Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/16/2020 9:48:49 PM
Posted: 10/8/2007 6:01:55 AM EST
Does anyone know of an approved Florida non-resident CHL course in the Fort Knox/Louisville Area? I'm military and move constantly so my wife and I can't keep up with redoing our resident CHLs every 2-3 years. I'm thinking this would be the best way to go.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:36:52 PM EST
I will call the KY CCDW admin tomorrow and see if a KY CCDW isntrcutor can teach the FLorida approved class. I will post here when I find out.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:14:35 AM EST
Thanks. I went to a range yesterday and asked that question, you would have thought I asked it in Latin by the look I got.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:28:23 PM EST
What range did you ask at by chance? I called and left a message and will try again tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:33:57 PM EST
I asked at Blue Grass Range in Louisville. The guy behind the desk went and got the main guy who who handles the classes, but he also didn't have the answer. I could tell no one had asked that question before as even a LEO who was there shooting had never heard of such a thing.

I did go ahead and break-in the new M&P 45. Man, is it a sweet running pistol. The range is good and employees friendly. I will be going back, I just think the question was just out of the normal throught process for them.

Thanks for checking up on it!
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:04:56 PM EST
Another call and another message left. The KY CCDW program is based on the Florida one. I looked through the wording and your best bet would be to contact the FL CCDW department and ask them if the KY CCDW course will suffice for them.

Check that, I did some googling and from what I have found YES a Ky CCDW certification will allow you to get a FL non-resident CCW permit. I am also under the impression that a copy of you dd-214 will also cover the reqs as well. I would call and ask to confirm, but I am pretty sure you are already qualified for a FL CCW permit if you are military. Contact Info

Good Luck!
Top Top