Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2004 6:55:52 PM EDT
Did my first ever bump firing on Sunday. My pre-ban bushy was rocking. I could only get bursts from the shoulder but will probably be easy with practice. It seems like the lighter the rifle the easyer it was. I went through 650 rounds damn fast, it was fun as hell.

Video below is a 1 meg Windows Media file.

BUMP FIRE VIDEO
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:42:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Congradulations - fun, ain't it?

You might want to try and use your trigger finger on the trigger instead of your thumb.  I think it adds more control and would help keep your hand from the path of any errant spent case being ejected.  It's common to use the index finger on the trigger, then with your thumb behind the grip, have it hooked into a belt loop though I don't need to do that myself.  At shoulder level, using your thumb on the trigger would seem extremely ackward but I am not sure you change techniques when doing so.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:29:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Looked like you were having fun

I still gotta give it a try myself.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#3]
From the shoulder I was using my index finger and thumb from the hip. I will try the index finger from the hip next time. I would really like to do it from the shoulder, so I guess get more ammo and try again. At least a 1000 rounds this time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:46:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Man I can't seem to get it to bump fire on my low-pro classic.,I tried it from the shoulder and it would just fire 1 shot.I love that video
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:30:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I got a chance to try it today.Im having a few problems with the videos,but see if this one works.It was done with windows movie shaker.

download me
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:30:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like you got it. Damn I need to use a video cam next time. We only had a digital camera with no sound. Where were you shooting, rambo range?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:32:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I almost picked up a 1000 rounds today at WWG for 195.00. I think I will in the AM.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:08:03 AM EDT
[#8]
If the rambo range is over by girdwood then yes,its been years since i was there.I went there because Rabbit Creek is a little strict.I was using a Canon S50 digital camera,I'm suprised on how good they turned out.Next time i'll bring the video camera and try bumping from the shoulder.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes it is right past Girdwood. I haven't been there in years either. I might have to go do some bump fireing there.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#10]
No sound on the vid?

It's fun and also a major waste of ammo. I've done it before... and I'd probably do it again to show off to a friend... but I don't think I could justify using up 650 rounds that way. There are just way too many zombies to be wasting precious ammo that way.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Yea I burned up about 300rds in an hour.To bad it wouldnt work with the ciener kit,thats what I usually shoot since its so cheap.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:50:33 PM EDT
[#12]
First day I had my KPF upper with Ceiner kit installed I blew through 2500 rounds in autofire in my M16.  Ammo cost = about $45.  If I were shooting .223, the bill would have been hideous.  Even in semi, I am REALLY enjoying my rimfire kit and the uppers I had built are tack drivers.

If you can't bumpfire the Ceiner kit, that is truly a shame.  I look forward to try to bumpfire just about everything I can.  I have a Mini-14 that I legally modded to fire when the trigger is released as well as pulled, I wonder if that will double my ROF when bumpfiring, or make it unsuitable to try and cycle?

It's probably rude to bumpfire a friend's firearm without telling him, but I love the look on their face.  When I bumpfired Arcticbear's short barrelled AR, he was behind a vehicle, sight blocked so he couldn't see what I was doing, and his first thought was "Oh great, what just broke in my AR???"  Classic!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:40:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I think with a lighter trigger it would work with the ciener,this was my first time trying it.Try it with your ciener kit and see if you can get it to  bump fire,you have more exoperience so will have better luck.I did it with my dads SKS and some random kid with an AK-47.We told him to try it and he said he couldnt because his AK wasn't an "auto" hehe.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm afraid it won't be till next year that I get a chance to try again due to my freaky work schedule but all my lowers have match triggers and that may let me do it.  I was shocked at how heavy a trigger could be and still bump fire - I ran a crappy HK-91 copy with a heavy trigger and it still worked, just not as gracefully.  I think it would help quite a bit if the rimfire setup was light (and mine are).  Will try it out first chance I get...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Next time out i'll try it even with this heavy bull barrel I have hehe.

TBuck,where were you shooting at?I want to try it on some water also
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:01:17 PM EDT
[#16]
My spot of choice would be in hope. My first bumpfire was right past johnson trail. It is an old gravel pit on the left side of the road. Since then it has been gated and no shooting signs posted, go figure. There is an awsome place mile 11 hope road that is right on the beach that is killer for mud and can shooting. We start a nice fire do lunch and shoot like mother fuckers. We have been shooting there for years and it has worked out well.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Since then it has been gated and no shooting signs posted, go figure.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:32:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top