Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/15/2007 12:56:22 PM EDT
I will be working for 3 weeks in late September at the hospital there and would like to know of any places close by to go fishing. I know about the Chena but would also like to know of any lakes/streams to fish in.

thanks,
smitty
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:05:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By smittylite:
I will be working for 3 weeks in late September at the hospital there and would like to know of any places close by to go fishing. I know about the Chena but would also like to know of any lakes/streams to fish in.

thanks,
smitty

Depends on the weather
With the recent weather we have been having, we may have snow on the ground during that time period

Chatakina is a good spot, quartz lake isnt bad (80 miles), moose creek

What kind of fishing are you looking to do?

Coming up as a temp nurse?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:38:25 PM EDT
Hidden lake (across the Rich from the old Eielson gate) has good pike fishing
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:37:45 AM EDT
Thinking about pike fishing currently. The only thing I have really fished for here in AZ has been bass and trout.

We are installing a new materials management system and training the staff on how to use it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 12:10:09 PM EDT
I know of a great Pike spot, but it takes about four hours to get to and you need a boat (or a plane). It's worth it for all the pike though.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 1:15:57 PM EDT
I don't think I'll have access to a boat, or a plane for that matter, and will be limited to places I can get to in my rental car.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 2:46:17 PM EDT
If you can spring for a charter, you can go for some amazing pike while you are here

Check out North Country Charters
Top Top