Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2014 10:28:17 PM EDT
I have two Yugo Mausers I want to have cleaned up. They have been under my bed for atleast 10 years. Have the stocks cleaned up, minimal sanding, and put a oil finish on them. Have the receivers and barrels cerakoted. Any place in Georgia that someone can recommend?
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 4:41:33 AM EDT
[#1]
You seriously need to check on the historical significance of the rifles before doing anything like that IMO.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 4:43:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have two Yugo Mausers I want to have cleaned up. They have been under my be for atleast 10 years. Have the stocks cleaned up, minimal sanding, and put a oil finish on them. Have the receivers and barrels cerakoted. Any place in Georgia that someone can recommend?
View Quote

Post some pics, If they are just covered in cosmoline like mine was, you can do it yourself...
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 3:29:43 PM EDT
[#3]
What's ur location?
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Cobb county.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 3:27:50 PM EDT
[#5]
And how much do you want to spend IE do you want it back to as original as possible or just a serviceable rifle you plan to use not sell or display?

The guy at the Gun Shop just south of Ellijay just cleaned and refinished my neighbor's Browning SA-22 Take Down.

Does it have to be in Georgia?

Out of state, there is a guy in Missouri that does great work, Art's Gun & Sport Shop. He and his three sons restore/repair firearms all day long.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Guy I work for some does this .
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 5:33:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And how much do you want to spend IE do you want it back to as original as possible or just a serviceable rifle you plan to use not sell or display?

The guy at the Gun Shop just south of Ellijay just cleaned and refinished my neighbor's Browning SA-22 Take Down.

Does it have to be in Georgia?

Out of state, there is a guy in Missouri that does great work, Art's Gun & Sport Shop. He and his three sons restore/repair firearms all day long.
View Quote

Thanks for the information. Basically I want to clean up and have a oil finish on stocks. Then have the receivers refinish with something durable, but to a similar color as original finish. The will be on display or a rare deer hunt from a tree stand. I googled the gun store and found "The Gun Pro Shop" in Ellijay. Looks like what I need. Probably take them there in July and talk to them about ideas.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 3:04:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I have no personal experience but I know some who have great things to say about Mill Creek Gun Works in Woodstock. I don't believe they have a website but there is a Facebook page here

Possibly going to be giving him a call in a couple months for some cerakoting projects of mine. HTH
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 7:06:39 AM EDT
[#9]

I think im going to refinish stocks myself and have someone else reblue all metal parts.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:43:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't sand them.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#11]
They look fine the way they are.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top