Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 12/11/2005 4:20:25 PM EDT
I want to SBR my AR15.  Has anybody formed a LLC instead of going through the CLEO sign off?
The paper work looks simple enough.  I just fill it out in duplicate and send a check for $100 right?  Do I need a seperate checking account?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 4:37:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Not me.  What part of ID.   I don't think you'll have a CLEO problem in Boise.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Lewiston area.  I was thinking an LLC would get approved quicker since there is no wait for a CLEO sign off or a back ground check.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife and I formed a LLC for her (technically, our) biz.  Was very easy as I recall and we did it ourselves.

Edit to say that yes we did do a seperate checking account. I don't think that was mandatory.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:08:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks. I am palnning to have a small business soon.  I'm looking to do this after the first of the new year.  I imagine mainaining an LLC is pretty simple.  NFA stuff would be an added benifit.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:39:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Its my understanding that a Corp offers more legal protection to your personal assets but its a bit of hassle. Provided you use an accountant any way its not that big a deal. As for an LLC owning NFA< when/if the LLC disolves you need to transfer the weapons to either a 3rd party or yourself, incurring another $200 transfer. If you can get a sign off now thats generally the best route as I understand it.  Looking forward to making a SBS or maybe an SBR  myself this spring. HTH
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top