Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 4:26:52 AM EDT
Why was my post regarding Florida legislation sent to the Trash forum? Somebody by the name of RedGoat is the moderator. This was an FYI post and nothing more.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:00:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Because someone alluded to an illicit act(s) that are a violation of the board COC.

Specifically:
3.) Posting or linking to information on how to make illegal modifications to firearms or purchase illegal items.

4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any living person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:01:43 AM EDT
[#2]
lol
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:07:02 AM EDT
[#3]
OK, sounds reasonable. What about the people that might benefit from the information that was in my original post? Seems to me that the offending post can be removed without disrupting the flow of legitimate information.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:34:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Pretty sure only site Staff can 'trash' a thread, maybe one of them can resurrect your original info.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:16:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Because someone alluded to an illicit act(s) that are a violation of the board COC.

Specifically:
3.) Posting or linking to information on how to make illegal modifications to firearms or purchase illegal items.

4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any living person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:29:57 AM EDT
[#6]
It wasn't you, NonCom.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:50:39 AM EDT
[#7]
NonConformist--After a more thourough reading of the original statute, I beleive that you are right that the pending bill is to make sure the Governor CANNOT seize guns during a declared emergency. So regardless of the reason why the original post was trashed, it's good that it was. Didn't mean to cry wolf!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:00:52 AM EDT
[#8]
was it what I posted?

I just said I had the plans to build, not that I condone doing it, and wondered if anyone wanted it. Strictly for educational purposes, for those that dont have the licenses to do so legally.

Didnt mean to get he thread locked. Sorry
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:18:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
NonConformist--After a more thourough reading of the original statute, I beleive that you are right that the pending bill is to make sure the Governor CANNOT seize guns during a declared emergency. So regardless of the reason why the original post was trashed, it's good that it was. Didn't mean to cry wolf!

Dont beat yourself up over it, We like those who are willing to post new info that may have been missed by others.

When Florida was trying to pass the improved Castle Doctrine I got accused of the same, but I was right in the end-

Either way thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Like I said; ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:48:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Like I said; ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!  

Here! Here!

My sentiments EXACTLY
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:24:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:44:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I locked the thread, and sent it to Trash with a note for STAFF to review.

No one who has posted in this thread had anything to do why the thread was locked or removed.

1phantomphixer I apologize, it was my intention to send you an IM so you could repost your original information and by the time I got home from work I had Forgoten.

Steve

So what was the problem? Feel free to IM me
C'mon, I have over 3000 posts
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#14]
My thread asking if anyone in South Florida is selling a used G19 was also deleted and i'm not sure why.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:11:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:11:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Well there ya go.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:46:21 AM EDT
[#18]
SGB: Thanks for your input. It was appreciated.
Ken
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:04:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I locked the thread, and sent it to Trash with a note for STAFF to review.

No one who has posted in this thread had anything to do why the thread was locked or removed.

<snip>
Steve

ooh ooh ooh..
Was it me?  I dont think i said anything worse than 1bmf, but then again I dont recall what i just typed either..  pretty sure I did mention it wasnt smart to discuss such things here tho..

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:03:57 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

So is there a pending bill to prevent the seizure of guns during an emergency? If so could someone post the bill number so I can contact my representitives to urge them to support this?
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:16:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is there a pending bill to prevent the seizure of guns during an emergency? If so could someone post the bill number so I can contact my representitives to urge them to support this?
Thanks

There are a few:

S568     GENERAL BILL by Baker; Posey; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Haridopolos; Wise;
 Alexander  (Identical H 0285, S 0590)

S590     GENERAL BILL by Posey  (Identical H 0285, S 0568)

H285     GENERAL BILL by Needelman; (CO-SPONSORS) Baxley; Clarke; Culp; Harrell;
 Kendrick; Kreegel; Legg; Stansel  (Identical S 0568, S 0590)

Look 'em up here:

S568

S590

H285
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top