BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 6:15:50 PM EDT
Anyone plan on going?

FireBlade
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I might be there, just to see how dealers are treating the impending sunset. Maybe pick up some ammo or mags if the price dips nicely.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#2]
not too familiar with this show.  how big is it compared to big town or market hall?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#3]

straight up 9AM
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
not too familiar with this show.  how big is it compared to big town or market hall?

I cant compare. This show is the only show I go to when it comes to town. It fills up most of the convention hall its in, but if you took out all the beanie babies, beef jerkey and coin collectors, you'd probably be left with about 2/3rds of the hall being filled. JMHO.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:16:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Is this similar to the one 2 weeks ago?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:22:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Its a hit or miss mabe a little smaller than Bigtown sometimes bigger.  Bigger in square footage.

I want to see how the ban effects the shows.

FireBlade
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:29:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I am going to go. I want to pick up a FN five-seven. I hope they dont gouge like the shows in CA did. I have never been to a gunshow here in TX....
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:44:49 PM EDT
[#8]
So how did this show go today? I got busy doing other things and decided I would go tomorrow morning bright and early.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I liked it. I ended up sans Five-SeveN, but I have a Tanfoglio full size 10mm in wonderfinish. Great buy too. I love this damn pistol, and I figure 16 rds of 10mm will kill anything. Overall, seemed like a good show, but it was my first here in TX.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Curious how the overall attitude of dealers were who sold magazines and if they were comming down on prices now. Also curious about the preban and postban rifles and how they're trying to sell them. I have a few things I'll be looking to buy, but they're not really ban related except magazines. I always walk away from the gun show with at least some magazines. It would be nice if I could get some for a few dollars less now.  I guess we'll see.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:20:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I went to this show yesterday, not many AR parts to be had. no flash hiders or collapsable stocks anywhere in this show.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#12]
I just got back from the show. I talked with a guy who was selling Blackhawk stuff and he said this was going to be his last Fort Worth show because there just wasnt much military/L.E. interest going around. I can certainly agree from a vendor standpoint, but fuck, everytime I stopped to look at anything remotely military there must have been a line of guys all bunched up in front of it gawking at the stuff. I think the demand is there but for some reason there just isn't anyone selling a comprehensible amount of AR/military stuff. I'll probably go to the next show to see how things are AFTER the ban, but I was not impressed with anything today. Some asshole still had his AR mags at $39 NIW. Yeah, WTFE, hold out as long as you can. I eavesdroped on alot of conversations about magazines and I found most of the people talking were well aware of the ban expiring, so if vendors think its going to get any easier they're hopeless. They'll still have the occasional dupe who doesnt know anything about the ban or mag prices and will buy them, but I hope they slow down to a trickle, or I hope they get heckled to death by all the educated ones. I'll continue to get my deals online.

Oh, I also saw someone with a Hun Farm shirt on. But I didnt say hi. Sorry!  I'm paranoid like that.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:19:17 PM EDT
[#13]
not too much ar stuff except for complete rifles from oly arms and a few others.  didn't notice much, if any, price fluctuation regarding the upcoming sunset.  hopefully, i'll find some purdy looking lowers at big town and market hall in the upcoming weeks.  h.gif
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:27:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Only the Market Hall show is worth going to. Even Big Town has gone down hill in recent years.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#15]
When is the next Market Hall show? I would like to go to it sometime just to see what its like.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:40:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
When is the next Market Hall show? I would like to go to it sometime just to see what its like.

sept 25-26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top