Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/9/2011 1:19:49 PM EDT
am i allowed full auto, can i have a 12 inch barrel and 30 round mags...

i built my rifle in california and it sux but its something to start from , i got the bullet button and only allowed 10 round mags...

i basicaly just want to know what i can and cant do with my rifle back home.. i never had my own rifle in Ga. before....
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:01:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes to all of the above, but don't forget to get ATF approval. Also for FA, it must have been registered with the ATF prior to '86, unless you are licensed to manufacture title III weapons.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

i built my rifle in california and it sux but its something to start from , i got the bullet button and only allowed 10 round mags...

i basicaly just want to know what i can and cant do with my rifle back home.. i never had my own rifle in Ga. before....

Pay the federal tax for full auto and SBR and follow their other rules and you good to go.
30 round mags are the LAW here in GA, any thing less and they take it and give you a 30 rounder . There no magazine restrictions.
There are some hunting regulations on what rifles and mags can be used for hunting but that is it. The DNR site post those regs.

Welcome to a free state.
Apply for your Georgia Weapon License and join Georgia Carry.org
Our laws aren't perfect but they are pretty good and folks are working to improve them every year

Monk
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:32:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to freedom. What part of Kalifornia?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to freedom!  F kalifornia.....
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:58:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pay the federal tax for full auto and SBR and follow their other rules and you good to go.
30 round mags are the LAW here in GA, any thing less and they take it and give you a 30 rounder . There no magazine restrictions.
There are some hunting regulations on what rifles and mags can be used for hunting but that is it. The DNR site post those regs.

Welcome to a free state.
Apply for your Georgia Weapon License and join Georgia Carry.org
Our laws aren't perfect but they are pretty good and folks are working to improve them every year

Monk

actually that is only for shotguns and bird hunting. no restrictions on rifle......except no Suppressors for hunting.

t perfect but they are pretty good and folks are working to improve them every year

Monk[/quote]

actually that is only for shotguns and bird hunting. no restrictions on rifle......except no Suppressors for hunting.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#6]
If you do the tax stamp for full auto, do you need one for the SBR?

Seems I remember that if you have the full auto, anything else on the rifle is good to go.

True or not?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you do the tax stamp for full auto, do you need one for the SBR?

Seems I remember that if you have the full auto, anything else on the rifle is good to go.

True or not?

I have never heard this, but I have never looked into it like that.

Hell if you have the money for a FA it should be allowed.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:40:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome to the righteous corner of the nation.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Full-auto trumps all.  No need for another tax stamp to shorten the barrel on a FA.  If you have a FA receiver you can stick whatever upper you want on it.  If you have a RDIAS or LL, the weapon in which the device is being used can be in any configuration.

Welcome to GA.

Mark

You are probably the one I heard if from.

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:43:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm not really sure what all that stuff is but it sounds sad......

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#12]
what part of GA are you in?  I'm sure there is a local HTF member near you that would be more than happy to show you the light of the black!
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Full-auto trumps all.  No need for another tax stamp to shorten the barrel on a FA.  If you have a FA receiver you can stick whatever upper you want on it.  If you have a RDIAS or LL, the weapon in which the device is being used can be in any configuration.

Welcome to GA.

Mark

Interesting, never knew that.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Welcome to GA.

Mark

+1  (not that I know anything about it)

The way it was explained to me, you had to register a short barrel on a rifle.  A machine gun is not a rifle.  

Don't you still need the stamp for a suppressor?  Even if it's just sitting in the safe?

ETA;  Welcome to GA, OP!

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Welcome to freedom. What part of Kalifornia?

Lemoore CA.    

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 6:29:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Welcome to the righteous corner of the nation.

Man I like this post.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:11:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:31:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can't have pistol grips in Kalifornia nor can you have a magazine that holds over 10 rounds.  So you either have to make the magazine fixed by using the "bullet button" or you eliminate the pistol grip and use this instead.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:32:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:48:32 AM EDT
[#20]

HA!  ^^^This is supposed to make it easy to understand?

I can't tell if it is a joke or if it is actually supposed to be a real flow chart to help out people.  Either way it is impossible to interpret.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:56:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
what part of GA are you in?  I'm sure there is a local HTF member near you that would be more than happy to show you the light of the black!

in columbus Ga ..outside fort benning .....

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:58:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't have pistol grips in Kalifornia nor can you have a magazine that holds over 10 rounds.  So you either have to make the magazine fixed by using the "bullet button" or you eliminate the pistol grip and use this instead.

http://a4.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/125/711d155dea4045cafd6d6820be1fb6fd/l.jpg

yeah and it looks like crap and 30 round mag are illegal..

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:59:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

HA!  ^^^This is supposed to make it easy to understand?

I can't tell if it is a joke or if it is actually supposed to be a real flow chart to help out people.  Either way it is impossible to interpret.

its california ..nothing in this crap state is easy to understand or interpert...

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:02:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

http://a4.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/125/711d155dea4045cafd6d6820be1fb6fd/l.jpg

holy crap that is ugly!
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:04:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Welcome to GA.

Mark

Well, that settles it. Where does one procure a full auto lower receiver? And how does one legally obtain one?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:05:40 AM EDT
[#26]
any where in Ga i can get the full auto assembly...whats the law on pistols too...i gotta sig 226 and its the one thing i can say im cheating on my wife with ,,and it go every with me...
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:10:39 AM EDT
[#27]
all the stsate laws are written in plain english at www.georgiapacking.org

there are no state restrition on pistols, just the regular NFA laws of no full auto, no stocks, and no VFG on pistols.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:12:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome to GA.

Mark

Well, that settles it. Where does one procure a full auto lower receiver? And how does one legally obtain one?

Go up to Bullseye in Lawrenceville with about $10,000 to $15,000 and they will do the rest.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:17:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
any where in Ga i can get the full auto assembly...whats the law on pistols too...i gotta sig 226 and its the one thing i can say im cheating on my wife with ,,and it go every with me...

No restriction on magazine capacity. Legal to carry anywhere in your car or home, no duty to inform.  Legal to conceal/open carry in public with License available from your county probate judge.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 7:23:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to GA.

Mark

+1  (not that I know anything about it)  

The way it was explained to me, you had to register a short barrel on a rifle.  A machine gun is not a rifle.  

Don't you still need the stamp for a suppressor?  Even if it's just sitting in the safe?

ETA;  Welcome to GA, OP!

Supressor is seperate from rifle, so yes, it needs it's own stamp. Machine guns are just too badass to be classified as anything else, so no, you dont need SBR stamp
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 7:24:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You are hearby banned from ever posting that pic again.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 7:26:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome to GA.

Mark

Go up to Bullseye in Lawrenceville with about $10,000 to $15,000 and they will do the rest.

Damn, ok sounds good.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 10:41:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome to GA.

Mark

Damn, ok sounds good.

for the whole lower ...i just need the bolt and kit ....

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 12:27:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome to GA.

Mark

Damn, ok sounds good.

I'm not sure you understand the NFA laws. Just buying the "bolt and kit", and installing them in a lower and upper  will not work. You can't just build your own machine gun.

No transferable machine guns or sears, other than dealer samples, or for LEO only, have legally been manufactured since 1986. This is why they cost $10,000 to $15,000. There are only so many in the pipeline.

If you want a legal full auto, be ready to pony up the big bucks.

I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome to GA.

Mark

Damn, ok sounds good.

I'm not sure you understand the NFA laws. Just buying the "bolt and kit", and installing them in a lower and upper  will not work. You can't just build your own machine gun.

No transferable machine guns or sears, other than dealer samples, or for LEO only, have legally been manufactured since 1986. This is why they cost $10,000 to $15,000. There are only so many in the pipeline.

I hope this helps.

for an ar-15?  i bult my rifle from scratch..its semi-auto ...and was told theres kits for  full auto ..and it will go in a stripper lower.. ..the selecter switch etc and full auto bolt ..
and i just want the vbolt and internals.. i want a three round burst  parts..
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 1:07:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to GA.

Mark

Damn, ok sounds good.

I hope this helps.

for an ar-15?  i bult my rifle from scratch..its semi-auto ...and was told theres kits for  full auto ..and it will go in a stripper lower.. ..the selecter switch etc and full auto bolt ..

That would be manufacturing your own machine gun.

It's possible by materials, but not law man. Joe just gave you the run down on what you have to do.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome to GA.

Mark

Damn, ok sounds good.

I hope this helps.

It's possible by materials, but not law man. Joe just gave you the run down on what you have to do.

its bad to buy a stripped lower and put the parts in side and buy the upper assembly seperate and put is together peice by piece? .

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome to GA.

Mark

Damn, ok sounds good.

I hope this helps.

As noted, $10,000 or more.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 1:25:44 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to GA.

Mark

Damn, ok sounds good.

I hope this helps.

its bad to buy a stripped lower and put the parts in side and buy the upper assembly seperate and put is together peice by piece? .

The full auto ones...yeah....

Unless you just want a full auto bolt carrier, which has some more metal/weight on it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome to GA.

Mark

Damn, ok sounds good.

I hope this helps.

Unless you just want a full auto bolt carrier, which has some more metal/weight on it.

thats what i want ..my lowers made for multi ..i just want the bolt carrier and internals......the disconnecter and trigger, selecter and shit....

then ill be a happy camper ..

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 1:35:16 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to GA.

Mark

Damn, ok sounds good.

I hope this helps.

thats what i want ..my lowers made for multi ..i just want the bolt carrier and internals......the disconnecter and trigger, selecter and shit....

The bolt carrier yes....the other stuff. No. That's manufacturing your own machinegun. You CAN do it...just gotta pony up all that money first and buy the right stuff.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 1:38:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Look, to have ANYTHING that fires more than one round per trigger pull, you have to grease some palms.

For a registered lower for an AR-15, you're looking at $10,000 MINIMUM. You CANNOT, by law, make your own, or just "buy the sear and disconnector." That would be manufacturing a machine gun, so you'd go to ass-rape prison for a good 30-40 years.

Comprende amigo?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Castlehoff123, some very smart people who deal with this for a living have told you what the NFA rules are.  Please pay attention.  No full auto or burst lower made after 1986 is available to you and you can not build one.  If you want full auto or burst capability you will have to buy an existing registered machine gun and you looking at $10k minimum.  If you build your own from a stripped lower you are breaking federal law and will go to federal prison if caught.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Your lower cannot legally converted to FA without an drop-in auto sear. That is the only way you can legally make your rifle FA. The drop-in auto sears cost roughly the same as a transferable FA lower, around $12,000-$15,000. You have to use a transferable lower registered as a machine gun before 1986 if you aren't using a drop-in auto sear. Yes, they sell all of the FA parts. It is illegal for someone that isn't a Class III manufacturer or law enforcement to install them in a post-'86 lower. You can buy them all online and have them shipped to your house. You would also be risking a felony for possessing them and an AR15 at the same time. They wouldn't even have to be installed.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Crap...that sux.....so where would one ..obtain the legal paper work and stuff?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Crap...that sux.....so where would one ..obtain the legal paper work and stuff?

Got $10,000 to spend?

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:52:30 AM EDT
[#48]
geeze its pricey as hell.....ill have to sell my kidney and arm n leg for full auto ..
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:53:45 AM EDT
[#49]
hows the open carry law ...cuz here ..my sig doesnt leave my side
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top