Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2008 8:32:08 AM EDT
I looking at picking up some black powder items from them. Any experiences with them? Will be ordering online & wanted to find out since I'm in VA. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 10:42:56 AM EDT
[#1]
FGW has a well earned poor reputation - I'll leave it at that.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Roger that-thanks
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I just did a quick Google search, and man these guys have like 40 rip off reports done on them.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:38:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I did a little research on FGW awhile back.  Their address (did a reverse directory search) was actually a Mail Box Etc. type of place!  No real FGW store.  No real FGW warehouse!  And no real inventory in stock!  All this guy does is take your order/money and then orders the stuff from the same companies or businesses that you or I can order the stuff from directly.  FGW is a ripoff business making a cut off of customers by just ordering and reselling merchandise for even more $$$.
Vic
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:00:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
FGW has a well earned poor reputation - I'll leave it at that.
Agreed.. a buddy in GA ordered something from them.. took months to get it, he could never contact them.... when "it" arrived..."it" was not what he ordered.

after weeks of trying to contact them about it he got an email that basically said tough shit.. keep it.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:44:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually ordered a wasr ak from them years ago. Because I live in Miami, I went there to pick it up. The place had an office on the second floor of a complex, with a desk and a phone. Ups deliveries were stacked in a corner.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 8:28:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I did a little research on FGW awhile back.  Their address (did a reverse directory search) was actually a Mail Box Etc. type of place!  No real FGW store.  No real FGW warehouse!  And no real inventory in stock!  All this guy does is take your order/money and then orders the stuff from the same companies or businesses that you or I can order the stuff from directly.  FGW is a ripoff business making a cut off of customers by just ordering and reselling merchandise for even more $$$.

Vic

I guess now we all know why FGW has much higher prices for everything than any other online C&R specialized site.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top