Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2006 5:12:04 PM EDT

He has a very nice older gun that needs refinishing and he wants it nickle plated (which was a factory option for this gun when it was originally made but Colt apparently won't do it any longer).

Does anyone know a plating shop they can recommend? It doesn't have to be a gun shop--last one I knew somebody had redone was by a Harley shop that did chrome work and the gun turned out great.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#1]
You might try General Magnaplate in Arlington.  I visited their facility about 8 years ago and it was very impressive.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:55:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Thanks, Sheltot.

Does anybody else have a plating source?

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:52:21 AM EDT
[#3]
there used to be a guy in Irving..... TRIPP I believe was his name?  I think he is at the Market Hall gun show.... which is next weekend!  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
there used to be a guy in Irving..... TRIPP I believe was his name?  I think he is at the Market Hall gun show.... which is next weekend!  

Thanks. I'll be there and I'll check him out.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Freinds don't let friends nickle (chrome, gold plates....etc) guns
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Freinds don't let friends nickle (chrome, gold plates....etc) guns

Nickel and Chrome are COOL.

If I could afford it... I have a 1911 I would totally pimp out.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#7]
+1for tripp research
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:01:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:18:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Make sure your friend understands electroless nickle is yellow colored if he goes that option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top