Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 8:09:12 PM EDT

I was at my customers house, for the second time. Why I didn't notice it, the first time. I don't know.

I look up and see this beautifully, full mount Golden Eagle. She told me, how she got it and that the Interior Department knows she has it. So don't get your panties in a bind. She legally has posession of it.

This mount was done long ago. Maybe fifty to sixty years ago. It's in perfect condition. Way better than most mounts, I've seen today.

And I've seen the best mounts. Like the Safaria Presidents Award Members Collection. That a another customer of mine had. I swear the full mount Lion was alive. I thought, I was in a Jungle.

She also has a Indian Speer that is extremely old. Like before Custard days. It has about twelve Eagle feathers hanging off it.  

She said, she wanted to give them both to a Indian Museum in her will. But knows, most state museums, wouldn't take care of them. I told her about the New Smithsonian Indian Museum in DC. So she's going to contact them.

Just thought I'd share this.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]

She also has a Indian Speer that is extremely old. Like before Custard days. It has about twelve Eagle feathers hanging off it.

Probably an old coup stick, and worth quite abit.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:03:07 PM EDT
[#2]

An estimator told her, she could get $75,000.00. On the black market.  But it's illegal for her to sell it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

An estimator told her, she could get $75,000.00. On the black market.  But it's illegal for her to sell it.

Why is that?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#4]
because its viewed as a historic artifact?  (just grasping at straws here....)
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:44:03 AM EDT
[#5]
It's funney to read all of the indictments for possession of Eagle feathers down in District Court every week.

They had a nice eagle mount in a glass case at the old courthouse before they moved to the new building.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top