Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/8/2005 5:44:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/25/2005 7:11:49 PM EDT by Striker]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:02:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2005 5:05:50 AM EDT by petagunner]
I'm in as I already stated for Sept 9th 10th. I'll tell ya, if anyone else is goin from the southern end of the state, a carpool would be nice. Freakin Diesel is almost at $3 gal now. CH said he'd go if he didnt have anything planned and so far, I think he is the closest.

C'mon OR time to leather up and go help. You never know when you might need it!

ETA: BALMING HAD A GREAT IDEA!
Patty, if you give out your paypal acct, folks who cant make it might make a donation to the cause for supplies, paint,gloves and trash bags!!? How bout it?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:59:30 PM EDT
I'm working the hillsboro air show that weekend.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:18:34 PM EDT
Must be in the Team Member area as I can't see the thread.

I tell ya. I really need to pony up and pay for a membership one of these days.

*sigh*

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:15:45 PM EDT
I'm less than a 20 min drive away.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:55:25 AM EDT
I think I might just take this opportunity to meet some arfcommers and help out.
I'll have to make sure my schedule is open first and if so I would be a go for this.

Though my only problem is that I most likely would need to carpool with someone, as my current vehicle (84' volkswagen) would most likely not make it in its current condition.

So if anyone would be traveling through the border area of SE Portland-Gresham and be able to take on a passenger that would be great.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:16:16 AM EDT
You guys are awesome! My paypal account is pattymcn @ centurytel.net

I think we've decided Weekend of September 9th & 10.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:48:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pattymcn:
You guys are awesome! My paypal account is pattymcn @ centurytel.net

I think we've decided Weekend of September 9th & 10.

Patty

Patty,

Sent you some loot paypal, must be used for Beer/Food for the clean up crew of if no one shows to help then for some food for your puppies (just kidding, how you use it is up to you.)

Great looking place you have there, some elbow grease and a Bobcat and you will have it squared away in no time.

Scott Cousino
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:50:20 PM EDT
Thank you Scooter, that was very generous! Patty
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:26:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:12:20 AM EDT
I cant make that weekend as that is funshow weekend and I work. I will make one of hte following weekends though.

Will keep an eye in this thread. I will see if my oldest, 13 would like to tag along and hang with your kids.

Also, we have a recycled building materials center here in Hood River. Lots of good deals on lumber, and other building materials. Somthing you may want to look into. I just picked up a few sheets of 3/4" ply for $9 bucks a sheet. considering its $20 at the lumber yard, not a bad deal.

*there in spirit*
CH
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:11:21 PM EDT
Non Team Members have no idea whats going on in this thread.....
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:14:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2005 1:18:45 PM EDT by Cape_hunter]
IM inbound ws4lif

CH

Patty got a new place and it needs some work.
everyone is pitching in when they can!
CH
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:26:15 PM EDT
Holy smokes! And I thought having to change out my bath room fixures was a chore.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:44:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WS4LIF:
Non Team Members have no idea whats going on in this thread.....

That's RIGHT!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:12:15 PM EDT
I really appreciate the support and enthusiasm shared. I bought a new place outside of Pendleton and will be moving there the 22nd and needless to say it's a fixer upper! LINKY

Patty
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:29:22 PM EDT

I really appreciate the support and enthusiasm shared. I bought a new place outside of Pendleton and will be moving there the 22nd and needless to say it's a fixer upper! LINKY

Patty

The trouble is the non team members cant read that link...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:24:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cape_hunter:

Patty

The trouble is the non team members cant read that link...

[Homer_Simpson] Doh! [/Homer_Simpson] [no dumb blond jokes now!]

I recently bought a new place and the 3 W's and I will be moving to it soon. When fixed up the place will be wonderful but the state of this place right now is horrible. It seems nearly an impossible task to clean it up. The family I bought the place from are the seediest of low white trash avialable. The place smells so badly of wrotten garbage that my little boy refuses to use the bathroom inside, instead chooses the tree outside.

I'm pretty bumed. It'll be a nice place when fixed up. 5 acres, 3 bedrooms, 2 bath home. No furnice right now, no air conditioning. The well is on again, off again. The weeds in the pasture are chest high [about 5 feet] and there is garbage spewed everywhere. I really think all was ever done was to open the back door and toss out the garbage.

It was what I could afford though.

Here is a link: LINK

Patty

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:17:09 PM EDT
Well, the house (from the outside) looks reasonable.

The kennel may well be structurally sound enough to rescue.

The hen-house I am not to certain about.

The rest should be reasonably easy to clean up if you can borrow/rent a decent sized tractor, bobcat or something smilar.

Nice project you got there Patty
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:34:05 PM EDT
Patty, not to be a poop, but please make sure it wasn't a meth lab house. You will have another set of issues to deal with. Look for batteries, ether (starter fluid), iodine containers in the trash.

The smell sets me off.

Hope I'm just over thinking.

Rick

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:45:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rick_Lind:
Patty, not to be a poop, but please make sure it wasn't a meth lab house. You will have another set of issues to deal with. Look for batteries, ether (starter fluid), iodine containers in the trash.

The smell sets me off.

Hope I'm just over thinking.

Rick

Thanks Rick, do you know how to check for that? I'm really clueless there. I do have the county coming out to inspect the well and water. I suppose they'll have insight.

Patty
*ETA* Thank you Philip. The house is actually very sound. The inside is as messy as the outside [if not more]. The family are cleaning up some on the outside. For the life of me - I can't understand why they don't clean the inside any. I could not live like that. The "hen house' has one room that seems to be capable of housing birds with very little repair and I will take advantage of that. I'm not sure about the 'kennel'.

I have a tractor with mower and bucket. IF they will just LEAVE!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:01:18 PM EDT
Patty, Just look at what's in the trash piles as you clean them up and look for batteries (lithium), any source of ether (starter fluid, window de icer), sudafed boxes (or generic), veterinary iodine bottles, lots of any of the above, or any amount together in one place.

The county folks will probably be onto warning signs, ask them if they see anything wrong.

If the family is hanging around and helping with clean up, so much the better, they probably aren't the type of folks who would run a lab and bolt.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. (Sounds like an ArfCom guy, huh?)

You folks be sure and have fun working and relaxing together. Under other circumstances I would enjoy being there with you.

Regards,

Rick
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:58:14 AM EDT
Is this place north of Pendelton?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:56:24 AM EDT
Its about 20 miles from Pendleton. Well more like 15 actually. Its off the southwest end of town but you wind North west. I'm not exactly sure if it's more north of Pendleton or not. Its probably about 15 miles from the McNary Dam the way the bird flies.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:55:05 PM EDT
I know that area around Pendelton. My parents have a wheat ranch there and a sister lives close to Helix. Nice part of Oregon and the folks there are nice. Way better than the PDX area where I live.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:47:09 AM EDT
Bump, any updates Patty?

Is anyone else planning on attending?

Should we put a list of attendees togethor?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:02:44 PM EDT
Update on PattyMess 05. Things are about as ugly as they can get. The place was suppose to close today. It didn't. There is a lean against the place that has to be resolved before I can close. Furthermore the family was suppose to be out and I was suppose to take possession of the place today.

I went to the house and new locks have been placed on the doors [there were no door knobs on the place prior]. I crawled into the house via a side window since no one was home to survey the damage. The place is actually cleaner then it had been so a lot of work has been done to clean the place up. Its still not inhabitable as the family has seemed to have acquired a litter of kittens that they have stuffed into the Master Bathroom. You can only imagine what a litter of cats crammed into a small bathroom can do to the over all pleasantness of a place.

I left the place and went to the sheriff's office to see what my next steps were. Right now until the lean is resolved I can't file any formal papers to have them tossed. However there is some type of a court order saying that they can not own any animals and since there was a dog left at the place and cats the sheriff's deputy issued a warrant for their arrest [whoops].

News gets worse - my oldest boy is autistic. I've had nothing but problems with the schools with him. In fact the main reason I'm moving is to get a better education for all my kids. Well the school in Pendleton decided today that Will didn't get a good enough education here in Ione to further that if he's enrolled in Pendleton that he will have to start at the 9th grade - where as now he is in the 11th grade. Furthermore to make things even more confusing the community college also accepted him so he could enroll into fall classes and begin work via distant ed from home towards his math degree. Not sure what I'll do in that regards yet but its depressing that the public high school won't accept him but the college will.

Good news though, my daughter has all but made the volleyball team. She's really worked hard for this and I am proud of her.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:12:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:32:38 PM EDT
Patty, I apologize, I have not been following this thread, but what happened?

A lean against the house that the title company hadn’t caught? New locks? Had the sellers signed their deed over at some point or had a VA or FHA loan?

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:04:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ch139:
Patty, I apologize, I have not been following this thread, but what happened?

A lean against the house that the title company hadn’t caught? New locks? Had the sellers signed their deed over at some point or had a VA or FHA loan?

Nope, it sounds like a lean that the title company did catch. If it's not taken care of, then Patty's responsible for it, and/or the bank she got the loan from, won't give up the money.

Basically, it ain't a clean title.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:34:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/26/2005 8:34:58 AM EDT by ch139]
You’re right, I was reading (and replying) to this late at night when I should have been in bed, not surfing arf.com…

Anyway, it does kinda sound like one of those folks with a lean repoed it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:51:10 AM EDT

I left the place and went to the sheriff's office to see what my next steps were. Right now until the lean is resolved I can't file any formal papers to have them tossed. However there is some type of a court order saying that they can not own any animals and since there was a dog left at the place and cats the sheriff's deputy issued a warrant for their arrest [whoops].
Patty

LOL...classic. They sound like real winners. Sorry about the mess Patty.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:24:37 AM EDT
Sorry to hear Patty

Check your IM

Aaron
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:12:32 AM EDT
Thank you everyone. Its been a huge nightmare. I am very appreciative for everyone who helped with words of encouragement, phone calls, offers to help CLEAN and of course the private donations [which will be returned]. Patty
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:43:27 PM EDT
Patty,

If you return my donation I will drive out to Oregon and kick your ass

Seriously keep the money and go out to dinner with the kids or something, if you send it back I will just waste it on ammo or something.

Scott
Top Top