Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2012 2:12:06 PM EDT
I just came from Fleet Farm here in Wausau and they have added 2 more pistol cases. (from 2 to 4 sections now)
There was even a spot  labled DRACO  7.62X39 pistol for $499
The holster selection was pretty big too.

30 rd ar15 mags are on sale for $8.99 this week
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just came from Fleet Farm here in Wausau and they have added 2 more pistol cases. (from 2 to 4 sections now)

Not a single Fleet Farm in WI has them in stock yet.  The warehouse is waiting on the shipment from Century.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 3:10:14 PM EDT
[#2]
not bad price ... im sorta awaiting them to have the underfolder wasr for $449 again ... or cheaper ..

a draco on sale would probably be like $469 then (usually $30 off when they go on sale here atleast)

ive heard some of them carried AK74s too, the polish tantals.. but havent seen them here yet .. wonder if milwaukee area will get any of that good stufF??!?!
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 3:13:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I went to my local FF yesterday to pick up some stuff and hoping to see if they carried the M&P Shield. No such luck.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Over at the Manitowoc FF, they did the exact same. The gun counter has been busy every time I've stopped in. Ammo flying off the shelves according to my kids buddy who works there in Sporting Goods. I feel the rush is upon us.

Link Posted: 4/26/2012 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I feel the rush is upon us.

I'm just happy that fleet farm is happy to feed us junkies. The "no handguns" and "handgun ammo behind glass, then in a stapled baggie" was f-ing nuts.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I wish they would build a Fleet Farm around Madison, or at least the Baraboo/Sauk City area.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Germantown told me they were getting more counter space as well.  Haven't checked recently.

Link Posted: 4/26/2012 7:45:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just happy that fleet farm is happy to feed us junkies. The "no handguns" and "handgun ammo behind glass, then in a stapled baggie" was f-ing nuts.

Moving the pistol ammo out where people can get it has obviously worked well for them, now all they have to do is get some in stock, was at 4 Fleet Farms yesterday looking for hornady critical defense 9mm and none had it in stock and they all had very little defensive carry ammo in any calibers.
Link Posted: 4/26/2012 8:56:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Moving the pistol ammo out where people can get it has obviously worked well for them, now all they have to do is get some in stock, was at 4 Fleet Farms yesterday looking for hornady critical defense 9mm and none had it in stock and they all had very little defensive carry ammo in any calibers.

...and it's only going to get worse.

Link Posted: 4/27/2012 5:02:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wish they would build a Fleet Farm around Madison, or at least the Baraboo/Sauk City area.

Yep.  I have to make special pilgrimages to Beaver Dam to get some Fleet Farm goodness.
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 5:17:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Pretty sure Point and Waupaca have it in stock....I was at Point yesterday looking for .45. I can check on my lunch break if you'd like (few miles down the road from the office)
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 5:21:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  I have to make special pilgrimages to Beaver Dam to get some Fleet Farm goodness.

I have to make pilgrimages too.... 65 miles to Antigo. Which means I won't be buying any handguns from FF, until the 48 hr crap has been deleted from the law. 2 trips equals 260 miles of round-trip driving. That's 5 hours of my time, and with $4.00 per gallon for gas? No thanks.
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 5:32:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to make pilgrimages too.... 65 miles to Antigo. Which means I won't be buying any handguns from FF, until the 48 hr crap has been deleted from the law. 2 trips equals 260 miles of round-trip driving. That's 5 hours of my time, and with $4.00 per gallon for gas? No thanks.

Meh....small price to pay, unless you've got someone local.

I used to drive 6 hours round trip for NFA transfers.
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 5:57:05 AM EDT
[#14]
A buddy of mine picked up a couple of cases of M193 when they were on sale for $300.
He got a raincheck for 4 more cases.

It came back in stock a couple of weeks ago and they wouldn't honor the raincheck for the sale price.
Why even issue a raincheck?
They upped their price by $30, so it would have cost him $120 more for the 4 cases.

The manager said $300 was not the sale price so they would not take the raincheck.
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 5:57:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey Nam if you get a chance please do check in point for the ammo.
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 6:05:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Will do! Will probably also hit up Waupaca over the weekend (I never plan to, but something always comes up)
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 6:53:41 AM EDT
[#17]
With the 48 hour wait, and cost of gas and your time, you might as well be buying from your local gander if you have to make a special trip to a dealer.
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 8:29:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It looks like they may be removing that label.  Century has advised Fleet Farm that they are unable to fill the order. There is no word if they will ever be able to do so.

Link Posted: 4/27/2012 8:39:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looks like they may be removing that label.  Century has advised Fleet Farm that they are unable to fill the order. There is no word if they will ever be able to do so.

It's century... so.... no loss.
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It's century... so.... no loss.

The issue is that there are no other sources for it so far as I can tell.  Same goes for the C93/C39 pistols

Link Posted: 4/27/2012 10:55:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh....small price to pay, unless you've got someone local.

I used to drive 6 hours round trip for NFA transfers.

Yup... got several local choices. Good prices, too, at the one I've been dealing with (as low, or lower than FF's "sale" prices), so it's really a non-issue for me. Bought my Kahr CM9 there, and a NIB Ruger Blackhawk also. But, being a "mom & pop" type store, he sometimes can't even get guns that bigger, high-volume, chain stores can. For example, I've been waiting for a Ruger SR22 pistol for 3 months. He's had 10 ordered since early Feb., but when the distributors get some, they all go to the "big guys".

With my luck he'll get some next week, and now I don't have the cash.... I sat on the money for 4 months, then got tired of waiting and spent it last week on a good deal on a used shotgun I came across (Browning BPS 12ga Waterfowl, in full factory Mossy Oak Shadow Grass camo... appears unfired).  

Link Posted: 4/27/2012 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will do! Will probably also hit up Waupaca over the weekend (I never plan to, but something always comes up)

No Critical defense. Shelf was empty.

They did have 115 gr Gold Dot for 20.49, Federal 124 gr Hydrashock for 19.99, and 105 Gr Guard Dog for 21.49
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 3:32:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Do any Farm and Fleets carry guns, or just the Fleet Farms, because almost everywhere I go in the state, just coincidentally, I guess, just is near F&F stores only?
I wish F&F would wake up and smell the gun sales/accessories/ammo profits, that they're losing out on to their competition.
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 3:49:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Do any Farm and Fleets carry guns, or just the Fleet Farms, because almost everywhere I go in the state, just coincidentally, I guess, just is near F&F stores only?
I wish F&F would wake up and smell the gun sales/accessories/ammo profits, that they're losing out on to their competition.

Farm and Fleet corporate thinks guns are icky....
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 5:59:47 PM EDT
[#25]

They did have 115 gr Gold Dot for 20.49, Federal 124 gr Hydrashock for 19.99, and 105 Gr Guard Dog for 21.49

Gold dots over critical defense any day of the week.
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 8:10:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Gold dots over critical defense any day of the week.

That's what I use, but the 147gr variery in 9mm, and 230 in .45ACP.
Link Posted: 4/28/2012 9:15:43 AM EDT
[#27]
I've read from Dr. Roberts that 147gr. is the least effective 9mm Gold Dot.
(Not that I would like to volunteer!)
124gr. +P is supposed the have the best terminal results.

Gold Dots in general are very consistent and retain much of their weight, (and all of their jacket), after expansion.

The forum we aren't allowed to mention has a great sub-section for terminal ballistics.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 10:08:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've read from Dr. Roberts that 147gr. is the least effective 9mm Gold Dot.

Did I mention that I use a suppressor for hunting? 147 is usually subsonic ( haven't actually clocked 147gr.)

As for the Critical Defense, they don't even have a spot for it on the shelf in Waupaca.

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 6:16:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Most of my self defense handguns don't have adjustable sights. Therefore, I let the gun "choose" the ammo it shoots most accurately (bullet weight usually decides accuracy, more so than brand). If two brands shoot the same weight bullets equally well, only then do I get into "terminal ballistics". For me, accuracy is #1 priority.

For example, in 9mm, my Kahr CM9 is dead-nuts accurate with 147gr bullets.... brand doesn't matter much, but bullet weight certainly does. 115gr bullets shoot way too low, 124grs are low too, but not as bad as 115s... but 147s are right on.  OTOH, my Glocks (17 & 19) are more accurate with lighter/faster bullets. Glocks are loaded with 115gr Gold Dots, Kahr carries Fiocci 147s (factory loads with Hornady XTP bullets).

In .45ACP, my full size Colt Govt is dead on with 230gr bullets, but hits low with 185s. But with my Springfield Ultra Compact V10, the differance between 185s & 230s is negligible. Gold Dot 230s is my favorite for both because they're the most accurate, but I also have a few mags for the V10 loaded with Winchester 185 Silvertips. The 185s have less recoil making for faster/accurate  followup shots.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Farm and Fleet corporate thinks guns are icky....

Which makes them a good fit for Madison :(
I too am shocked at the selection offered by Fleet Farm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top