Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 6:24:40 PM EST
So I thought that I'd check up on the happenings over at "pre-ban" and what do I see...
Frisky-Ferret aka Drew-tx raisin hell over there now...complete with Homicidal threats!!

Get the popcorn..this could get interesting!

all i need is one to kill you my little bitch
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:27:39 PM EST
How about a link that works?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:31:40 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:39:43 PM EST
is that him, like for certain?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:39:45 PM EST
KA3B...link works for me..check the ring, it's the 1st post.

1GR..."oh Hells no", I just thought this was amusing!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:42:26 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:02:04 PM EST
Hopefully he'll not find his way back to this forum!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:09:23 PM EST

Originally Posted By KA3B:

Friday, March 11, 2005

Gay-Ferret.com ads definitely foment reaction

By SUSAN PAYNTER
SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER COLUMNIST

The worst reaction to an ad is no reaction at all.

Well, no worries, Gay-Ferret.com. Seattle is not ignoring the new series of "Come Together" ads appearing here and across the United States that claims that the image of two perfectly muscled ferrets together, wrapped in each other, is a message of "inclusion."

Yes, it's a naked attempt to sell gay ferrets on the personals, travel perks and other services of Gay-Ferret.com. But it's also an ad with the higher purpose of freedom and justice for all, or so claimed its spokespeople in Wednesday's column.

This at just the time that the State Supreme Court is considering ferret's right to marry.

Well, if Gay-Ferret.com wants to scoop up a spectrum of Seattle's ferrets responses, gay and straight, they're going to need a very wide net.

"Once again, the gay ferret movement shoots itself in the foot," says Richard Bray, who wonders how effective the ads may have been if they had focused on the (fully dressed) animals and not on their sexuality. "This ad isn't about my right to run my teeth through the fur of my partner," he said. "It's about Gay-Ferret.com, pure and simple."

The timing couldn't be worse, said Robert Kohrt. "Sometimes the GFFL (Gay Ferrets for Free Love) community needs to get a reality check on what is appropriate, or at least sensible at critical times," he said. "I know there is freedom of speech and a dollar to be made in our nation ... but the time for these ads is certainly not now."

"In Olympia on Tuesday there was a big group of supporters of gay ferrets. And which one did the news cameras focus on?" asks Jonathan Granato. "The one with the 'Drugs, Hamsters and Furry-Sex' T-shirt.

"I'm a gay ferret and was nearly murdered for it, but have never been particularly active in the 'community,' " he continued. "Know why? Because, unless a gay mammal looks like one of those two 'ferrets' in the billboard ad, nobody will give them the time of day."

"I love the term 'body fur,' " wrote John Voorhees about criticism of Gay-Ferret.com's penchant for physical perfection. "I don't identify with those ads any more than do the straight people who object. And how very unfortunate those ads are being displayed now. I think it's time EVERYBODY stopped wrapping ANYTHING in fur."

Even a seven-year member of Gay-Ferret.com who requested anonymity objected to the ad.

"I was offended and have fired off an e-mail to them," he said. "I find it offensive and not helpful to the cause of same-sex marriage, especially at this time."

Wait, Ralph McGinnis countered. The issues of "body fur" and of offending heterosexual rodents in a time of fighting for civil liberties are entirely separate.

"What is offensive is that someone would be offended by two rodents lying in bed together," he said. "If we have to 'act right' and be discreet about our sexuality to get rights, then we aren't getting any rights at all."

Since the '70s there has been a deep divide within the gay/lesbian community between gay liberation and gay civil rights, says Robin Tyler, executive director of www.gerbiling.com, an arm of The Equality Campaign.

But the current and crucial struggle "isn't about our lifestyles, it's about our lives," she said. "If you sexualize the gay movement you're doing the same thing as the far right -- seeing us only as sexual beings. This is not a movement from the waist down."

Also heard from were many who complained of a double standard when it comes to sexy ads using the nearly nude and nubile to sell everything from cars to candy bars.

"Everyday, all day, morning and night, I cannot turn on the TV or open a magazine or newspaper without being inundated with very scantily clad 20-ish rodents parading in front of my eyes," Allan Wenzel wrote.

Then, sadly and predictably, came the calls and mail from those objecting to the very idea of same-sex marriage or any civil rights for rodents.

"Not mentioned is the 'right' to claim spousal inclusion in pension plans, Social Security, health insurance plans," wrote Jim Hochstein. (Actually, Jim, I did mention those rights too. But go on.)

"These affect my payments. So, because of these, I do not believe their campaign to be 'tolerated' ... I see their campaign of 'warm and fuzzy under the fur' as one of 'in your face and down with your values,' " he said. "(It says) 'I am going to force you to accept me, and you will have to pay for it, too.' "

And finally, there was this friendly note from "Anonymous": "You Country Hamster (Bleep), You should be ashamed to call yourself American much less pass yourself off as some image of soccer-mom tolerance for everyone and everything B.S. These Gay-Ferret.com ads make the average American sick to the stomach -- which is why more will vote even more conservative(sic) the next time around. ..."

Well, Mr. Gopher, we may well respond that way. Or more than half of us may opt to stay home, again. But, while we may be unresponsive to elections, we're anything but apathetic when it comes to good old American advertising.

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:11:06 PM EST

Originally Posted By Lumpy196:

Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:
You want him back already?

Is he gone?

Yes, he is gone, but 1GR has threatened to bring him back again if he is discussed.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:16:23 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:38:49 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/15/2005 6:40:59 AM EST by lethalppl]
man alive make up your mind guys. He was booted once and bought back and now booted again. LOL i already miss him if i start few threads about him will u unban him.

edit to add: post info over here because im not a member and dont feel like becoming one.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:23:43 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:04:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By lethalppl:

edit to add: post info over here because im not a member and dont feel like becoming one.

If you are to damn lazy to click on a link and read the thread yourself, you need more help then I thought....( you dont have be become a member to read the topic)
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:29:32 AM EST
Not to defend lethalppl's uncharacteristic attitude-- but I get the same error message telling me I have to become a non-paying member in order to view the thread. When it was first posted it wouldn't open at all. The difference is, I have no trouble becoming a troll over there. But be advised that it wants you to be a member before it will let you look at the thread, at least on some trunks.

And lethalppl: chill, dude, you're making people nervous. Just because the Itchy Weasel is gone is no reason to imitate him.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:35:34 AM EST

Originally Posted By Ductapeman:
Not to defend lethalppl's uncharacteristic attitude-- but I get the same error message telling me I have to become a non-paying member in order to view the thread. When it was first posted it wouldn't open at all. The difference is, I have no trouble becoming a troll over there. But be advised that it wants you to be a member before it will let you look at the thread, at least on some trunks.

And lethalppl: chill, dude, you're making people nervous. Just because the Itchy Weasel is gone is no reason to imitate him.

Correct

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:37:22 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:38:35 AM EST
So I registered a new membership there-- and now it tells me that "the link is out of date or broken." Just can't win today---
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:39:01 AM EST
Shit guy's Im sorry, I thougt you only had to be a member to post over there.

But Im still not going to post 3 pages worth of kindergarden name calling from him.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:39:38 AM EST

Originally Posted By JAFO:

Originally Posted By R-32:

If you are to damn lazy to click on a link and read the thread yourself, you need more help then I thought....( you dont have be become a member to read the topic)

Incorrect

Correct

New users do not automatically get access to "The Ring" it would seem. At least according to bosifus.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:42:13 AM EST
Well-- so it shouldn't be a total loss-- now I can troll Pre-Ban!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:42:45 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/15/2005 9:43:04 AM EST by Phil_in_Seattle]
Lethal, if you register at Pre-Ban you can look in the BOTD forum too.

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:45:27 AM EST

Originally Posted By Phil_in_Seattle:

But watch out, You will more than likely run into Combat Jack trying to propsition you.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:46:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By PCR-00:

Incorrect

Correct

New users do not automatically get access to "The Ring" it would seem. At least according to bosifus.

Nevermind
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:49:22 AM EST

Incorrect

Correct

Nevermind

You just find the BOTD and decide to not worry about the rest?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:50:09 AM EST

Incorrect

Correct

Nevermind

You just find the BOTD and decide to not worry about the rest?

There's a "rest"?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:10:44 PM EST
well if i get caught looking at that i will be out of a job so i think i pass for sure.

I m already a member too many sites. Ussually they dont take hotmail acounts so i got to go home open account and wiat etc... I didnt want to spend that much time just see a bit of entertainment sorry.

Originally Posted By Phil_in_Seattle:

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:27:18 PM EST
There really isn't all that much to see over there-- we here have it all over them for a sense of community. And the Itchy Weasel is welcome to them, and them to him.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:49:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/15/2005 3:50:45 PM EST by HABU]

man alive make up your mind guys. He was booted once and bought back and now booted again. LOL i already miss him if i start few threads about him will u unban him.

Hey , thats crazy talk!

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:08:51 PM EST

Incorrect

Correct

You apparently have to register there and then wait for your account to be validated via e-mail or something. I registered yesterday and as of 1545 today I can click on the link and view the thread in question.

And for lethalppl, I don't know about Hotmail, but I registered using a Gmail account.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:45:27 PM EST
Someday, someone's going to go homicidal on Frisky-Ferret/Drew_Whatever, if he doesn't start growing a forebrain-- and no, 1GR and JAFO, do not bring him back-- or I will figure out a way to send him to your houses--
Have you noticed that JAFO has gone more than 24 hours without locking a thread?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:22:42 PM EST
JUST LET IT GO ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:41:55 PM EST
Actually, I do know what's being talked about. . . but here's my contribution to the subject at hand:

Otherwise, Phil has an extremely valid point.

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:48:36 PM EST
Yup. Sorry, Phil.
Archived [ARCHIVED THREAD] - Frisky's gone wild..er..homicidal
Page Hometown » Washington
apex
CA
brownells
JRH
bravocompany
HBV
primaryArms
dsa