Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2005 7:40:49 PM EDT
Im flying out Wednesday.  Can someone reccomend a place local to pickup
a hard case that will pass for air travel?

Preferrably in the East valley.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one you can borrow if you want to come by my house and pick it up.  But I am on I17 and Peroria.  It is the original case my Kimber came in, so it fits full-size 1911s.  Let me know if you'd like to borrow it (yes, it is lockable).
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#2]
A Pelican case  will work.  You can find them at most dive shops and REI.  I would call first to see if they have the size you need.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the offer to borrow a case.  Im going to be pressed for time tomorrow night after work,
so Im hoping to pick one up on my lunch hour tomorrow.   REI is pretty close to work.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:16:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Im flying out Wednesday.  Can someone reccomend a place local to pickup
a hard case that will pass for air travel?

Preferrably in the East valley.

Sportsman's Warehouse....I understand a new one opened in Mesa...North Phoenix store has a great selection @ good prices!  Make sure it's lockable...I use two cases...one for ammo one for da gun!

FYI....TSA (Sky Harbor) has been cracking down on ammo...insisting it be in the original box...not in the mags or hard ammo boxes.  Stay with your bags until they clear TSA...ensure they lock your gun case, and bag...two service revolvers have disappeared in the last 30 days from terminal 4
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:29:31 PM EDT
[#5]
... A cheapy, plastic Doskil is fine.

... Just make sure you put it in a nondescript, locked suitcase after its been declared and inspected.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I've used the $20 fire proof safes from Walmart before. They're heavy, but I think that makes them harder to hide and make off with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top