Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2013 12:35:13 PM EST
Panel urges tougher gun laws
http://yle.fi/uutiset/panel_urges_tougher_gun_laws/6816844

Who is this panel made up of and what chance has it got to be taken up in to law ? Any link to said report that I can try to decode in Google Translate ?

Most concern to me is the part about airguns as this issue is a hot one here and Finland like NL has no power limits. The fact that nobody can point to a problem with them doesn't deter our idiots from wanting to ban them

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:24:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/11/2013 12:27:21 AM EST by mvj]
Panel is made up from experts? in ministry of the interior. If the panel is made up from left or green politicians, they would ban all weapons immediatly

Basically bill focuses on three main points:

- New shootinrange law
- Tighten gun storage law
- To make high powered airguns under the gun regulations

I can not say much from new shootingrange law, because i am not expert in that area. Key point in new gun storage law is that everyone who has over weapons in his house has to buy gunsafety. Now you have to have gunsafety only if you have 5 or over self loading or select fire weapons. New bill also wants to have all airguns over 6,35 mm in diameter and which shoots metal objects under the gun regulations. This is the stupidiest part of this new bill in my opinion. So not an catastrophy to gunowners and I was expecting much worse.

Here is the official bill in pdf format (Link goes to intermin.fi site)
Top Top