Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 11:38:54 AM EDT
Anyone have a need for used furniture?  I manage a self storage facility and we occasionally have stuff left behind, or unsold at auction.  Usually not trash, we throw that away.  We just gave away 6 nice desks and a bookcase.  We get a little of everything as you might imagine.  E-mail me if interested and I will start a list of needs/wants and let you know when something comes up.  No charge, we just don't want to have to dispose of it.  We fill 2 3 yd dumpsters almost every week. [email protected]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Where in VA?  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Where in VA?  

what he said
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#3]
sweet idea, I'm also interested in where some of hte mini-warehouse auctions are in the state. Any information would be great!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Oops, a little dazed and confused today.  
I thought I posted this in the EE.  Mods move it if you want, or would it be better if I just reposted it there?  We are in Alexandria at Potomac Yards.  
I am amazed at what people will abandon.  For example we have a solid oak entertainment center (15'X7') with matching 2 piece storage cabinet/desk cabinet.  Also a matching dresser and night tables that were left in a unit because the guy just didn't want to move them.  All VERY nice.  They now reside in our apartment.    I could probably never afford these new.
We have contacted charities and churches and have been ignored.  1 charity came and took what they wanted, filled the dumpster and left us a mess on the dock and in the unit.  That was all clothes, and all we asked was they clean out the unit and dump what they didn't want.  
In about 2 months, I filled a 10X10 unit with TV's, beds, tables, lamps, dressers, desks, etc.  It did not sell and we broke it all up and disposed of it.  
Let me know of any specific interests and I will email you when I find something.  This is NOT a scam or any crap like that.   I would rather someone have it who can use it than we have to throw it away.  Basically I am lazy.
There will be no guns or knives or gold.  The dang manager gets first dibs on those.  We have found some knives and money.
You are free to come take a look and take it if you want, I'll let you know when.  No charge.
I will only notify people who send me their e-mail address and I will not spam the board.
Send address and wants to [email protected].

That is all
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
sweet idea, I'm also interested in where some of hte mini-warehouse auctions are in the state. Any information would be great!

If you are interested in the auctions, contact any local facility and they should be able to provide you with a schedule, probably for all their locations.
I can get you a schedule for all our facilities in VA (7) and in MD (13).   We have an auction at each place once a month, I think most do.  I personally get nothing (money) from these auctions, and it is a voice bid auction.
We like bidders.  You buy and remove all the contents of the unit within a given time frame .  Broom swept out.
Any storage questions, e-mail me and I will gladly help a fellow arfcommer.  [email protected]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:12:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Email sent.  This is a sweet offer your a scholar and a gentleman.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you sir.  I will try to keep up offline.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top