Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2017 6:47:34 PM EDT
Back in December and January I applied for the CRC back in December and January. Didn't hear a single word from anyone.   

Every twenty years the State has a Constitution Revision Commission that completely fucks with our State Constitution. Last go around we got the stupid bullshit about Mandatory Waiting Periods for Gun Purchases.    

The GOP lately has not been a friend to FL Gun Owners.    

Anyways..... think of this as a Article V Convention on the State Level.... EVERY TWENTY YEARS.   

Florida Constitution Revision Commission   

37 Members appointed by the Governor, Supreme Court, and Speaker of the House  will be appointed within 30 days after the 2017 Legislative Session ends. The commission, however, is unique because it provides an opportunity for citizens to have a direct voice in the periodic review and revision of our state’s Constitution. No other state provides this type of mechanism.   

So we're going to have 37 political handpicked appointees by the Governor, the Speaker of the House, and the State Supreme Court rewrite our State Constitution. These committee members will be open to a lot of PACs and Lobbyists.   

NRA BETTER FUCKING STEP UP TO THE PLATE!  

The Supreme Court worries me since they just ruled that the ban on Open Carry is Constitutional.    

I have some faith in Richard Corcoran since he said the following: ""I support it all," Corcoran said, according to the News Service of Florida. "Until someone can show me one stinking fact, statistic that says this is worse than the current situation, I absolutely am supportive of it." He's also fighting against Gov. Scott's Corporate Welfare Plans.    

I have no faith in Governor Rick "Skeletor" Scott. I know his choices will be political lackeys and nothing more.    

In the end.... hold on to your butts folks. 
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:03:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Any word on who the appointees will be? This state is reminding me a lot of the circus in Colorado.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:48:38 AM EDT
[#2]
It is worse, it has become a haven for every bit of scum from New York and New Jersey and every other Northern liberal havens, the only hope Florida has is from northern central Florida and  up thru panhandle, but that will be gone in several years, we will be California within 10 years, as a resident from a family here since the middle 1800s it is a sad sicking thing to watch since 1965 when Governor Hayden Burns along with Walt and Roy Disney announced at the old Cherry Plaza Hotel in downtown Orlando that the communist scum brothers were about to open a 29,000 acre theme park here, standing there with friends we knew the state was gone, by the early 70s the scum started to come in like locus. The beginning of the end we went from 5.5 million people to what we have now 21 million.

Now we should know the RINOs see the hand writing is on the wall and they are not going to jeopardize their Political careers for guns, which will be taboo Here within 10 years.

To be fair you have the right to Carry in Florida, with no Registration of weapons, your 2nd amendment rights are intact, as for

Campus Carry- Tragedy  waiting to happen, by people that have no experience in the world, weigh Benefits to Risks
Airport Carry- Tragedy waiting to happen, weigh Benefits to Risks (percentages)
School Zone Carry- Ultimate Tragedy waiting to happen

As per Open Carry this state will Never allow it, we are the number 1 tourist destination, and do not want their families dealing with people walking around with open weapons, they did not pay for that. The person pushing for these additional items has to no avail been successful over the last Several years of attempts, as a matter of fact you are the reason things are getting worse.

Be happy with what you have, if you keep pushing you will have less, sooner than later, and you can take that to the bank.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:44:33 PM EDT
[#3]
The CRC doesn't unilaterally rewrite the Constitution. It has power to propose amendments which go directly to the ballot, but they don't take effect unless ratified by 60% of the voters.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is worse, it has become a haven for every bit of scum from New York and New Jersey and every other Northern liberal havens, the only hope Florida has is from northern central Florida and  up thru panhandle, but that will be gone in several years, we will be California within 10 years, as a resident from a family here since the middle 1800s it is a sad sicking thing to watch since 1965 when Governor Hayden Burns along with Walt and Roy Disney announced at the old Cherry Plaza Hotel in downtown Orlando that the communist scum brothers were about to open a 29,000 acre theme park here, standing there with friends we knew the state was gone, by the early 70s the scum started to come in like locus. The beginning of the end we went from 5.5 million people to what we have now 21 million.

Now we should know the RINOs see the hand writing is on the wall and they are not going to jeopardize their Political careers for guns, which will be taboo Here within 10 years.

To be fair you have the right to Carry in Florida, with no Registration of weapons, your 2nd amendment rights are intact, as for

Campus Carry- Tragedy  waiting to happen, by people that have no experience in the world, weigh Benefits to Risks

As per Open Carry this state will Never allow it, we are the number 1 tourist destination, and do not want their families dealing with people walking around with open weapons, they did not pay for that. The person pushing for these additional items has to no avail been successful over the last Several years of attempts, as a matter of fact you are the reason things are getting worse.

Be happy with what you have, if you keep pushing you will have less, sooner than later, and you can take that to the bank.
View Quote

I've sat and watched these recent threads and have remained silent... I can't help but chime in on this one... you are 100% correct in my, worthless to some folks, opinion.

I was born and I grew up in north Florida and I'm 55 now. Long gone is the state I loved so dearly. After 20 years in the Army I returned. During my military service I watched Tallahassee become the over-crowded, liberal-run, fucked up place that it is today.

Places I used to hunt, fish, and camp are now neighborhoods. I used to drive from Leon HS to Godby HS and pu my girlfriend, eat lunch, and just barely beat the class bell. Gone are the days of exploring the woods off Tram Road. Gone are the days of camping on the Florida River and not seeing anyone for several days. I used to hunt dove at the end of Henderson Road which is now a low-income housing project, or at least it was last I knew. When I-10 came through, my dad said "not good"... I realized later in life what he meant. ETA- I'm not against the growth itself, just the fact the place exploded in population over the years like most places in FL. Where I'm at now is starting to see the encroachment, where I'm at workwise has avoided it for a while except The Villages area.

OP... thanks for caring and thanks for spending your time being a pain in the ass to those who don't think like you do. But as someone who gives firearms classes to a wide variety of individuals from all walks of life, you need to realize not all gun owners think alike on the topics you've addressed. Many I've talked to don't approve of open carry or campus carry... the NRA is full of those type people as well.

Me... I could give two-shits less about open carry but would not mind one bit if it passed. Campus and school carry is a difficult issue ONLY in that it will result in complete dip-shits being armed. Like you, I work in LE and you and I both have encountered many lawfully armed people that made us go .... ... and that is an undisputed fact.

I wish it were so that people had complete unrestricted access and use of firearms at birth... and as one lives their life, based on their actions, their rights are adjusted accordingly... you know, "shall not be infringed" type shit. In other words, OP, you and I could open carry anywhere and everywhere, have machine guns, silencers, etc., and NEVER be a problem to society. But you and I, and many others on this site are not proof that all citizens can act accordingly.  

Me... I have about 20 good years left god willing... I'm going to keep on enjoying what I have. If it gets worse, I'll leave LE and hide my stuff... or, dare I say it, move out of state.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I get what you're saying about asshats but freedom trumps my personal views. I personally am against the Fatty & Snowboot Tactical Timmy. But just like the #NeverTrunper Leftist Antifa Scum. We have a 1st Amendment and a 2nd Amendment. Both are valuablely important to our society and I will defend both. The commie pinkos have a right to speak and protest. Fatty & Snowboots should have the right to open carry and make a fool of themselves with their XDs in Uncle Mike's holsters.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:11:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I get what you're saying about asshats but freedom trumps my personal views. I personally am against the Fatty & Snowboot Tactical Timmy. But just like the #NeverTrunper Leftist Antifa Scum. We have a 1st Amendment and a 2nd Amendment. Both are valuablely important to our society and I will defend both. The commie pinkos have a right to speak and protest. Fatty & Snowboots should have the right to open carry and make a fool of themselves with their XDs in Uncle Mike's holsters.
View Quote

That is ACLU bullshit, there are "Extremes" to both the 1st amendment, civil and moral unrest and 2nd amendment, death to innocent civilians caught in a cross fire at a School, Campus or Airport,by an inexperience idiot carrying a gun.  That over zealous emotional attitude is what has destroyed our state.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:06:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That is ACLU bullshit, there are "Extremes" to both the 1st amendment, civil and moral unrest and 2nd amendment, death to innocent civilians caught in a cross fire at a School, Campus or Airport,by an inexperience idiot carrying a gun.  That over zealous emotional attitude is what has destroyed our state.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reading comprehension....

I said the asshat extreme have the right to be asshat extremes. Both the Fatty & Snowboot types and the #NeverTrump Antifa Protesters. Both have the right to the 1st and 2nd Amendment equally. My personal opinions don't matter. Constitutional rights do.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#8]
All the defeatist nonsense and anti gun rights "blood in the streets"  talking points I've seen here notwithstanding; freedom minded folks need to keep up the pressure on the Republican party and never give up the fight to ensure that all of  our innate 2nd amendment rights are recognized here in Florida as they are in almost every other state in the country.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:37:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I as a registered Republican and a supporter of the 2nd amendment since the 1950s and responsible gun owner along with the majority of Florida gun owners would like to Thank You Republicans for defeating these ludicrous gun bills that would be detrimental to not only gun owners in the future but to all the people of the state. We thank You for supporting our 2nd amendment rights which are some of  the best in this country. Continue supporting  the right to bear arms but also defeat these extremest bills put forth by a minority of gun owners and do not be intimidated by the NRA, responsible gun owners know who to vote for and do not need the NRA to tell us. The majority of gun owners are behind you as are the people of our state.

Vice Chair: Senator Lizbeth Benacquisto (R)
Senator Anitere Flores (R)
Senator Rene Garcia (R)
Senator Debbie Mayfield (R)

Link Posted: 3/13/2017 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I as a registered Republican and a supporter of the 2nd amendment since the 1950s and responsible gun owner along with the majority of Florida gun owners would like to Thank You Republicans for defeating these ludicrous gun bills that would be detrimental to not only gun owners in the future but to all the people of the state. We thank You for supporting our 2nd amendment rights which are some of  the best in this country. Continue supporting  the right to bear arms but also defeat these extremest bills put forth by a minority of gun owners and do not be intimidated by the NRA, responsible gun owners know who to vote for and do not need the NRA to tell us. The majority of gun owners are behind you as are the people of our state.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/13/2017 7:41:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks like we've got at least one Brady Campaign/Bloomberg type anti- gun mole in here
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:30:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Senator Rene Garcia (R)

View Quote

you.

What the hell part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:48:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I as a registered RINO and a supporter of the 2nd amendment since the 1950s and responsible gun owner along with the majority of Florida gun owners would like to Thank You Republicans for defeating these ludicrous gun bills that would be detrimental to not only gun owners in the future but to all the people of the state. We thank You for supporting our 2nd amendment rights which are some of  the best in this country. Continue supporting  the right to bear arms but also defeat these extremest bills put forth by a minority of gun owners and do not be intimidated by the NRA, responsible gun owners know who to vote for and do not need the NRA to tell us. The majority of gun owners are behind you as are the people of our state.

Senator Rene Garcia (R)

View Quote

As a Florida native (born in Mami) who lived in Cuba up until the revolution (1960, my dad (Cuban) was captured by Raul.....), long time registered Republican and staunch Constitutional conservative, diehard supporter of the 2nd Amendment since the 1950s, and extremely responsible gn owner, I know a metric shitload of gun owners all around the state.......none would agree with you nor the you are spewing.  Some of them are even northern transplants.............
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:53:17 AM EDT
[#15]
IIRC he's  trolled us here with Brady Campaign/Bloomberg  type anti gun propaganda before.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
IIRC he's  trolled us here with Brady Campaign/Bloomberg  type anti gun propaganda before.
View Quote

Let start with 1 of your post to thread, 4th one down

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_10/543756_FL_concealed_carry_law__carrying_in_medical_clinics_that_are_posted_against_carry.html

Let me also post, try to read carefully

https://orlandocriminallawyer.blogspot.com/2015/10/floridas-open-carry-of-firearms-weapons.html

For you people who cannot read

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIcQ_18MbpE

TO QUOTE YOU
When it comes to these matters I give great weight to what Jon Gutmacher ESQ. has to say

I am also a fan of Jon H. Gutmacher for 40 years, seems like me and him have the same views on open carry, and I can guarantee you he is not a Brady Campaign/Bloomberg  type anti gun person, unless he has changed in the last 33 days, beside being Florida renowned gun lawyer now retired, writer of Florida gun Bible, NRA Certified Firearms Instructor, he is a strong advocate for the 2nd amendment.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:14:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Let start with 1 of your post to thread, 4th one down

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_10/543756_FL_concealed_carry_law__carrying_in_medical_clinics_that_are_posted_against_carry.html

Let me also post, try to read carefully

https://orlandocriminallawyer.blogspot.com/2015/10/floridas-open-carry-of-firearms-weapons.html

For you people who cannot read

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIcQ_18MbpE

TO QUOTE YOU
When it comes to these matters I give great weight to what Jon Gutmacher ESQ. has to say

I am also a fan of Jon H. Gutmacher for 40 years, seems like me and him have the same views on open carry, and I can guarantee you he is not a Brady Campaign/Bloomberg  type anti gun person, unless he has changed in the last 33 days, beside being Florida renowned gun lawyer now retired, writer of Florida gun Bible, NRA Certified Firearms Instructor, he is a strong advocate for the 2nd amendment.
View Quote

Thanks for quoting me out of context to attempt to validate  your own  anti 2nd amendment talking points.

You seem to be overly invested in preventing Floridians from enjoying the same rights as those Americans who reside in almost every other state in the country.

States where despite their more appropriate gun rights,  blood doesn't flow in the streets and, in fact, the exercise of those rights has proven to have presented absolutely no public safety issues of any kind.

It's not only open carry you oppose; since by your own word, and by your use of Bloomberg type scare tactics talking points, you oppose any and all of the  proposed expansions of our gun rights here in Florida; each and every one.

"Campus Carry- Tragedy  waiting to happen, by people that have no experience in the world, weigh Benefits to Risks

As per Open Carry this state will Never allow it, we are the number 1 tourist destination, and do not want their families dealing with people walking around with open weapons, they did not pay for that. The person pushing for these additional items has to no avail been successful over the last Several years of attempts, as a matter of fact you are the reason things are getting worse."

You're clearly on the other side and speak on the behalf of  the theme park and tourist industries.

The side of the gun grabber's and their paid mouthpieces.

And the side of elected officials who have sold us out year after year.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:30:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Every time I am on a plane to SHOT SHOW I will repeat that I am on the side  of the gun grabber's and their paid mouthpieces, I will also inform all the manufacturer vendors that I have had a close relationship with for many years and have a good laugh, I am a business person and will speak out for business owners in the state that have concerns on certain issues, gun related or not, just as you are an attorney that makes money off the misery of others. Your 2nd amendment right have not been infringed here in Florida, go out and get yourself a Barrett M107A1 50 BMG, or a fully auto pre 86 , if you have the funds, or any other weapon, more power to you, wish all the best , there are a few very good Class III FFL / 07 SOT here.

My main concern is for the welfare of Florida for which me and Jon Gutmacher are on the same page with pertaining to open carry being detrimental to the States interests. The other three issues are a non issue, extras that there is no need for other than saying we have them.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:24:00 AM EDT
[#19]
You're obviously proud of your views, so please share with us your business name.  I assume it's in the firearm industry so I'm pretty sure everyone here would like to know.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:33:44 AM EDT
[#20]
As gun owners we all want generally the same thing... the ability to have and enjoy our firearms (of all kinds)... and to have them available to us at anytime. Just because one person does not feel as strongly about open carry it does not make them anti anything no more than someone strongly desiring open carry is a fanatic.

In fact, the perception some people give with the intensity they exhibit while pursuing a specific passion (concerning any topic) is what either wins over or pushes away another's ability to have an open mind and consider opposing viewpoints. I got news for people, you show up outside my office demanding to see me late in the afternoon, your ass will be sorely disappointed.

Miami_JBT (OP) has strong feelings about certain issues... that's fine, I support his end-game... but I think he would have been better off trying to schedule an appointment with either the Sen. or one of her representatives and conducted a well planned professional presentation perhaps with guest speakers who are SME's in the field of crime and gun statistics. Maybe a guest from another state to testify that their open carry policies have not been detrimental to public safety. Anything other than just walking in the door demanding face time.

Fuck... as gun owners we bash the shit out of each other... I'm guilty at times too... so how are we supposed to be taken seriously by those we are trying to influence? Calling out people and posting a bunch of memes is sure to win people over... calling out the NRA is sure to win people over. Like I said, the sad fact is there is a wide disparity of opinions among gun owners on the matters at hand such as Open Carry, Campus Carry, etc. It's a fact so some need to get over it and quit trying to label people who don't agree.

As for those who keep spouting off about rights, Amendments, and "shall not be infringed" need to go take a legal class... rights have limits, always have, always will. Those limitations will ebb and flow with time. I posted for 16 years on this site about LE and guns/rights... no one can call me anti anything... but I don't share some folk's STRONG desire for Open Carry nor would I vote against it... so there's that...
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:43:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You're obviously proud of your views, so please share with us your business name.  I assume it's in the firearm industry so I'm pretty sure everyone here would like to know.
View Quote

Probably just some part time CCW Instructor; there are more than a few of those "profeshunals" around that share his views regarding limiting gun rights.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:12:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
As gun owners we all want generally the same thing... the ability to have and enjoy our firearms (of all kinds)... and to have them available to us at anytime. Just because one person does not feel as strongly about open carry it does not make them anti anything no more than someone strongly desiring open carry is a fanatic.

In fact, the perception some people give with the intensity they exhibit while pursuing a specific passion (concerning any topic) is what either wins over or pushes away another's ability to have an open mind and consider opposing viewpoints. I got news for people, you show up outside my office demanding to see me late in the afternoon, your ass will be sorely disappointed.

Miami_JBT (OP) has strong feelings about certain issues... that's fine, I support his end-game... but I think he would have been better off trying to schedule an appointment with either the Sen. or one of her representatives and conducted a well planned professional presentation perhaps with guest speakers who are SME's in the field of crime and gun statistics. Maybe a guest from another state to testify that their open carry policies have not been detrimental to public safety. Anything other than just walking in the door demanding face time.

Fuck... as gun owners we bash the shit out of each other... I'm guilty at times too... so how are we supposed to be taken seriously by those we are trying to influence? Calling out people and posting a bunch of memes is sure to win people over... calling out the NRA is sure to win people over. Like I said, the sad fact is there is a wide disparity of opinions among gun owners on the matters at hand such as Open Carry, Campus Carry, etc. It's a fact so some need to get over it and quit trying to label people who don't agree.

As for those who keep spouting off about rights, Amendments, and "shall not be infringed" need to go take a legal class... rights have limits, always have, always will. Those limitations will ebb and flow with time. I posted for 16 years on this site about LE and guns/rights... no one can call me anti anything... but I don't share some folk's STRONG desire for Open Carry nor would I vote against it... so there's that...
View Quote
I already did the well planned scheduled presentation to Senator Flores and Senator Garcia. That was on March 7, 2017 in her Bloody Office. Hell, I took an empty holster and actually did a presentation on how easy it is for CCWers to accidentally brandish/expose. I was there to support SB 646. That was another bill that would have reduced the penalty for accidental exposure. I had a gentleman from Texas with our group.

I also explained that the reason we need legit Open Carry legalized is to end the patchwork of laws that don't truly resolve the issue. In 2011, they passed a law that supposedly would end the issue of printing and accidental exposure. Yet we had Dale Lee Norman v State. 

I've played nice with them. Now after the two faced game they played I'm done playing nice. Senator Flores showed her true colors. She's another Miguel Diaz de la Portilla. She has sided with gun grabbers.

She voted yes for a special session for gun control and the very next day sent a letter to the NRA stating that Government has no right to infringe on the 2nd Amendment and she begged them to endorse her.

No

I don't play nice with liars after they've lied repeatedly. 

My actions as a voter aren't like that of a Domestic Violence Victim. 
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:18:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I already did the well planned scheduled presentation to Senator Flores and Senator Garcia. That was on March 7, 2017 in her Bloody Office. Hell, I took an empty holster and actually did a presentation on how easy it is for CCWers to accidentally brandish/expose. I was there to support SB 646. That was another bill that would have reduced the penalty for accidental exposure. I had a gentleman from Texas with our group.

I also explained that the reason we need legit Open Carry legalized is to end the patchwork of laws that don't truly resolve the issue. In 2011, they passed a law that supposedly would end the issue of printing and accidental exposure. Yet we had Dale Lee Norman v State. 

I've played nice with them. Now after the two faced game they played I'm done playing nice. Senator Flores showed her true colors. She's another Miguel Diaz de la Portilla. She has sided with gun grabbers.

She voted yes for a special session for gun control and the very next day sent a letter to the NRA stating that Government has no right to infringe on the 2nd Amendment and she begged them to endorse her.

No

I don't play nice with liars after they've lied repeatedly. 

My actions as a voter aren't like that of a Domestic Violence Victim. 
View Quote

Fair enough... best of luck to you.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:41:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks....

Like I have said. Personally, none of this affects me. I wouldn't Open Carry the majority of the time. I can carry on Campus when I surprise the wife for lunch. I'm covered under LEOSA. Personally, what do I care. I'm good. Even with my CCW I skip waiting periods.

But to me, freedom and expanding it is my goal. I haven't just been at the Capitol for gun rights. I was there for Red Light Cameras and ending Corporate Welfare too. I've seen what truly oppressive governments are and can do. I've lost family to them in my lifetime. 

I will do anything I can, no matter how big or small, to keep that from happening here. Hell, to keep things from even resembling it by a hint.

I HATE WITH A BURNING PASSION leftists. Yet I'll defend their damn right to free speech until I'm dead if I have too. 

Rights have limits.... but the goal of our founding fathers was to ever diminish those limits. We went from owning people who were darker than us to electing one into office as President. I might not have respected Obama or approved of his policies. But I did sit back and say"damn, we are somewhat stepping closer to a color blind society".

Yeah, Obama fucking ruined that. 

Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

you.

What the hell part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
View Quote

Pretty goddamn clear, he doesn't understand it at all!
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:58:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Outstanding comments defending freedom, liberty and constitutional rights. This is one of the greatest threads I've read in my two years of participating on arfcom.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top