Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2006 10:43:05 AM EDT
I recently purchased a machine gun. What is the best way to form an LLC corporation, which the gun can be transferred to? I have a sample articles of organization that I can fill out. On corporations.utah.gov, I see a whole plethora of forms, which one should I use? Has anybody done this same thing? Did you use a lawyer and if so, who was it and what do they charge? Thanks for all your help.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 12:11:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 12:48:54 PM EDT
[#2]
It has not been transferred to me. Since I want to form an LLC, do I need the article of organization or the articles or incorporation? I think I'm going to state the purpose of the business as investments in firearms. Can you give me the link to the exact form I will need to file to incorporate? My understanding is that the fee is something like $52, is this true?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 2:48:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I used www.mycorporationl.com and had them do mine.  After getting the paperwork in the mail from them I saw how simple an Idaho LLC is to set up and would have saved the $100 I paid them to do it for me.  You'll need to know if Utah requires you to publish your LLC or not.  Idaho doesn't which I like, no need to publish in the local paper like some states require.

You'll need to send them the Articles of Incorporation with your Form 4.  I put NFA Firearms collecting as my LLC purpose.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 12:25:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I am going to set-up a revocable living trust instead of an LLC. I have finished the forms for this using Quicken's Willmaker Plus 2006 and just need to get the Declaration of Trust and Certification of Trust signed and notarized. Then I will put the name of the trust on the form 4 and send a notarized copy of the certification of trust over to the ATF. Does anybody know if I still have to send the form 5330.20 (certification of citizenship) along with it if I'm going to put the machine gun I bought under the name of a trust? Thanks for all your help.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am going to set-up a revocable living trust instead of an LLC. I have finished the forms for this using Quicken's Willmaker Plus 2006 and just need to get the Declaration of Trust and Certification of Trust signed and notarized. Then I will put the name of the trust on the form 4 and send a notarized copy of the certification of trust over to the ATF. Does anybody know if I still have to send the form 5330.20 (certification of citizenship) along with it if I'm going to put the machine gun I bought under the name of a trust? Thanks for all your help.

It won't hurt to send it along.  I've heard people getting sign offs without it but what happens with one agent might not fly with another.

Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top