Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2011 11:18:50 PM EDT
Looking for a gun range near Bismarck. McLean bottoms and the one south of Mandan are both shut-down (last I heard) due to flooding.... Are there any other good public/unsupervised ranges in the area? I've got an itch to go dump some brass, but can't at the moment because my gun range is under water. :

Thanks,
- CK
Link Posted: 6/5/2011 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Go out a couple miles on some gravel road and fire away.
Link Posted: 6/7/2011 8:54:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Some people don't like that. Also, there's no definitive range, and shooting a rifle at 10-15 yards (across a ditch) gets boring fast, and it's kind of a waste....

- CK
Link Posted: 6/8/2011 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#3]
It's all what you make it. I'm pretty sure you could have a good spot out in the middle of nowhere on a section line/min mx road in 30 min or less where you could damn near shoot 50 BMG rounds without having to worry.
Link Posted: 6/8/2011 8:04:48 PM EDT
[#4]
there is a range just east of wilton that goes to 150 yards in the old mine , it has 4 concrete benches

eta: its 1 mile north of highway 36 and its between 26 and 41st st, it has a red wood sign that says its a wildlife area, follow the road to the end
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd go but I have no idea where anything is in this town. Bismarck is nice, but i literally had to ask the Scheel's guncounter manager where to shoot. and he sent me to Maclean Bottoms. which is decent bythe way.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#6]
McLean bottoms was a very nice range. Sadly, it's underwater. :(
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top