Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2003 2:30:31 PM EDT
My kidneys are free at last!

stone free that is. just got back from the doc and looks like all is clear. Just in time for the shoot!!!!!

YIPPPPPPPIE!!!!

mike
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:16:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Been there, done that, 5 times!  Sorry Mike, it don't seem to get better.  Male, White, living in the South = Kidney Stones:)  My son has just recently turned 27, and currently has 3 having just recently rid himself of 1.

Rick
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats!

Flush them puppies out with some BEER!

Might want to lay off stuff thats high in Calcium, at least that's what I was told to do.

Either way, cheers!

MM419
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:28:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Flush them puppies out with some BEER!

Massive amounts!
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:47:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Lotboy, I like you sig line.

I might change mine now to:

Do you want to see my limpsaber :)

Blood pressure meds you know...

MM419
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 8:30:51 AM EDT
[#5]
sadly beer is litsed as one of the things that may promote stone growth. Along with tea and colas.

Oh well i ain't giving up homebrew. i'll just have to drink more water.

mike
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:31:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Great news, Mike.  Guess you'll be drinking water at Hooters tomorrow, right?  
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
sadly beer is litsed as one of the things that may promote stone growth. Along with tea and colas.

Oh well i ain't giving up homebrew. i'll just have to drink more water.

mike

Cranberry juice my man, Lots & lots of cranberry juice!  Best kidney flusher in the world.

Rick
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 2:48:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually cranberry juice is on the bad list as well now.

Bookhound..... Yea right sure i will :) I'm clean now time to start on a new one

mike
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Actually cranberry juice is on the bad list as well now.

mike

So what's on the good list?  Doesn't sound like much is left.  I used to drink lots of Gatorade during the summer and my Dr. said to give that up if I didn't give up anything! Bad thing is, working outside in the broiling sun a person needs to replace the minerals lost by sweating.  Dang if you do & dang if you don't:)

(Knock on wood) I haven't had a stone in about 5 years now and it sure won't hurt my feelings if I never have another.  If having babies hurt as bad as passing a stone, then the world's population would soon be zero!

Rick
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#10]
WATER-WATER-WATER-SEX-SEX-SEX Seems like as long as I'm drinking 3+ bottles of water a day, seems to be no prob but as soon as I go a couple of days w/lots of H20 them little      f#@!*rs seem to come runnin (12 in 13 yrs). Oh & the sex tell your better half that the doctor said so.......
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Well we just had to start a thread about these suckers!  Somewhere around 5:00 this A.M., I was headed to the ER with my wife who was in severe pain, yep you guessed it, a stone as big as Boulder Dam!   The Dr. said no way she could pass it,so she has an appointment with the Urologist (SP) tomorrow to see what happens next.  I figure a Lithotripsy will be on the agenda within the next few days!

Wish us luck!

Rick
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well we just had to start a thread about these suckers!  Somewhere around 5:00 this A.M., I was headed to the ER with my wife who was in severe pain, yep you guessed it, a stone as big as Boulder Dam!   The Dr. said no way she could pass it,so she has an appointment with the Urologist (SP) tomorrow to see what happens next.  I figure a Lithotripsy will be on the agenda within the next few days!

Wish us luck!

Rick

damn sorry to hear that rick. If you guys need anything just say the word.

mike
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks Mike, she went to the Dr. today and they will be doing the crushing/basket catch thing tomorrow.  Good news is that if she should have to get a Litho done, we now have one in Cullman, no more loooong trips back from Brookwood in B'ham!  

Rick
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#14]
PAIN!...
 I had 6 of the little buggers 4 yrs ago...had to have stint, lythotripsy, and meds to get rid of mine!...
  And July 10th...last month...I had 4 hernias repaired. I am still out and go back to work Aug 25th. I have a patch so big they tattoo'd GOODYEAR across my stomach!  lol
  I thought i knew pain till I took my first deep breath in recovery!...Getting up to #2 the 1st time ...I wont EVEN go there!
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 7:51:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Well it looks like my wife is going to have the Lythotripsy done next Friday here in Cullman.  The Dr. did the basket thing and couldn't get it out.  Thanks goodness we won't have to go to B'ham to have it done.  I had it there in '94(?) and the trip home was a bugger!

Rick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top