Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2008 2:46:38 PM EDT
I heard somewhere that Florida offers a non-resident CCW permit.   but I can't find any information about it online.  

anyone know if this is true?

this is all I can find:
licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/apply.html
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I do believe it is true.  I think I looked into it once and found it somewhere.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I applied for mine a while back, it should get here any day

the Florida non-resident permit is good in quite a few states.  Theres a link in the Florida HTF, you can request an application packet and FL will send you one.  You just need a photo, fingerprints, and proof of firearms training (DD214 will work if your former .mil).   The packet they send explains everything in detail.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I posted in their HTF and found it.

what trainging did you take? I am not former mil.

Seth
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Florida does as does Utah. I'm hosting two Utah classes this weekend. Cost for the permit and the class comes in under $180.  www.georgiapacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8411
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#5]
height=8
Quoted:
Florida does as does Utah. I'm hosting two Utah classes this weekend. Cost for the permit and the class comes in under $180.  www.georgiapacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8411

I took DKing's class back in January and thought it was really good.  The material was a bit dry, but the class still managed to be fun.  Most importantly, I can now carry in a lot more states :D
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I attended one of his classes for a group of professionals that needed the permit. Even guys that carry a gun daily for professional reasons learned from the class and enjoyed the time.

I can't express how much fun and informative it was.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#7]
utah doesn't have Wva :(
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Neither does Florida.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:07:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I posted in their HTF and found it.

what trainging did you take? I am not former mil.

Seth

i am former .mil so i used that, also my SC CWP class would have counted.  when you get the packet i think theres a list in it of training courses.  i think theres an NRA safety course that counts
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:02:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I have had a Non-Resident Florida permit for about five years now.  It is nice to have but since it doesn't work in Georgia (If you are a Georgia resident) it is kind of useless unless I travel.

I am going to have to get a Georgia permit as well one of these days when I can get downtown.  

I am not sure if they have changed or not, but the Florida permit to carry kinda looks cheap, and most people think it looks like a Fake ID since it is low quality.  But it does let you carry in more states.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:44:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Dking is right.  Wva only accepts the Fla permit if you are a resident.  they don't accept non-reside \FLA permits.

crap. as if W Va needed another reason to be considered the arm pit of the MidWest.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have had a Non-Resident Florida permit for about five years now.  It is nice to have but since it doesn't work in Georgia (If you are a Georgia resident) it is kind of useless unless I travel.

I am going to have to get a Georgia permit as well one of these days when I can get downtown.  

I am not sure if they have changed or not, but the Florida permit to carry kinda looks cheap, and most people think it looks like a Fake ID since it is low quality.  But it does let you carry in more states.

We can debate whether that reading of the statute violates substantive due process and the equal protection clauses when I'm not feeling so stressed out. There are a lot of laws on Georgia's books that cannot be applied the way they are written.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top