Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2003 7:58:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:36:14 AM EDT
[#1]
That is terrible that his children didnt show up. He is lucky to have a friend like you at this time. I hope he is able to recover.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:46:07 AM EDT
[#2]
That old coot is so awnry that I'm sure he will be fine!  My thoughts and prayer are sent as well.

My mom is in the hospital and I can't imagine not going down to see her at LEAST every other day if not more!  Where is all the love in the world?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Bob is definitely one of the good guys. Keep us posted and let me know if/when he's well enough that he wouldn't mind someone he only met once coming down to visit. I know when I was laid up once I had relatives coming to visit me who never visited me at my home. That kinda torqued me at the time. I know I should have been greatful, but oh well. I'll blame it on the morphine.

My prayers go out for Bob.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Any word on how Big Bob is doing?
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:19:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks.  I'll be waiting for good news.

Did his "family" ever show up?
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:25:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I spent about 2 and a half hours with him today.  He is out of ICU and doing a little better.  I have been up there 5 time and have not seen or heard of his kids visiting but, I guess they have visited at sometime.  He is in pretty good spirits and hope he will be able to start rehab soon.

Glad to hear he is doing better. Hope it's continuous improvement from here on out. Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:28:33 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife is a physical therapist, and has been one for going on 20 years, so if he feels like something in his rehab isn't right or someone's not giving him straight info, or if he just wants a second opinion give him my cell number and he can ask her all the questions he wants.

How is is speech coming along?  If I remember correctly his lower half was immobile and his speech was pretty bad right after he came to.

Thanks for the updates 1 gunrunner
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top