Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2011 3:28:26 PM EDT
Posted from Tider Insider (Alabama football) message board...

"Tomorrow at Snow Hinton Park people will be able to get free hot meals and free drinks from Outback Steakhouse, Captain D's, The Alabama Seafood Association which is bringing up 500 pounds of shrimp from our coast for a shrimp boil and probably Papa Johns Pizza. I am the local Director of Parks & Recreation in Tuscaloosa and I am facilitating this for the victims, emergency workers, volunteers and their families. I need to get the word out, because I don't want these generous companies donations to go to waste. There will be enough food for up to 5,000 people. If your power is out, you can get a hot meal in the park tomorrow. You can also pick up meals there to take to your family. This is all totally free due to the generosity of these companies and individuals.
The one bright spot in this tragedy is the awesome generosity of Americans. Due to us having the largest shelter in Tuscaloosa at the Belk Center in Bowers Park; we have been inundated with food and supply donations and volunteers. There have been people from all over America calling to volunteer or just showing up with a truckload of food & supplies. Please come to the park located right on McFarland Blvd and Hargrove Road for free meals tomorrow starting at 11:00 a.m. and please spread the word to other sites.

Thank you."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top