Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2017 3:12:26 PM EDT
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170308/florida-report-sen-anitere-flores-turns-on-law-abiding-gun-owners
However, when SB-616, the first of the two bills came up, committee member Sen. Anitere Flores conducted questioning of the Chairman and bill sponsor, Greg Steube, and then made her anti-gun statement declaring her intentions regarding pro-gun bills.
View Quote

As I, and others have opined, it is the GOP Senate in Florida that is killing gun rights in the State.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I've been covering it live.

Sending this by certified mail with signature requirement and will also hand deliver one.

Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:00:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks good. I doubt you will get a response, just being a serf to the ruling class. Typo top of page 3, know should be now.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks good. I doubt you will get a response, just being a serf to the ruling class. Typo top of page 3, know should be now.
View Quote
Yeah, I caught the typos after the pictures. 
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:25:20 PM EDT
[#4]
very sad that the GOP does not work for the people

and also very disappointed in the NRA
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:14:59 AM EDT
[#5]
The NRA has been screwing gun owners for many years.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:19:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
very sad that the GOP does not work for the people

and also very disappointed in the NRA
View Quote
Which is why I'm gonna run for the board in 2018.

2018 NRA Board nominations. Yes. We need to start now!
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:09:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Good luck, But I doubt you will make a difference in the political environment here.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:20:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm in this to win..... if I get to the NRA Board. I will make it my mission to have the 800lbs Beast set free from it's cage. The NRA needs to change the way it endorses and rates candidates.

With Senator Flores for example.

I plan on holding her more than accountable. In her interview with Tia Reports she evn spouted some bull about social media and people takint things out of proportion. Well Ms. Flores..... the evidence speaks for itself.

I also did a record's request to the Senate and Secretary of the State.

View Quote
Dear Mr. Miami_JBT: 

The Office of the Senate Secretary received your public records request dated March 10, 2017, for the following: ·         

In late June to early July of 2016, a special session was attempted to be called in regards to the Pulse Nightclub Terror Attack and the special session would have tackled gun control and the FBI Terror Watch List and banning Floridians from being able to purchase guns if they are on the list. I am requesting a copy of any letters and votes Senator Flores sent to the Secretary of State Ken Detzner and Senate President Andy Gardiner or any other people regarding this special session. 

A response to this request will be given in a reasonable amount of time.  Should this request result in an extensive use of Senate information technology resources, clerical or supervisory assistance, an extensive use fee estimate will be provided for approval prior to processing the request. 

The Senate provides this response pursuant to Article 1, Section 24 of the Florida Constitution, section 11.0431, Florida Statutes, and Senate Rule 1.48.  Under Article 1, Section 24(c) of the Florida Constitution, each house of the Legislature is exclusively authorized to adopt rules governing the enforcement of the maintenance, control and disposition of public records with respect to their own public records.  

The Office of the Senate Secretary will be in contact should any additional information be needed.  Otherwise, a notification will be sent once the records are ready for release. 

Sincerely, 

Tessa Wagoner
Public Records Coordinator
Florida Senate
(850) 487-5237
[email protected]
View Quote

I want to see what she wrote to the Democrats when she voted yes for a special session for gun control. It was the day before she begged the NRA for an endorsement and support.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:28:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:19:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Screw running for the NRA Board, run against her!!!
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:07:36 AM EDT
[#11]
She's term limited and I live in Tallahassee now, not Miami. Plus she's gonna run for Miami Mayor.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:09:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Screw running for the NRA Board, run against her!!!
View Quote
Also this is no longer about Florida. This is about the whole country. The NRA is a beast sitting in a cage. We need to unleash the beast. I want to do that. Nolo wants to do that. Supermoose wants to do that.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:09:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Call the Senate President Joe Negron and tell him you'll support Democrats next year.  
404 S. Monroe Street   
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1100  
Phone: (850) 487-5229

Do the same with the Senate Majority Leader Wilton Simpson   
404 S. Monroe Street  
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1100
Phone: (850) 487-5184  
Fax: (850) 487-5842 
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Is it just me or was that letter she sent to Marion Hammer about the survey just a longwinded, lazy excuse for not filling it out?  To me it reads as if she couldn't be bothered with completing the survey but didn't want to ignore the inquiry and possibly face negative publicity for doing so.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:29:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is it just me or was that letter she sent to Marion Hammer about the survey just a longwinded, lazy excuse for not filling it out?  To me it reads as if she couldn't be bothered with completing the survey but didn't want to ignore the inquiry and possibly face negative publicity for doing so.
View Quote
It is bullshit but it is worse since she actually signed it. In the end, she did it the day after she joined Democrats to call for a Special Session on Gun Control.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It is bullshit but it is worse since she actually signed it. In the end, she did it the day after she joined Democrats to call for a Special Session on Gun Control.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
<strong>Quoted:</strong>

I see, one of those "If I answer this I'm fucked, so let's just be really vague about my stance" deals.  By the way, thanks for everything you do- I've been around here for years but do far more reading than posting and I've noticed you're very active with "the cause" and I appreciate that.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#17]
"The Cause" for me is freedom. None of this really affects me. I'm covered under LEOSA, I can carry on Campus when I visit the wife, etc....

But the reason why I do it is simple. My family came to this country as political refugees fleeing communist despotism. The freedoms and liberties in this country made us who we are today. I will fight for freedom and liberty until the day I die. Sometimes I burn out, sometimes I want to pull m6h hair, sometimes I want to quit. But then I remember the men and women of this great nation that didn't quit in places like Athens, Tennessee when they fought corruption  i remember the men that struggled through winter in Valley Forge. I remember the brave Patriots in the Civil Rights movement fighting for true equality. 

I seriously get teary-eyed when I say these things. Freedom is not free and I thank those that came before me that fought for the freedom I have today. Many if them are nameless and if historydoesn't record my name I'm fine with that.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:17:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
"The Cause" for me is freedom. None of this really affects me. I'm covered under LEOSA, I can carry on Campus when I visit the wife, etc....

But the reason why I do it is simple. My family came to this country as political refugees fleeing communist despotism. The freedoms and liberties in this country made us who we are today. I will fight for freedom and liberty until the day I die. Sometimes I burn out, sometimes I want to pull m6h hair, sometimes I want to quit. But then I remember the men and women of this great nation that didn't quit in places like Athens, Tennessee when they fought corruption  i remember the men that struggled through winter in Valley Forge. I remember the brave Patriots in the Civil Rights movement fighting for true equality. 

I seriously get teary-eyed when I say these things. Freedom is not free and I thank those that came before me that fought for the freedom I have today. Many if them are nameless and if historydoesn't record my name I'm fine with that.
View Quote

As a Benefactor Member of the NRA you will certainly have my support and my vote.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:18:00 PM EDT
[#19]

I wish you all the best

thank you for your efforts and hard work on behalves of all of us
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Dinsey and others give way too much money to both sides. OC will never happen, just the way it is. Sadly with all the Democrats and PRicans coming to FL we are gonna be hard pressed to get another rep gov. And we know how a dem gov can fuck shit up for us at a state level.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Dinsey and others give way too much money to both sides. OC will never happen, just the way it is. Sadly with all the Democrats and PRicans coming to FL we are gonna be hard pressed to get another rep gov. And we know how a dem gov can fuck shit up for us at a state level.
View Quote
I ain't giving up
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Very smart knowledgeable post.

And yes the NRA has been giving to both sides too, just ask the 53 democrats they backed in 2008 and 52 of them once elected became the most anti gun fanatics,  the NRA are Political hacks too.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:24:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Which is why I'm gonna run for the board in 2018.

2018 NRA Board nominations. Yes. We need to start now!
View Quote
How can I help?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top