Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2005 8:00:44 PM EDT
I'm about ready to have my barrel threaded and was wondering whats a good FH. I've seen one called a "Phantom" I think looks cool if nothing else you could use it as a mini bayanet, anyone have this one if so does it make the rifle louder. I've got a Smith Ind. Brake on there now and hate how much louder it made the rifle but love the smack it gives the guy beside you who dosn't know whats coming. I sure would like to hear from ya'll about this weather the regular birdcage is louder than some of the others out there or vise a versa.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a vortex on my M-4. I haven't really noticed if it's louder or not.

It sure does cut down on the flash.

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:37:45 AM EDT
[#2]
i have a couple of flashhiders and didnt really notice it getting louder after i installed them.  

if they are louder not by much

here are the ones i have

phantom 5c1 which is the closed bottom with smooth tip
phantom 5c2 which is the colsed bottom with jagged tip
a2 closed bottom
a1 5 slots all the way around
phantom 29 it think which is the older 4 evenly spaced slots
smith vortex which pings like a tuning fork.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:13:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a phantom 5c2 on a 16" barrel.  MUCH more quite then ANY brake.  VERY efficient at reducing muzzle flash.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Those things make you invisible when shooting at night.....
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

No, no!  They make the rifle more deadly and spray 500 bullets while muffling the sound.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, no!  They make the rifle more deadly and spray 500 bullets while muffling the sound.

Yeah... That's the ticket.  

TC
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#7]
And we will be happy to install your new whiz-bang FH while you wait! We've done work for several AR-15 listers.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top