Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2003 11:37:46 AM EDT
Would anyone like get a group of us together and go out to Frontsight for the 4 day Practical Rifle course if it was cheap enough? We could also do the 4 day Defensive Handgun or 4 day Tactical Shot gun. I've been out there a few times and the training is awesome. You will be amazed at how much your skills improve, no matter what your skill level when you arrive. The instructors are all good guys and are very professional. You won't be dissappointed in the training you receive. This deal would be good for anyone who hasn't attended a course at Frontsight before other than the Free subgun class. Basically I've got a bunch of certificates and will sell them to ARFCOM guys cheap if some of us want to get together and go some time. The course descriptions and dates are available here: www.frontsight.com/classes.php

The courses retail cost is $1200. I will sell the certificates for $200. It would be cool if we could get a bunch of us NV locals together for a class but anybody from ARFCOM is welcome. We wouldn't have to all go at the same time but it would be fun if we could at least get a few of us at the same time. The certificates are good anytime and don't expire so if you couldn't go now you can use them later or sell or give them to someone else. They are also good for two people to go to the 2 day versions of these courses as well if they go together. Wives and or girlfriends are welcome too. Mine has been and really enjoyed it. She feels much more comfortable with her handgun and 100 times better able to use it now. Let me know what you guys think.

Dave
Link Posted: 3/24/2003 3:40:36 PM EDT
[#1]
So it's $200 for each 4 day or 2/2-day classes? Glenn
Link Posted: 3/24/2003 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, It's $200 for one person to take a 4 day class (Defensive Handgun, Practical Rifle or Tactical Shotgun) or for two people to take a 2 day course together.

I've taken the 4 day Defensive handgun and the 2 day Defensive handgun with the Glock armorers course as well as the free subgun course. The training is very good. I was amazed at the progress I made and even more impressed at the improvement my wife made. Anyone that owns a handgun should take the 4 day DH especially if you plan on carrying it or using it for defensive purposes. I have not taken a rifle or shotgun course yet but want to in the near future. Probably rifle first but I'm flexible if we want to get a group together, I'm up for any of them.

The instructors are all very professional, most are former or current LEO's or military. They don't use the in your face DI type of instruction. The classes have sometimes up to half women and they are very patient with everyone, no matter your skill level. They pack alot of training into four days. You will get your moneys worth.
Link Posted: 3/24/2003 9:06:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey !!!!!!!!!!!
I talked to Fingers and am buying a couple certificates. I am going to be taking the four day practical rifle course April 25-28.

Who else is in ? I am bring pahrumpcaveman with me.
Link Posted: 3/24/2003 9:25:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Anybody that wants to go to that course needs to let me know ASAP. I have to leave town for a couple of weeks. I'll be away from my computer until the 10th of next month. I can try to get my wife to check in here for me and check my email periodically but I'll be pretty much out of contact for awhile. Email is probably the best bet. I don't think she knows how to use IM yet. For courses later than April it won't be a problem. I'd like to take a course in May or June if anyones interested.
Dave
Link Posted: 3/25/2003 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell of a deal!  I wouldn't be able to do it until May or June, but I'm interested.  E-mail sent. . .
Link Posted: 3/26/2003 4:01:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I may be able to do it as well.  I'll email you tonight, Fingers.
Link Posted: 3/26/2003 5:02:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Don't you have a lower to pay off?

How about just ripping up that check I gave you and giving me $20.
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lower, what lower?  I dunno what you're talking about.  I didn't do it... I wasn't there and you have no proof.
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lower, what lower?  I dunno what you're talking about.  I didn't do it... I wasn't there and you have no proof.

True, very true BUT, the email you just sent me also has Sherri's email addy on it....you don't mind me adding her to my email list do you ?
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Ha!   She already knows!   Your plans are foiled, nefarious fiend!

Fingers... sorry we hijacked your thread.
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn!! Oh well, I got my .50...KMA!
Link Posted: 4/9/2003 10:52:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey Dudes, I'm finally back in town. I'm slowly working my way through about 300 emails so if you emailed me I'll be getting back to you shortly. I'd like to do a rifle class next month if anyones interested or if next month conflicts with the Nevada get together I may be able to do it in June. Let me know if any of you guys are interested.  444 and a friend is going later this month and will hopefully give a review when he gets back. Thanks
Dave
Link Posted: 4/9/2003 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hey Dudes, I'm finally back in town. I'm slowly working my way through about 300 emails so if you emailed me I'll be getting back to you shortly. I'd like to do a rifle class next month if anyones interested or if next month conflicts with the Nevada get together I may be able to do it in June. Let me know if any of you guys are interested.  444 and a friend is going later this month and will hopefully give a review when he gets back. Thanks
Dave

The Rachel camp trip will be May 9-11...I will start a thread soon on it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2003 11:09:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Cool, I should be able to make that. I'll have more of an idea of my schedule for next month in a week or so.

For whoever's interested, the 4 day Pratical Rifle course is offered 16-19 May and 13-16 June. After that we would have to wait until September 26-29. Let me know what you guys think.
Link Posted: 4/9/2003 11:16:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Jumpin' Jesus...June is TOO hot! I just bought a generator for our summer night shoots....I hate the heat!
Link Posted: 4/9/2003 11:24:10 PM EDT
[#16]
It shouldn't be that hot yet. But if you think it will be, how about May?
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 7:25:34 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
It shouldn't be that hot yet. But if you think it will be, how about May?

Dude, it is scorching now if you ask me, I like Nov-Feb.....I REALLY hate the heat. Good thing I work an outside job eh?
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 8:46:27 AM EDT
[#18]
I've been gone a couple weeks, how hot has it been? For me anything in the low 100's or less is fine. I only start feeling hot when it's 110 or higher. I guess it's just whatever you're used to. Hey at least we don't have to wear chem gear while we're shooting here.
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 10:27:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I also detest the heat, and I work as a firefighter. I love the winter, that makes up for the hot months.
I am going to be at Frontsight this month for the carbine class. But I am going to be at Gunsite in JULY for the basic handgun course. That should be a mixed bag; fun shooting and so friggen hot you can't stand it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2003 6:51:13 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm surprised they offer a daytime handgun class in July. That will be challenging. I don't think it gets uncomfortable here until July-August but then I don't work outside either and I'm out of town half the month as well. But when I was here full time in the AF I didn't mind it. I used to run every day even on the 118 days. I just got used to it.

444 let us know how the courses are. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/14/2003 7:47:20 AM EDT
[#21]
I just got back from Frontsight last night. I took the 2 day handgun skillbuilder course and had a great time. The weather there was very nice. A little on the cool side if anything. I think it runs about 10 degrees cooler than the Vegas valley. The class was only 10 people so we only shot one relay which meant we got to do a lot more shooting. I think I went through 600-700 rounds in two days. I think the 4 day rifle course will be next. Any one else want to go? Its great training, especially for $200. You can't beat it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 11:38:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Do you have any certificates left?  How long are they good for?  I am an AF SP so my work schedule sucks and it might be a few months before I could go.
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#23]
You bet, I've still got some although they are are going fairly quick. You can use it whenever you want. They don't expire. Just let me know when you want it. I've posted them in the EE and have some more info there.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=162381
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#24]
I just got back from the 4 day Practical Rifle course at Frontsight. It was my first time taking this course. I had a great time. There were 20 people in the class and three instructors. I'd estimate over half of the class was shootining AR's the rest an assortment of bolt guns, and other semi autos. About half the weapons were scoped and half iron sights. I shot an old Green label Colt SP2 with iron sights. It was my first formal rifle course since qualifying with an M16 about 25 years ago in the USAF. I was amazed to find out how much I didn't know about shooting the AR15. I am much better now to say the least. You shoot from 7yds out to 400yds on paper and steel targets. You shoot a live fire simulator and there is a man on man shoot using steel knock down targets.Type 1,2 and 3 malfunctions as well as tac and emer reloads are taught. One night you stay late and do night shooting. Different ammo types, flash hiders and weapons systems are demo-ed for their light signature at night. The night shoot is culminated with a concentration of fire demo where the entire relay engages one steel target continuously for about a minute. We were all grinning from ear to ear after that one. The handgunners a couple of ranges down were impressed. The skills test is 3 rounds each at 15, 25, 50, 75, 100, 200 and then head shots from 15 and 25 all timed from 1.5 secs per shot at 15 to 6.5 at 200. All shots 50 and farther are free style. The malfunctions and reloads are also tested under time. It is a great course for all skill levels. We had a range of shooters from first time shooting an AR to a Marine sniper. Overall it was an excellent course. I can't wait to get back and take it again. I highly recommend it.

I am ready to go again when any of you guys want to. Its a great course. Email me if you are interested.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Sounds good Fingers, glad you enjoyed it. I can't wait to take my next course. Not that anyone might care, but here is my training calender for the remainder of the year.

Gunsite:
    250 Basic Defensive Pistol      July  
    556 Advanced Carbine          September

I am also debating the idea of taking the Gunsite Tactical Medic class at the end of July. I don't have the money for it, but I would like to take it and I could deduct it on my taxes. http://www.gunsite.com/T_DSCRP/TD_TC_MD/td_tc_md.html

Frontsiight:
   4 Day Tactical Shotgun         October  
   2 day Practical Rifle          November  
   4 Day Defensive Handgun     December  

I would love to see some people from AR15.com at any of them. I actually met a guy on AR15.com that took my Basic Carbine class at Gunsite. I mentioned that I was going and he chimed in and said he was also taking the same course. A good time was had by all.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:20:23 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll do what I can to match up with you for some of the Frontsight courses. I haven't done Tac Shotgun yet and I need to do Practical Rifle again. We just need to get some more of these guys to start training.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 7:51:36 AM EDT
[#27]
I'll try this again, anyone up for taking a course out at Frontsight this fall? I've still got a bunch of certificates left. Let me know if you are and we can get a class scheduled. Thanks

Dave
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 10:51:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Eric, I'll keep you posted. Frontsight has a CCW course that you can take in addition to th e 4 day Defensive handgun course. Its an extra day added on. I have taken the DH course and it is a very good course. I think you'll enjoy it. Hopefully we can get a few of us out there at the same time. I think it would be a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Eric, IM incoming.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 4:08:40 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm interrested.  I was just talking to the wife the other day about doing such classes and she was insterrested.  She likes the idea of a shoot 'n move class vs. just standing around putting holes in paper.

She aint a bad shot either.  She could put 6 for 6 in the 9/10 ring at 7 yards with my 44 mag with full house loads, and that was when it didn't even had a rear sight mounted on it. ;)

Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:57:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Let me know when you want to go and maybe we can get some of the rest of these guys to go at the same time. I try to get out there as often as I can so I can pretty much go anytime if I have a month heads up. Hopefully we can get a bunch of us out there. Its great training.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:54:42 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm thinking sometime in the late fall.  When the weather is nice and cool and such.  :)

Oh BTW, I'll be off doing a 2 week national guard thing, so I'll look into this some more when I get back in the middle of next month.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Sounds good. The fall is the best time to go. Its not too hot and not too cold. Just email me or post here when you are ready. Dave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top