Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2003 3:38:20 PM EDT
Has anyone dealt with this company before? I'm beginning to get the feeling that I'm getting the run around from them on a parts kit I ordered back in June. Originally they said they were a week behind on internet orders (no big deal) so I expected to get it the week of the 4th. Nope. I emailed them on the 8th and they said it was already on its way to me. Now on the 16th I still don't have it and I'm waiting to hear back from them again.

Is this common practice with this company?
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of them, sorry.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 2:21:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I've heard of them but never bought from them. I visited their web site last week, but it no workee now.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this place located in south florida? If so you might wanna ask around on some of the other gun web sites (Assault web, Fal Files, subguns.com, Sturmgewehr) cause I've seen some post in the past from some very disgruntled folks about this place.......  
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Now they said it will be here in 5-7 days. Funny, I thought it was on its way 10 days ago! I forsee myself getting a refund if it's not here by Tuesday.

I think they're located in Miami. I've seen them at gun shows before and browsed their webpage several times and this was the first and last time they'll be getting my money.

Let it be a fair warning to consumers out there, don't do business with these guys. They wouldn't even give me a tracking number on the package - because they hadn't yet shipped it like they claimed they did.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:38:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Never done business with these folks cau their prices are too high. The last time I looked at the web site they didn't even have a 800 number...Duh! They just didn't look too legit to me..
Please, somebody prove me wrong.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Well at last communication with these people I was asked to wait 5-7 days and if my parts kit did not arrive at my door by then to contact them back. Here we are, exactly 7 BUSINESS days later (and 35 days since the order was placed) and guess what never showed up. Funny how that works, considering they told me it shipped twice on two separate days weeks ago.

I've demanded a refund and I'm so fed up with it that I'm returning the receiver to my local and very trustworthy dealer and not bothering with the build anymore, just pisses me off to look at it.

ADVICE FOR EVERYONE: DO NOT DEAL WITH FLORIDA GUN WORKS!
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you ever been to their storefront? Perhaps some facetime would serve them and you better.
Turnpike to SW 88 St (Kendall Drive). East to Mills Drive, then turn left. It is located in Town and Country Mall. The exact address is on the website. Go there and take a look. When you see the Jose's that work there, your facial expression will clue them in as to who you are.
Take your reciept! Sounds like you've gotten screwed! I'm gonna go check it out on Saturday morning, the suspense is killing me!
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:05:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Interestingly enough I just got a UPS tracking number saying my shit will be here Monday. Can't wait to see if I get what I paid for...
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I finally got the merchandise I ordered back in June. It was all there and my only complaint about it was the fact that I paid a $15 handpick fee and the three pieces of the stock do not match at all. Whatever, I'll live with it and refinish it myself because I don't want to deal with them again on any level and have to wait god knows how long to get replacements.

Final conclusion: Not a good company to do business with.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 12:13:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I wrote an article for my e-zine regarding the entire ordeal, which explains the story in a bit more detail and also explains what I thought about other aspects of their business...

www.thebodyshot.com/articles/0308/flgunworks.shtml
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 11:42:55 PM EDT
[#11]
lordweji,

I bought a FAL kit from them sometime ago.  I will absolutely never buy anything there again!  They suck.  The "really nice" FAL kit I ordered looked like it'd been run over by a tank.  I also experienced repeated delays in shipping.  To top it all off when they sent me my FAL kit, about 3" of the barrel was hanging out of the box.  You should have seen the look the UPS guy gave me as he handed me the box.

rssc
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 3:34:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I would say that it's good to hear that I wasn't the only one, but it's a shame to see that other people had to put up with that shit too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top