Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2018 10:24:06 PM EDT
I may have several extended work stays in San Pedro this summer. I would like to take a pistol with me.

Should I expect any shenanigans if I choose to take something that is CA-legal like a Shield 9? Locked case and all. Following all applicable TSA suggestions.

I usually fly in and out of Long Beach airport.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:37:11 PM EDT
The last time I flew back into CA I had no problems.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 10:07:51 AM EDT
You’ll be fine, same as flying anywhere else.

Just make sure when you’re here to follow all the laws in terms of transporting a pistol and don’t carry it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 2:21:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/11/2018 2:22:04 PM EDT by CharlesRyan]
No issues flying into San Diego. Very smooth, only an extra 10-15 minutes total. (didn't ask to open my case or even unzip my luggage when I departed)
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 6:04:15 PM EDT
Flying into California is the same as anywhere else, well except for NYC.

To transport it via motor vehicle it must be unloaded and kept in a locked container, ammunition separate. A locked container does not include a glove box or center console. But it does mean a trunk, assuming you can't access it via the passenger compartment.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 9:03:01 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jeepnik:
Flying into California is the same as anywhere else, well except for NYC.

To transport it via motor vehicle it must be unloaded and kept in a locked container, ammunition separate. A locked container does not include a glove box or center console. But it does mean a trunk, assuming you can't access it via the passenger compartment.
View Quote
A soft case is also a locked container.

The ammo can be stored with the firearm, but not touching it. Anything between the two prevents the two from touching, like foam
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 1:52:17 AM EDT
No mags over ten rounds. No threaded muzzles.
Top Top