Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 12:20:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like this thread needs dusting off.  Man, anyone want to take me hog hunting, just shout out...
Live in Tomball, Go to Huntsville guite a bit.  Had a stroke in July, it affected my peripheral vision in my left eye so driving now is kinda limited.  Still in pretty good shape even tho I "vapor locked"
If you need some dirt work done, or trenching/drainage  Im a pretty good operator, probably cant cut grade like I used to..but I doubt anyone on here has that kind of tolerances to meet. (of course u gotta rent the yellow iron).  I am on LTD so I have alot of time..if your elderly or know someone that needs anything done in this area I can help, I suck at carpentry, I can turn a wrench.  I do have a truck, but I wont be doing any labor intensive moving, and Im selling it anyway...Again driving in daytime only for now.....would like to meet someone in this area that reloads , be good to learn.  Im a vet so I am famaliar with AR platform, havent done any "complete rebuilds"...I had experiance with AK but last time I did anything with em was in the 80's..If you  wanna shoot, I have a couple AR's, shotguns, 22, go to Hotwells on 290 when I shoot, so If you wanna get some trigger time or thinking of buying a AR I'll hook u up. I suck at electircal and computers.  Really dont pop a top anymore, but I'll have a cold one every now and then.  Just post then PM me...Jeff
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 11:46:05 PM EDT
[#2]
*Sneeze*  Thanks for dusting this.  LOL

I am a graphic designer.  Work in the screenprinting/embroidery business and do custom & other corporate logos, designs, illustrations for just about anything.  If you need business cards, etc. LMK.

Link Posted: 9/13/2012 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I can clean and grocery shop for trade...south of the river austin.
Link Posted: 9/13/2012 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#4]
College professor.  

Can help with most higher education advising...
Link Posted: 9/13/2012 9:13:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TheProf:
College professor.  

subject?
Link Posted: 9/14/2012 10:09:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MrsSouthOfTexas:

What do you trade?  I could use somebody to clean and shop a few times a month.
Link Posted: 9/14/2012 11:41:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Dallas/Addison Area.
I can help clean guns.
Give decent advice on various Milsurps, not including American. Don't know enough so I keep my trap shut.
Can help with house projects as my schedule allows.
I'm decent with wood working.
I can do voiceover work if anyone needs anything done, Ive got a great radio voice
Link Posted: 9/14/2012 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By dryroasted:

What do you trade?  I could use somebody to clean and shop a few times a month.

I sent you an IM...i'm very thorough!
Link Posted: 9/14/2012 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TheProf:
College professor.  

subject?

I've served as an undergraduate coordinator, graduate coordinator, department chair, certification coordinator.

I'm a Professor of Learning Technologies, but have worked with many through the Texas Common Core and transfer issues.  Won't know all the answers, but can serve as a guide to resources.
Link Posted: 9/16/2012 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in the Clear Lake/Houston area and am a mechanical design engineer.

I have experience in motorsports, vehicles (mostly military trucks and components) weapons systems, and now some oil service stuff.  If you have an idea for a product or something along those lines i can throw it in CAD, prototype, give advice on materials etc.
Link Posted: 9/16/2012 8:58:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By racerpk11:

I have experience in motorsports, vehicles (mostly military trucks and components) weapons systems, and now some oil service stuff.  If you have an idea for a product or something along those lines i can throw it in CAD, prototype, give advice on materials etc.

have you ever fabricated your own bumpers for an offroad vehicle?
Link Posted: 9/16/2012 10:51:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By hrt4me:

I sure have.  The last truck I worked on that was one of my projects, both front and rear.  Had to do a whole bunch including being hung from a CH-47 and incorporated some storage/underbody protection.   I would be happy to discuss some stuff with you.
Link Posted: 9/17/2012 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#13]

I sure have.  The last truck I worked on that was one of my projects, both front and rear.  Had to do a whole bunch including being hung from a CH-47 and incorporated some storage/underbody protection.   I would be happy to discuss some stuff with you.

I'm interested, but too bad I'm in DFW and you're way down in Houston/Clear Lake...
Link Posted: 9/17/2012 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd be happy to take first time/beginner female shooters to the range. I am a woman, and I know sometimes other women would rather learn to shoot or talk about carry options and clothing with another woman instead of a man.

I write young adult book reviews and worked as a librarian, so I can offer book recommendations for readers ages 9-18+ if you need suggestions.

I'm in the north Austin area.
Link Posted: 9/17/2012 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#15]

I'm interested, but too bad I'm in DFW and you're way down in Houston/Clear Lake...

If you want to discuss what you want to do feel free to shoot me an email.  I don't have anything to fab with down here, it has all stayed in NC with the racecars but would be more than happy to discuss what you're looking for, help out with design and help you fab if and when that time comes.  It's a bit of a drive, but nothing too terrible.
Link Posted: 9/17/2012 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#16]
If you want to discuss what you want to do feel free to shoot me an email.  I don't have anything to fab with down here, it has all stayed in NC with the racecars but would be more than happy to discuss what you're looking for, help out with design and help you fab if and when that time comes.  It's a bit of a drive, but nothing too terrible.

cool, I'll send an e-mail shortly...
Link Posted: 9/18/2012 10:39:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TX_Metal:
Dallas/Addison Area.
I can help clean guns.
Give decent advice on various Milsurps, not including American. Don't know enough so I keep my trap shut.
Can help with house projects as my schedule allows.
I can do voiceover work if anyone needs anything done, Ive got a great radio voice

I'm right in your backyard and could always use someone to help when a job calls for two sets of hands.  And I'm more than willing to return the favor.  Feel free to drop me an IM if the need arises.
Link Posted: 9/19/2012 5:53:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hkusp9] [#18]
west houston

have pickup truck
reload on a hornady lock and load, know reloading basics, how not to blow yourself up, ect.
cop by trade but i just spent the last year and a half remodeling and selling houses. I can do about anything that involves a house. I have an airless paint sprayer, texture/mud sprayer gun, lots of air nailers, roofing gun, framing gun, finish nailers, staplers, ect and sanders, and pneumatic ceramic tile/linoleum breaker/remover, house fixin tools ect. If its in a house, i can probably fix it, if i cant fix it, i know about a dozen guys that can for cheap.

Also have a 60 gallon air compressor in my garage and a sandblaster and blast cabinet and paint spray gun. My current hobby is fixing BIG, old chainsaws. Like 125cc saws with 6 foot bars. If you have any 200ft redwoods or cypress trees in west houston that i havent seen in the skyline, i would love to take a shot at them.

I also shoot in hempstead and lake livingston on private land fairly regular and would be willing to teach whatever you want to know or refer you to the guy that does.
Link Posted: 9/19/2012 6:53:35 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm overseas (Germany) most of the year (only back in Spring Branch, TX. for 2 month out of the year).

I can offer assistance for Texans travelling over here in Europe. I'm in the Munich area and make a pretty decent tour guide (fluent in the local lingo).

I'm a history buff and know quite a little about the area. I'm also a motorcycle tourguide if ya'll are planning on riding over here (Alps, Bavaria, Austria).
Link Posted: 9/19/2012 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By mike-munich:
I'm overseas (Germany) most of the year (only back in Spring Branch, TX. for 2 month out of the year).

I can offer assistance for Texans travelling over here in Europe. I'm in the Munich area and make a pretty decent tour guide (fluent in the local lingo).

I'm a history buff and know quite a little about the area. I'm also a motorcycle tourguide if ya'll are planning on riding over here (Alps, Bavaria, Austria).

and your Ford Mustang
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 2:15:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By mike-munich:

and your Ford Mustang

Yep, but somebody would have to chip in for gas, at US$8.65 per gallon...
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 5:37:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Bump up

I'm an Insurance Adjuster for a large company(can't say name) but if you have an accident and need advice please IM me only. I'll also be happy to review your insurance policy and make sure that you have enough coverage to protect yourself and your family. I specialize in auto claims but do work property claims as well.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Buda/South Austin/San Marcos area

I'm a licensed professional engineer in Texas (area of competency is Civil Engineering) and am willing to help with minor engineering consulting issues not requiring an engineer's seal. If you need something sealed I'll have to consider it on a case-by-case basis. There are some specific rules I have to follow if I'm going to be sealing anything.

I've been using CAD for nearly 20 years now and can teach you just about anything related to AutoCAD. I have some limited SolidWorks experience from a few years back. Microstation is from the devil though so we don't talk about it.

I'm an avid long time reloader, have taught several others to reload. I have single stage and progressive presses that I can use to demonstrate proper technique or I can help you set yours up properly. If you have all the components and you pass the sniff test you could use my equipment to crank out your own ammo.

Can fix just about anything or can at least figure out how it needs to be fixed if I don't have the right tools.

Will be glad to come shoot your wild hogs.

Would love to find someone local that could help me with some time on a lathe to build a suppressor or two (on proper form 1's of course).
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#24]

does anybody in the DFW area have the knowledge and time to (hopefully briefly) assist me with diagnosing and fixing some minor electrical (headlight) issues with my vehicle?
Link Posted: 10/13/2012 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#25]
did you get this looked at?
what kind of vehicle?
Link Posted: 10/13/2012 10:57:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Andrewh:
what kind of vehicle?

not yet, still trying to diagnose it (Toyota 4Runner)...
Link Posted: 10/14/2012 8:29:31 AM EDT
[#27]
San Antonio area:

Pistol and Carbine instruction
Shootin buddy
Part time photographer, happy to help build portfolios or take photos of you if you're not too freakin ugly
Can help drink beer
Looking for a place to help remove the hog population
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Sure why not, could use a little good karma.
If you need some sort of vehicle maintenece or repair help, you can let me know. I am in Allen. I can walk you through some of it over the phone, or if you can drive it to me, I have all the tools to do most stuff in my drive way.
Won't do it necessarily, the whole teach a man to fish thing, but won't let you break anything either.

Don't have a lift or a cherry picker, but can help with brakes, oil and filter changes for engine and transmission, some timing belts and chains, water pumps, cv replacement, front suspension work, belts, hoses, etc..
If I don't know how, or can't find out, I will let you know upfront, but I have access to all data and a few other resources.

if your offer still stands, then I am very willing to learn, could use your help and would come to Allen...
Link Posted: 1/7/2013 12:11:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Im Mike, im in the Baytown area.

Machinest by trade so if it spins, rotates I can fix it haha
I can do things around the house
Have tools
Can weld
Operate small equipment such as a bobcat (if you want your pool filled in, lets do it!!!!)
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 2:31:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Houston area

Wife and wannabe homemaker, free services:

Help plan for long term food and water storage - food is not free but advice is! where to buy, what to store, how much to store, how to store
Knife knowledge - materials, sharpening, uses, where to buy
Square-foot gardening knowledge - where to get supplies, things to grow
Some sewing - mending, machine
Knitting - willing to teach

Not on arf much, email [email protected], I'd love to help!

p.s. - wife and homemaking services not free nor for hire
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:48:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Drewcoolness:
same here. I'm 20 minutes from Plano, 15 minutes from McKinney and 30 minutes form Wylie. I have the cherry picker.IF it's cars I can help and I know more about brakes then any man should know.

I could maybe use your assistance on my brakes in the near future...
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:00:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By StZu:
Frisco/McKinney area
I have a lot of tools, mostly woodworking tools

Originally Posted By TX_Metal:
Dallas/Addison Area.

I'm about to start a woodworking project and could probably use some tips and pointers on various cuts and joints and the proper tools to make those...
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 4:18:47 PM EDT
[#33]
AR15Texan- sent an email.
or if anyone else with a stock wrench in the plano to mckinney area can help, I want to replace my m4 stock.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 3:59:19 AM EDT
[#34]
I COULD HELP YOU EMPTY THE FRIDGE,AND MAYBE GET YOU TO HELP ME BUILD ANOTHER LONG RANGER.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 8:45:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DFW_shooter] [#35]
Didn't read all 8 pages, and im new to the HTForums, but I can offer:
a 100yd range for dialing in, 200 for shooting already dialed in. Horses are stabled on adjacent property behind the berm make me leary of shooting to 200 with anything not dialed in.
I can assemble uppers, lowers, free float etc.
Large shop where I can help with most any car repair short of rebuilding transmissions.
Have a tacoma and a trailer if you need to haul locally.
Light welding- gasless mig.
Can metabolize alcohol.

Im just 2 exits south of burleson.

Wouldn't mind meeting some arfcommers so feel free to ask if you need the above.

Edit: also have an RCBS reloading set up that a family friend gave me. After 4hours of practice- sandy hook happened, powder/primers went scarce,  and i havent reloaded a thing. Id be happy to let somebody reload on my bench in exchange for teaching me.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Anyone in the corpus christi area have a place that I can sight my AR in at 50 yards?
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DFW_shooter:
Didn't read all 8 pages, and im new to the HTForums, but I can offer:
a 100yd range for dialing in, 200 for shooting already dialed in. Horses are stabled on adjacent property behind the berm make me leary of shooting to 200 with anything not dialed in.
I can assemble uppers, lowers, free float etc.
Large shop where I can help with most any car repair short of rebuilding transmissions.
Have a tacoma and a trailer if you need to haul locally.
Light welding- gasless mig.
Can metabolize alcohol.

Im just 2 exits south of burleson.

Wouldn't mind meeting some arfcommers so feel free to ask if you need the above.

Edit: also have an RCBS reloading set up that a family friend gave me. After 4hours of practice- sandy hook happened, powder/primers went scarce,  and i havent reloaded a thing. Id be happy to let somebody reload on my bench in exchange for teaching me.
View Quote

I would be interested in trading reloading help/tutorials for wrenching/car repair assistance...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:46:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pcsutton] [#38]
I would gladly review any Oil & Gas Leases, Right-of-Way instruments or other related documents to help with their understanding.

I build lowers and can do basic instruction on reloading.

If you're interested in Ham Radio, I also have a nice station and will help you get started.

I will drink your booze and smoke your cigars.

I'm in South Fort Worth.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:27:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Houston area:

Have some experience with framing, roofing, cabinet and trim work, built decks, fences, etc
Minor to moderate auto repair
Can mig weld if you have the equipment
Have a 3/4 ton diesel
Have done minor electrical work (ran wire, installed plugs/lights/fans)
Have built/ran dirt oval race cars and understand setups
Drive between Houston and southern Louisiana every 14 days
Like beer and rum
Love to fish and don't mind helping with gas/bait/beer

Probably some other stuff I haven't thought of, too
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#40]
From Houston - Currently living in Addison/FB - Travel to Houston often

- Certified Honda/Acura Technician
- Certified TIG Welder
- MIG Welding (Not certified, though)
- Basic Metal Work
- Basic Housework (Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrical, etc.)

All my tools are in Houston still, but would be glad to help over phone or in person with your tools.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Does any one in the Houston   ( I am SW  Houston ) reload shot gun shells ?    I bought two  shot shell reloaders and well need to know what I am doing .   I am willing to pay for all supplies used (I have none ) .. and after words  grub and drinks.,  

Thanks.  

Once I read this whole thread  I will make a post on what I can help with.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 10:11:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: verderben] [#42]
I'm in North Houston.
I can teach/ help with reloading (pistol and rifle).
I'm an ok enough hand at gunsmithing (not a pro).
Will help you drink any extra beer that you have.
Will help you reduce your local hog population.
I'm pretty good with photoshop.
I'm a pretty good cook and will teach that too.
I can teach basic pistol and rifle technique.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 11:13:02 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm in South West  Houston.
I can help with basics of shooting  IE basic pistol and rifle technique.
I'm an ok enough hand at gunsmithing but in no way claim to be a pro
Will help you with any projects you may need an extra hand on .
Will help you reduce your local hog population.
I'm pretty good with a plasma cutter and i can run a welder   (used to work in a sheet metal shop.)
I'm pretty good at wiring for networks    ( used to do fire alarms and IT networks )
I'm a decent cook  and have spent over 20 years on a BBQ team .
I have some great contacts with contractors and can usually find a good deal
If you want to put in a back up generator I have already done the home work and can help you figure out what to do.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 11:56:27 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm in SE Houston

-I usually help people with no experience with basic pistol and rifle techniques and safety. Sometimes it helps to have an outside source for first experiences
-My last job was in tech support so I have a decent knowledge in PC's (not Apple!!)
-I love reading about AR-15 parts, technique, and different builds.  Hit me up with any questions AR-15 related.  I have been trolling long enough to gather a lot of intel but am not a gunsmith

Prior enlisted Marine for 5 years.

Link Posted: 10/23/2013 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By shetrent:
I COULD HELP YOU EMPTY THE FRIDGE,AND MAYBE GET YOU TO HELP ME BUILD ANOTHER LONG RANGER.
View Quote

How does one be a member here for 13 years and have only posted twice?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:42:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JMan04] [#46]
Originally Posted By 1057:
View Quote

View Quote

I am only slightly being a smartass, but I think it's 7 years, not 13.

Point is still the same, long time, not lots of talking.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By JMan04:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JMan04:
Originally Posted By 1057:

I don't say much... Just sift through lots of b.s.  that's how you make it 10 years ...
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Solodevice:
Still fairly new around here, SW Houston (Richmond).
I can install free float rails,  front sight base, gas tubes and buffer tubes as long as tools are provided. (granted any one with the tools probably knows how to do it any way. )
I can remove/install a slide release and firing pin in Glocks.
If you have a problem with being the drunk guy that everyone laughs at and messes with, I can take your place for a night, as long as beer is provided.
I can provide cover fire in case zombies take over.
If you are having a bad day I can cheer you up with the story of my worst day...You won't believe me any way but still you WILL laugh. Or just grab a 12 pack and come over and shoot the shit.
More a less the King of nothing but Jack of all kinda guy

All that being said, does anyone have any experience with hand held scanners and 2 ways? Lookin to get some but I don't know my ass from a hole in the wall about them.
View Quote

Richmond as well.

own a pest control company, i can help identify pests and proper treatments, or tell you if your current service provider is dicking you around or not.

unfortunately i cannot do treatments for free, but i can offer discounts.

i also do land clearing with forestry equipment.  i've had a hand in the pre development work in almost every major subdivision in houston area; woodlands, sienna plantation, coles crossing etc.  we do pipeline ROW maintenance, underbrushing, clearing and grubbing... and for you engineers out there, we cut lines for survey crews a lot and shave off a lot of time on projects.

PM me anytime.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Garland here, but work in Sherman.

I was an Army Photojournalist by trade for several years, and I'm branching out for freelance work any time I get the chance.
I can write, edit, shoot stills or video and consult on most anything media related.
Not that those skills are exactly in high demand, but you never know. I'd kinda like to do some stories about regular old people and their activities with guns - hunting, competition, whatever.
I'm also good with my hands - Cars, trucks, guns, most mechanical things. I went to the "Fix It or Don't Ride School of Auto Mechanics."
I have AR and AK tools and a good deal of knowledge about most weapons. Have done a good bit of gunsmithing and restoration.
I sharpen knives.
I'm good at helping out wherever, really.
I like beer and good barbecue, so if you need help, that's the ticket.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 4:56:54 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
what kind of vehicle?

What year is your 4Runner?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top