Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 4:57:01 PM EDT
Alright...heres the deal.

I found a lump on my left hip, towards the buttocks...can't feel any pain associated with it, its about the size of a pencil eraser, fairly firm.  

Should I make an appointment for the doctor to get this checked out, or is that a pretty "safe" location?

Sorry, gettin a tad nervous over here.

Thanks for the help,
Scott
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]
probably just a cyst. or a fatty tumor.

buddy of mine is loaded with fatty ts all over his body..

none are serious but still a good idea to get it checked out
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#2]

I'm not a doctor so the standard disclaimer applies.  
I had a similar experience two months ago ago.  I found a bump on my underside of my forearm.  It seemed to just appear out of nowhere.  At first I thought that I had just banged my arm on something and the lump would go away.  After a few weeks it was the same firm lump with no pain.  I was completely freaked out.  I was convinced that I had cancer.  Unfortunately I had just switched jobs and my insurance hadn't kicked in.  Because of that I waited another month to go see the doc.  Of course the whole time  until the visit all I did was worry about it.  COMPLETELY freaked out.  To make a long story short.....Doc said that it was benign (sp?).  I can either leave it or have it cut out (outpaitient procedure) if it bothers me.  In my opinion you should go see the doc.  Best case it will be nothing and you will stop worrying.  Worst case it will be something but if you catch it early they'll take case of it before it gets serious.  If you can afford the visit  then go.  The stress of not knowing can't be healty.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#3]
probably a sebatious cysts.

But go get it looked at anyway.Peace of mind thing.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds good, thanks for the words guys.  I'll schedule an appointment for tuesday just to be safe, but I definitely feel alot better.

Scott
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#5]
My advice is to talk to a doctor, not a bunch of gun nuts
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:16:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
not a bunch of gun nuts

We prefer firearm enthusiast.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:51:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My advice is to talk to a doctor, not a bunch of gun nuts

Thats the plan, sometimes its just nice to see if theres anyone who can relate.  Put my mind at ease a bit.  I'm making my appointment tomorrow morning.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:20:17 AM EDT
[#8]
ingrown hair?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:56:18 AM EDT
[#9]
shoot it off...

you are asking a gun board

BTW, I posted this over at knife forums.com, they said cut it off your self.

Good luck, and seriously, see a dr.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:57:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
ingrown hair?

I had one of those on my leg. I picked and picked at it and it still wouldn't come out.

I finally went and got my knife and cut across the top of the "lump" and then started rummaging around inside it with the tip of the blade. After that, I gave it a little squeeze and this little rock-hard piece of something came out. Mom said it was an ingrown hair that formed into a hard ball (about the size of a ballpoint pen tip). It has since gone down to nothing.

Dr. WIZZO suggests you whip out a knife and cut it out.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:19:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:26:21 AM EDT
[#12]
A second brain.

Practice transition drills with it.

JR

You'll be fine. The Doc will explain.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Prolly a fatty tumor.  I have a few in my arms and back.  I had some from my arms removed, but it was pretty pointless, and I wouldnt do it again.

That being said, I'm not a doctor and you might wanna get it checked out, at least for peace of mind.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:45:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ingrown hair?

I had one of those on my leg. I picked and picked at it and it still wouldn't come out.

I finally went and got my knife and cut across the top of the "lump" and then started rummaging around inside it with the tip of the blade. After that, I gave it a little squeeze and this little rock-hard piece of something came out. Mom said it was an ingrown hair that formed into a hard ball (about the size of a ballpoint pen tip). It has since gone down to nothing.

Dr. WIZZO suggests you whip out a knife and cut it out.

WIZZO

Yep, and they hurt like hell. My wife will literally find the hair folicle and rip it out with tweesers. They go away immediately after you yank the hair out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top