Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 7/19/2008 8:59:20 AM EST
Just wondering about local gun laws and if there are any restrictions on non-lethal SD options, please advise.

Wife is from the Bronx, visiting MIL, the subject is something they aren't familiar with.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:30:31 AM EST
I started answering, but when I got to the third paragraph I remembered we have tacked threads. Check there for the answers.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:16:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By Vinnie:
I started answering, but when I got to the third paragraph I remembered we have tacked threads. Check there for the answers.

from the tacked thread:
Do not bring weapons into the 5 boroughs of NYC if that is your destination.

Thanks, I saw NYS in that thread title and didn't anticipate a special "NYC is teh suxxor guns r bad" paragraph.

Okay, not my town not my rules, but what are other legal options for self-defense? Fox labs, Taser, marshmellow Peeps?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:02:51 PM EST
well if you run into any fat badguys, the peeps should work....

i think just a good OC spray? not sure on taser legality in the boroughs.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:24:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By halloween78:

from the tacked thread:
Do not bring weapons into the 5 boroughs of NYC if that is your destination.

Thanks, I saw NYS in that thread title and didn't anticipate a special "NYC is teh suxxor guns r bad" paragraph.

Okay, not my town not my rules, but what are other legal options for self-defense? Fox labs, Taser, marshmellow Peeps?

I'm pretty sure that's up there too, but the short answer: You can carry pepper spray, BUT it must be bought here from an FFL or phamacist. No go with Tasers/stun guns.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:30:07 AM EST

I'm pretty sure that's up there too, but the short answer: You can carry pepper spray, BUT it must be bought here from an FFL or phamacist. No go with Tasers/stun guns.

Force Spray:

www.selfdefenses.com/forcespray/newyork.html
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:45:06 AM EST
Your best self defense option is common sense.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:32:52 AM EST

Originally Posted By Phil_A_Steen:
Your best self defense option is common sense.

Stay home and load magazines instead?

Thanks guys, the last option is what I guess I'll go with depending on what I find at the Pathmark shopping center near my MIL's house.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:11:34 AM EST

Originally Posted By halloween78:
Wife is from the Bronx, visiting MIL

There is NO protection from a M.I.L.

Sorry,

Bill
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:49:35 AM EST
You can't bring it in from another state?

Oh wait, I forgot, the concentration of OC tripples and becomes lethal when it senses it's crossed over a border...duh, my fault, sorry guys
Top Top