Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2010 1:14:23 PM EDT
The wife and I are headed to Fripp island to stay at a friend's condo next weekend (10/28 - 10/31).  What are some good eats and other things we may want to do?  We are 31 and 27 yrs young.  Will be staying on the Ocean Point Golf Links so I will probably take the sticks.   Thanks in advance!

Link Posted: 10/25/2010 6:28:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Fripp Island is BEAUTIFUL.  

However, it is "close" to approximately BFE––NOTHING.  You are going to be out past Hunting Island State Park which is where they filmed the Vietnam portion of Forest Gump (seriously, I am not making this up), so you are not going to be near anything.  There is one restaurant after you cross the bridge to Hunting and Fripp, but otherwise the nearest Bars and Restaurants are in Ladys Island and Beaufort.  30+ minutes away.

Enjoy.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 2:18:09 AM EDT
[#2]
payback is right, theres nothing to do their. if you're looking to "get-away" thats the place for you. my in laws live down their.
we usually ride over to hilton head
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:07:52 PM EDT
[#3]
You can always go crabbing or shrimping on the creek.  Apart from that...it's byo entertainment.  I think it's a wonderful place.  You'll love it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top