Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 10/11/2006 5:21:16 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/30/2006 4:00:10 AM EST by millsusaf]
I am looking for someone who could appraise my firearms for me in the greater Dayton (north) area. Thanks

Link Posted: 10/11/2006 5:28:19 PM EST
depending on how far north your talking...... I would see the guys at olde english outfitters. they would be able to do that for you , I would think. ask for either Andrew or Bob.

colt!
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 7:02:03 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 7:54:15 PM EST
There's a book that will tell you what you need to know...

The Bible for gun values...
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 4:50:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By RobarSR60:
There's a book that will tell you what you need to know...

The Bible for gun values...

There is a newer edition out for this year. That is last year's book.
Prices haven't changed much, but if you're going to buy one you may as well get the most recent.
Link Posted: 10/13/2006 8:39:46 AM EST
My main problem is that most of guns I have pieced together. I think I will definitely have to take them to someone for appraisal.

Link Posted: 10/14/2006 4:52:19 AM EST

Originally Posted By millsusaf:
My main problem is that most of guns I have pieced together. I think I will definitely have to take them to someone for appraisal.

What are they? Maybe WE can help?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:03:21 AM EST
Sorry.

I forgot to state the city.

I am looking for someone to appraise in the

Dayton (north), Troy, Sidney, Piqua, Greenville areas.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:26:12 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/30/2006 7:27:42 AM EST by Python00]
Gunbroker.com is a good site to see what the value of firearms. Gun books are a decent guide but as most know that is all they are, is a guide. If you can find your firearm on gunbroker in an action that has been bid on by multiple people, providing the firearm is in about the same condition and is completed it will provide a good reference.
I know you stated that a lot of your firearms have been built you can still look up the gun parts on ebay lots of M1/M1 carbine parts and parts in general for firearms.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 2:33:40 AM EST
I need an actual person or shop to appraise them. I don't think gunbroker's prices would satisfy my ex or her lawyer.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:04:49 AM EST
In that case, you should take them to a few gun shops and ask them for an offer to buy all of them from you and have them put it in writing. There's your real appraisal, and it will be a whole lot less than what you think they are worth. Rapid Fire is in Troy, and I believe his old partner Bob now has a store also in Troy. Legitimate offers to buy from bona-fide gun stores, values well below what you have in them, everybody should be happy.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:08:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By millsusaf:
I need an actual person or shop to appraise them. I don't think gunbroker's prices would satisfy my ex or her lawyer.

Sell them to someone you know for dirt cheap, then get them back later.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top