Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
9/17/2020 5:59:48 PM
Posted: 12/30/2015 4:52:52 PM EDT

How does the CCW process there???  If you move from say St. Louis???  Just walk in show your current CCW and they make you a new one???  Cost???
NFA items, Sign off, Never went individual as it seemed like to much hassle dealing with St. Louis County... Not sure what I'd have to do to keep adding to a trust filed and formed in St. Louis...

Do you take your completed forms to him and ask for sign off?  Can they do it while you wait???

Will they Fingerprint you there?  Costs???

At some point early '16, I hope to be moving there, just want to start planning the important stuff...  :)

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:31:04 PM EDT
Just keep using your trust, you can amend the address if that's what your getting hung up on.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:41:01 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JBowles:
Just keep using your trust, you can amend the address if that's what your getting hung up on.
View Quote

+1. No reason to not use the trust.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:33:18 AM EDT
CCW address change should not cost more than $10 as long as you do it within the first 30 days of moving. They can add $10 a month for every month over the first (max of $60) and your permit is invalid after 180 days.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:01:14 AM EDT
Im right next door in bollinger county and when I moved out here I just went to the sheriffs office and talked to the chief deputy I dont think it cost much 5.00 or 10.00 it was no sweat . as far as nfa goes I would just continue to use your trust.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:51:41 AM EDT
Bobby Spain is...well...different.  I wouldn't rely on him signing off on any NFA paperwork.  Remember, a sheriff is not your only choice.  If you want to do a personal transfer, send me a message.  I am friends with the prosecutor and I also know the Fredericktown Chief well and he is a good guy (of course he can sign only if you live in Fredericktown).  As the others have said, until the ATF decides they are no longer good, I would transfer everything through the trust.  I have heard of no issues regarding CCW.

On a side note, what are you doing moving to Fredericktown?  It's a beautiful area.  I actually own a place down there.  The employment options are limited at best and I can't fathom a commute back and forth to the city.

Anyway, hit me up when you get down here.  We will shoot some quiet things and some fast things.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:15:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2015 1:16:59 PM EDT by smullen]

Originally Posted By Roaster72:

Bobby Spain is...well...different.  I wouldn't rely on him signing off on any NFA paperwork.  Remember, a sheriff is not your only choice.  If you want to do a personal transfer, send me a message.  I am friends with the prosecutor and I also know the Fredericktown Chief well and he is a good guy (of course he can sign only if you live in Fredericktown).  As the others have said, until the ATF decides they are no longer good, I would transfer everything through the trust.  I have heard of no issues regarding CCW.

On a side note, what are you doing moving to Fredericktown?  It's a beautiful area.  I actually own a place down there.  The employment options are limited at best and I can't fathom a commute back and forth to the city.

Anyway, hit me up when you get down here.  We will shoot some quiet things and some fast things.
View Quote

LOL...  Long story short, I've always loved it down here and wanted to live here... Somewhere between Desloge and Greenville...  

A few years ago, after my divorce a very good friend (who lives down here) introduced me to a girl who lives down here, we hit it off well and have been together for a few years now...

We want to move in together, but her rental is too small for all my junk, we both hate the city...  She is scared of it, I just hate it... and she has a daughter that needs to remain in the school district, so...  Down here it is...

The commute does suck, I usually do it twice a week, doing internet/network engineering I work from home most nights and don't drive to the office very often... If I start having to drive every day, I'll sell my trailblazer and buy a lil car for gas mileage...

I'll let you know when its official...

I know I want to add a few more cans and another two to three SBRs to my collection..

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:40:57 PM EDT
Bobby Spain is...well...different.  
View Quote

I had heard he was elected Sheriff, right out of the academy...don't know if that was true or not.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:57:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ziegenbock:

I had heard he was elected Sheriff, right out of the academy...don't know if that was true or not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Heard his name around a few times, but I really dunno anything about him.. good or bad...

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 12:40:58 AM EDT
Originally Posted By smullen:
Heard his name around a few times, but I really dunno anything about him.. good or bad...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By smullen:

A quick google will pull up some interesting articles. MSHP investigations into a deputy, deputies being fired/quitting. Reminds me of the Mike Dixon mess.
Top Top