Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2009 6:09:17 PM EDT
The Victoria Police Department is offering simulator training to civilians. They have rented a computer controlled video simulation system that changes the scenario based on your actions during the event. It utilizes a handgun, AR15, and shotgun. The system they rented is Advanced Force Tactics. You can look them up on the web. They list the scenarios, so you can see if it is something that might interest you. The dates are Saturday, January 31st and Saturday, February 7th. Cost is $100 per person. If you have questions call the Victoria Police Department Training Unit at 361-485-3799. The officers at the Victoria Police Department and the local civilian shooters train together on a regular basis, as local shooters host Farnam and Hoffner several times a year. They are very pro-2nd Amendment and offer this to provide the armed civilians with the opportunity to train on something that civilians rarely get to use.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool!
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#2]
We have the same one. It sure is fun.

Laser Shot
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 4:03:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I took a Farnam course several years ago at the private range off Mission Valley Rd.  Larger turnout than I expected, which was good.

Are they still held there, or the VPD range?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 4:34:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Victoria Police Department is offering simulator training to civilians. They have rented a computer controlled video simulation system that changes the scenario based on your actions during the event. It utilizes a handgun, AR15, and shotgun. The system they rented is Advanced Force Tactics. You can look them up on the web. They list the scenarios, so you can see if it is something that might interest you. The dates are Saturday, January 31st and Saturday, February 7th. Cost is $100 per person. If you have questions call the Victoria Police Department Training Unit at 361-485-3799. The officers at the Victoria Police Department and the local civilian shooters train together on a regular basis, as local shooters host Farnam and Hoffner several times a year. They are very pro-2nd Amendment and offer this to provide the armed civilians with the opportunity to train on something that civilians rarely get to use.

Victoria Police Department,

Thanks a ton for supporting American's 2nd Amendment right by training civilians.  I think this is a great idea on so many levels.

Brian

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 4:50:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 7:02:16 AM EDT
[#6]
that sounds like fun. you guys live close to victoria? i didnt know there were any arfcommers close.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#7]
The Farnam training is held at a different range north of town. Dr. Tobin built a range on his land and hosts the events there now. He and some of his group will be attending the simulator training.

I live in Victoria County. Not sure how many on the forum live in this area.

I shot the simulator this morning. It was a lot of fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top