire is illegal, full auto firearms are class III, while their semi auto clones are SOL.

Quoted:
Im a little confused on what the term means for class 3.  How does that make it legal to have if that certain weapon is on the AWB.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:33:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I see the HK94 on the list.  If that is the semi version, what would the full auto model be?  It almost sounds like this is all interpretation and not actual fact.  I dont see in the ban were it says that this is only semi auto and not full auto.

For instance, the ban states Colt model AR15 and Sporter are illegal in this state.  Does this mean that if I was to acquire a Colt model AR15 full auto only that it would be legal?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:42:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Does this mean that if I was to acquire a Colt model AR15 full auto only that it would be legal?

Yes it would be legal because it would classified as a Class 3 weapon..
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:49:14 AM EDT
[#17]
That just all seems very strange to me.. but if its true then hell with it.  No the big question is were would I find myself a full auto MP5.  Any shops carrying these things?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:56:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Ok after confirming the price of these things, it might be more difficult then I thought.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:04:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Why 15grand isnt worth the evil features!!!
Get an M16, they can be had for 9-10 grand and you can build more uppers in different calibers..
With an MP5 9mm is all you get!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:26:40 AM EDT
[#20]
I didnt say its not worth it.  Just crazy amounts of money.  I am actually looking to get a complete colt or bushy pre ban lower.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:35:21 AM EDT
[#21]
height=8
Quoted:
I see the HK94 on the list.  If that is the semi version, what would the full auto model be?  It almost sounds like this is all interpretation and not actual fact.  I dont see in the ban were it says that this is only semi auto and not full auto.

For instance, the ban states Colt model AR15 and Sporter are illegal in this state.  Does this mean that if I was to acquire a Colt model AR15 full auto only that it would be legal?

The first sentence in section 1 of the AWB sums it up.  So the semi auto versions are banned (including pre ban colt ar-15s & sporters lower receivers and complete rifles) not the full auto versions of the listed weapons.  I think it would be kind of a waste to spend all that cash on a MP-5 just to have it altered so it will only fire full auto only.

Sec. 53-202a. Assault weapons: Definition. (a) As used in this section and sections 53-202b to 53-202k, inclusive, "assault weapon" means:

(1) Any selective-fire firearm capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the option of the user or any of the following specified semiautomatic firearms:
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:59:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Well that pretty much sums that up.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 8:23:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I didnt say its not worth it.  Just crazy amounts of money.  I am actually looking to get a complete colt or bushy pre ban lower.

There is no such thing as a Pre-Ban Colt that is CT compliant..
Look for Bushmaster, PWA, and Eagle Arms.. I have at least one of each and they are great lowers..

Stay away from Essential Arms, they as CAST and Olympic unless you make sure it in spec.. I have had both of these and want happy with them..

Good luck..
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:46:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look for Bushmaster, PWA, and Eagle Arms.. I have at least one of each and they are great lowers..

Stay away from Essential Arms, they as CAST and Olympic unless you make sure it in spec.. I have had both of these and want happy with them..

Good luck..

actually, that's not entirely true. There are some preban colt Match Targets which are legal in CT.

REALLY,
When I was looking for one of them I was told by a bunch of COLT guys on here that there was no such thing.. Do you have proof of these??

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#27]
I have heard of a pre ban Colt tactical Carbine. Not listed on the ban but most were exported to Israel I believe. 300 exported and 100 stayed. Not sure of those numbers tho.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#28]
There are some preban colts that are legal in CT,  the guy I bought my prebans from had one.  It is not stamped AR15, sp1 or sporter so therefore it is not banned by name.  These are very hard to come by because they were made to be exported out of the country, not sold within.  I believe those numbers Mag_dump stated are correct.  Just to be absolutely clear, I have held this rifle in my hands so I know its real, I am not going off hearsay.  That said, stick with PWA and Eagle Arms (Armalite) in CT and you'll be good to go.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Some say yes some say no..
I am not sure..

But I have heard some people say you can take a POST-BAN gun SBR it and have all the evil features..

I am not about to try it though..

Yeah I heard that too, thats what made me ask.  I am not going to try it unless I get an answer from from the CSP in writing that says yes the AWB does not apply to SBRs.

Good Luck with that one!!
Much easier to buy a Pre-Ban lower and not worry about it..
Or Like I did and get a few of them and an M16.. That about ended my EVIL feature problems.

I have a few preban lowers already, I was thinking it could be a door way to other weapons besides ARs that are to evil to allow in the state.  I just read the AWB again and it sounds like it would apply to SBR just not full auto only machine guns.

It only applies to machine guns.  An SBR is still subject to the CT laws concerning "evil features".  SBR does, however, negate the laws concerning imported parts on a gun.  If you were to build an FAL or HK G3K and SBR it then you would not have to adhere to the US parts count rules.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck..

actually, that's not entirely true. There are some preban colt Match Targets which are legal in CT.

REALLY,
When I was looking for one of them I was told by a bunch of COLT guys on here that there was no such thing.. Do you have proof of these??

Thanks

there's a mod who lives in west virginia, goes by HeavyMetal who has one. I was trying to buy it from him a couple of years ago, never saw it but he said it was verified.

He replied back and said he doesn't, although he did give me somebody else to try.

I've already spoken with some folks at Colt and they say flat out "no", so I'm getting pretty skeptical at this point.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top