Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2011 7:52:40 AM EDT
I visited the Firingline the other day and all I can say is what a bunch of arrogant, condescending aholes that either work in or own this shop.
I guess if I was law enforcement or ex law enforcement I would understand.
Yep Westland not Livonia. My Bad.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 12:26:37 PM EDT
[#1]
FiringLine Gun shop and range is in Westland

Firearm Exchange Gun range is in Livonia...
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 12:54:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Their attitude was the reason I stopped going there, I go to Firearm Exchange instead now.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 1:19:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Lemme guess, Grant?
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I refuse to go to that range. They have one range officer who I like.
The rest can go pound sand IMHO.

Link Posted: 3/10/2011 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Their attitude was the reason I stopped going there, I go to Firearm Exchange instead now.

Friend and I would shoot there every other week. We had the same experience......and he is a retired LEO.

We also fent to the Firearms Exchange.  Nice people, good range, no bullshit.

T.S.  

Link Posted: 3/10/2011 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#6]
What do you expect from a shop opened and run by a bunch of current and former LEOs.

The firingline hates anyone who is not:

-Over the age of 35.
-Sporting a mustache.
-Sporting a beer gut.
-LEO or former LEO.

I stopped going there a long time ago. I simply got sick of the attitude. I mean come on, I'm young, clean cut, good gear, and have plenty of disposable income because I'm not spending it on kids yet. They should be kissing my ass to try and get me to stay and spend money.

Nope, let's look down our nose and make that demographic feel unwelcome.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 11:45:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I've found FL to be a real mixed bag depending on who you get helping you. This is largely tied into what time of day you visit-they are just down the street for me and I work afternoons so I get a different experience on weekdays compared to weekends.

Some of the guys can be a real peach, but I gotten some good help there in the past. It took me a while to see the pattern, though.

Never had any issue on their range with either the people running the shop or the people shooting. In fact, I don't think I have ever seen an employee working the range.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 11:46:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lemme guess, Grant?

LoL...
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 5:17:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've found FL to be a real mixed bag depending on who you get helping you. This is largely tied into what time of day you visit-they are just down the street for me and I work afternoons so I get a different experience on weekdays compared to weekends.

Some of the guys can be a real peach, but I gotten some good help there in the past. It took me a while to see the pattern, though.

Never had any issue on their range with either the people running the shop or the people shooting. In fact, I don't think I have ever seen an employee working the range.

X10. It seems like the weekend crew is much more pleasureable to be around than the weekday crew. I have had quite a mixed bag of experiences there and it seems like there are a couple of bad apples that ruin it for the entire shop.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Lemme guess, Grant?

Bingo!
He has to be one of the most arrogant people I have ever met.
And there was a gal that worked there that must live with some flying monkeys.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been going to action impact in southfield. I debated on checking out FL, but when I read their Range release form saying (in very bold print) 'anyone caught using non-range ammo will be charged $150', I decided not to go. Not because they require range ammo, action impact also does, it just rubbed me the wrong way. They will not be getting any business from me.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 12:53:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Think I am seeing a pattern here.
The interesting thing is that the owners of the Firingline probably don't think they have a problem.
The problem lies with the customers who have an issue with the Firingline , at least that is the impression I get from the people at the Firingline.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 1:28:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

And there was a gal that worked there that must live with some flying monkeys.

Tall brunette?

She was one of the main purveyors of attitude I mentioned above.

Turns out she's a dispatcher for westland.........and........... no surprise here, works with those same westland cops.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:37:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I live like 4 miles from the place...

I hate going in there for the most part.

You're a Perp. unless proven otherwise.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:42:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I once had a debate with the Firing Line store owner who stated that there isn't a difference in a mil. spec buffer tube and a commercial version.  I came to the conclusion that it's possible the "experts" don't know their ass from a buffer tube.  I go in from time to time, but never pay their price for guns.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:27:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I have had nothing but bad experiences with FL.  I have found that the people who work there get annoyed and angry if you ask to even see a firearm and then they will go on a rant full of wrong information about the firearm when you ask a question about it.  I will never go there to get advice about a new firearm or any firearm for that matter. The range is pretty shitty compared to the ranges at Firearm Exchange and Action Impact (both of which allow rifles too unlike FL).  If you can avoid this place then do so but if not... I just have to say good luck.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have had nothing but bad experiences with FL.  I have found that the people who work there get annoyed and angry if you ask to even see a firearm and then they will go on a rant full of wrong information about the firearm when you ask a question about it.  I will never go there to get advice about a new firearm or any firearm for that matter. The range is pretty shitty compared to the ranges at Firearm Exchange and Action Impact (both of which allow rifles too unlike FL).  If you can avoid this place then do so but if not... I just have to say good luck.

That is counter to my experience-I've never gotten any guff for asking to see anything they had in the store. Some employees are friendlier or more helpful than others, just like any other retail store, some just have that air about them that makes you not want to approach them in the first place. I can say that from one of the owners I got some of the best treatment and help I have ever gotten in a gun store one day while just in to look at weapon lights. I tend to go in the store to buy accessories rather than firearms because I am able to help myself-this is not just a function of not wanting to deal with employees, but because the prices were so high. Again, I live 3 or 4 minutes from their store and have only ever bought two guns from them-a Steyr M9A1-which they have protected territory with Steyr so I couldn't get it anywhere else, and recently bought a Keltec PMR30 which I also couldn't get anywhere else due to availability.

Now, contrast that with the $6,000 I spent in 2007 alone at Firearm Exchange..... I can say that every time I have left FE they thanked me for stopping in whether I have bought something or not-you barely get an eyebrow raised when you leave FL. I truly believe that most of the folks who work for FL are good people, just maybe the owners need to see a thread like this to make their shop better.

If I do have one complaint about FL that I can't be generous about it is that they do not allow registered class 3 weapons to be shot on their range. That says they don't trust me-and it its reflected in my not having bought range time at their store since 2007. I can shoot my subgun at least 4 local ranges I know of without any incident or hassle, so when  don't want to drive to the pit or my property up north I go spend my money there.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:24:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You're a Perp. unless proven otherwise.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:54:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I have tried to go in there myself. Two times exactly. The skinny brunette who was there was so rude, that my son even said something about it. I went back there again a few months later alone, same thing from one of the guys working there.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Ah the Joys of buying retail! Thank God I get my stuff wholesale! SUCKAS!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:10:47 AM EDT
[#21]
I had been planning to hit FL tonight, but after finding this post last night I decided I might see what else is out there.  I stopped by Firearm Exchange.  Seems like a decent place.  A lot less people.  Less lanes, but they allow rifles.  However, trying to enjoy shooting a pistol indoors with a rifle blasting 3 feet from you isn't easy.   I suppose its good for training.  

Explain to me why nearly every range won't allow practicing fast follow-up shots.  Even the ones that allow FA weapons.  Maybe it keeps the idiots from just blasting away to make noise. In less inclement weather I shoot outdoors on private property so rules like this are somewhat annoying.  If its to suppress certain behavior then maybe it's necessary.  Either way I usually avoid interaction with everyone I can at ranges.

Thanks for the info on other area ranges.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:28:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Explain to me why nearly every range won't allow practicing fast follow-up shots.

Because they mount the targets too high on the hanger, and then can't control their doubles or triples, and rounds end up going into the ceiling or target carriers.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:59:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Explain to me why nearly every range won't allow practicing fast follow-up shots.

Because they mount the targets too high on the hanger, and then can't control their doubles or triples, and rounds end up going into the ceiling or target carriers.

Plan for the worst n hope for the best....    wish they would have told me last night that tonight was closed range time for their "fun shoot"   I wouldn't have drove all the wat out there for nothing.  Or would have tried another place.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plan for the worst n hope for the best....    wish they would have told me last night that tonight was closed range time for their "fun shoot"   I wouldn't have drove all the wat out there for nothing.  Or would have tried another place.

Funny you mention that.

Their coup de grâce for my willingness to go there, was when I overheard a couple guys talking on the range about some kind of 'fun night' where you could shoot as you were meant to shoot, not hampered by the rules that cater to the lowest common denominator that comes in.

I asked about it at the register as I was leaving with a very straight forward question, and that tall brunette didn't think to say "I don't know, let me ask". I was given an attitude laden answer in the negative, with an undertone of 'Even if we did, I wouldn't tell you'.

Easy solution.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:53:37 PM EDT
[#25]
People, I have nothing but good things for FE in Livonia. Whenever I have needed help, they have bent over backwards. A friend built his first AR and wanted to test it. He didn't have any sites on it yet, just wanted to pull the trigger and see if it went boom. The owner took the Aimpoint off of his rifle and lent it to my buddy so he could get some solid play out of his rifle.

I even had them put a set of sling studs on an old rifle I had sitting in my safe for years. I dropped it off and had just pulled out of the parking lot, when they called me and said they were trying to get me before I left. The gunsmith said it was such an easy task, he put aside what he was working on and installed the sling mounts on my stock in a few mins.

I haven't found customer service like that before and you definately will NEVER find it at FL in Westland....
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Last time I was @ at the range on Schoolcraft, our old MI HTF friend IronBalacava was there.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top