Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/31/2005 9:48:24 AM EDT
What are we going to do with 29,000 homeless people in Houston?

Are they going to require them to stay there?

Are they bringing them here by bus?

How long will they be welcome in the 'dome?

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:51:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By THR-Thumper:
What are we going to do with 29,000 homeless people in Houston?

warehouse them

Are they going to require them to stay there?

i bet not. most likley they will be assigned a chair to sleep in and get to ride the toy train for free!

Are they bringing them here by bus?

yep!

How long will they be welcome in the 'dome?

i don't know. when is the next big TWCA gun show at reliant?

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:00:14 PM EDT
I doubt it's the dome folks, but I've been moving several ex-New Orleans into my complex all day.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:13:52 PM EDT
we have about 4-5 families in our house right now and had to send one somewhere else.

its like a war going on at the homestead! taking turns sleeping and what not.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:53:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:
we have about 4-5 families in our house right now and had to send one somewhere else.

its like a war going on at the homestead! taking turns sleeping and what not.

+1, I have several evacuees at my 20, as does all of the rest of our family who doesn't live directly at ground zero....this shit is way bad, and it will be for a longggggg time.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:07:24 PM EDT
I do not think most people realize this is about 10, 100 maybe 1000 times worse than 9-11.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:22:58 PM EDT
So you dont think we just inherited 29,000 homeless people?

Think they're going to want to return to the toxic soup bowl 'tween the levees?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:31:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/31/2005 3:34:22 PM EDT by Knight_Shadow]
i know they need help and yes we should help. they need all the help they can get. some have lost family members and most has lost everything else. my question is,

how will this affect houston's crime rate?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:07:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By THR-Thumper:
So you dont think we just inherited 29,000 homeless people?

Think they're going to want to return to the toxic soup bowl 'tween the levees?

Geez.

It's time to stop thinking "this is inconveniencing me" to "this is a MAJOR disaster and people are just trying to sruvive."

As long as they don't break the law - yeah - the country as a whole has inhertied about a million refugees.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:25:55 PM EDT
They are bringing a large group into Reunion Arena in Dallas today too.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:34:26 PM EDT
Personally I think most of these people coming to the Dome will be of the welfare recipient variety.
I too wonder where they will go once the free meals stop?

BTW the local schools will be having fun with all these "homeless" kids that they are now responsible for.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:41:27 PM EDT
My heart goes out to these people. I don't feel that this is a inconvenance and I'm sure no one else does either. I wish everyone of those people God's speed and safety.

I happen to have the tv on MSNBC today at about 7:00 pm and they were talking about the Looters, The reporter asked the question " Where are the police during all of this? Well, there on aisle 3." Ther were these 3 women cops pointing at shoe's and putting stuff in a Walmart shopping cart.WTF over?]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:55:02 PM EDT
C'mon, people. These folks have lost EVRYTHING, and you're bitching?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:25:27 PM EDT
The way these people are acting is not helping their case...
Has anyone seen the footage from the Dome?
There have already been threats of violence (by some of the fine outstanding people of NOLA) cause they can't get in the Dome parking lot to wait around to see if they know people who are on thier way here.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:45:52 PM EDT
The first school bus arrived at the Astrodome a little while ago somewhat "ahead of schedule".....it was determined to have been stolen by its occupants.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:43:48 PM EDT
I just saw on the Communist News Network...
The second bus to arrive was stolen as well.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:49:27 PM EDT
You know, Tony, after what I have seen of the city on the news the past few days [and knowing N.O. quite well after having grown up there], I somewhat reluctantly say that I can't really blame them. I just hope that they were only stolen vs. bus-jacked. The folks that are left there are the "have nots", and they are clearly quite desparate.

All of my extensive family was able to get out on their own, but it looks like most of their homes took water pretty much to the roof, except maybe one of my sister's on the Westbank.

OT, and on a more positive note, are you going to the shoot at 338WM's on Monday? Maybe we can ride together; I feel the need to throw some lead, and break in the new BCG in my carbine. I'll PM my cell #.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:35:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 6:36:10 PM EDT by Voldermortist]

Originally Posted By murderman:
The first school bus arrived at the Astrodome a little while ago somewhat "ahead of schedule".....it was determined to have been stolen by its occupants.

desperate
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:47:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Voldermortist:
desperate

And the 2 rapes that have occurred in the dome already? And the Nat Guardsman that was shot?

It's horrible what's happened, obviously, but some of the people being rescued are real animals.

I hope I don't sound unsympathetic, because I'm certainly not, but I'm jaded by some of the things going on.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:40:05 AM EDT
though i feel that help is needed and all of them arent bad it is getting out of hand
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:47:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Madhouse:

Originally Posted By Voldermortist:
desperate

And the 2 rapes that have occurred in the dome already? And the Nat Guardsman that was shot?

It's horrible what's happened, obviously, but some of the people being rescued are real animals.

I hope I don't sound unsympathetic, because I'm certainly not, but I'm jaded by some of the things going on.

find the people who did it. kill them. desperate times call for desperate measures(in truth I'd just have little care for them, but sshh don't tell the politicians that).
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:59:39 AM EDT
I have heard that yesterday there were 2 men caught in the womens shower and there was 1 attempted rape inside the Astrodome. Looks like the fun and games has hit H'town.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:00:51 AM EDT
Which govermental Rep. decided to inflict these welfare rats on Dallas ? We already have some of the highest crime rates in the country.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:30:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By kikomax:
I have heard that yesterday there were 2 men caught in the womens shower and there was 1 attempted rape inside the Astrodome. Looks like the fun and games has hit H'town.

no, those were internet rumers going around. check local news sources (who you know would be the first to report it), and local LE information, it didn't happen.
Top Top