Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/6/2003 7:59:16 AM EDT
Spoke to the Manager of th range, and asked him if they could get the target backdrops replaced for the shoot.
They currently are in terrible shape.

Also asked him if the CA come use some volunteers to police the grounds and clean it up a bit...
He said "Yes", they welcome volunteers, and appreciate the help...
I don't think I saw anyone, except our group, clean up after themselves last Saturday...

Range Volunteers Needed!!!

Either next Saturday the 10th or the following Sat (17th) I will be going to the Finger Lake Range to pick up brass...

Post here if you will join me...
Thanks...

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:18:32 PM EDT
Cutter, if you don't mind, you might also ask him about the tannerites. I don't want to get us thrown out of the range. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:44:40 AM EDT
Roger That...

I'll ask...

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:16:15 AM EDT
Hey there fellas.

The next couple of Saturdays are bad for me, but I can dedicate an hour or two after work just about any time. I plan to go out there (weather permitting) tomorrow afternoon (Thursday) and police the area.

What exactly was the feedback on getting new belting for the range? I would be glad to help install it, but I can't think of a source for the stuff.

I'll get out there tomorrow and spruce it up as far as brass and trash, but we gotta get the belt/backdrop issue addressed before the shoot.

PITSNIPE - Out.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:34:56 AM EDT
Jim said they use old conveyor belts...
Don't know the source...

I'll ask him if he can supply the material, then we might have labor to install...

Thanks Pitsnipe, call me and I can go with you, or met you theere to help...

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:48:53 AM EDT
I'll join you for range clean-up. I have been using the Finger Lake range for 5 years now. Been very good at cleaning up my mess. But I dont mind showing up with a broom one day to remove brass and other litters from the ground there. Just tell me the day and time (preferably weekend).
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:40:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MouseGun87:
I'll join you for range clean-up. I have been using the Finger Lake range for 5 years now. Been very good at cleaning up my mess. But I dont mind showing up with a broom one day to remove brass and other litters from the ground there. Just tell me the day and time (preferably weekend).

Thanks MouseGun87
I have to work some today, but thought about tommorow morning...
Just a quick policing action, and enjoy the morning air...
with one eye out for Wild Beaver...

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:38:08 PM EDT
Duke, Shamus, and myself planned to hit the range today. But we are under tornado watch practically all day long. The weather is too unpredictable, so all 3 of us decided to cancel the plan. If the weather is half way decent, we may hit the range tomorrow (Sunday).

What time do you plan to be there? I am up for some range cleaning before putting some lead down range.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:52:09 PM EDT
ShakyJake is meeting me there tomorrow morning..
say 9 am to 10 am...

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:30:51 PM EDT
Cutter,
Sorry, but I will not be there tomorrow due to Mother's Day stuff like I was afraid of.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:28:29 PM EDT
Special Thanks to MouseGun87 for the broom action yesterday...

Made sure the "Park Rangers" were aware that the area was policed, and they said they'd get the word back to the CA group...

MODCC scores first point!!!
I'm hoping this goes a long way for us being able to use this range for our club.
If we end up shooting there every month (or every other month), and clean the place up afterwards, the CA should grow to like us...
ya, think???

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:52:38 AM EDT
Damn, sorry I wasn't there yesterday to help out guys. I honestly didn't know that it was planned. Guess I need to check this forum a little more often.

Good idea though, you guys made us look good for sure. I will be there next time for sure.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:29:06 AM EDT
It was a good team effort. Cutter's friend, JD, also helped with the clean up. Pls send my thanks to JD, and tell him he should come again next time we have a group gathering.

I have been wanting to do something like this, but I thought I would look silly sweeping brass and trash off the range pavement all by my lonely self.

Cutter, it was a good idea. Let's hope this is a begining of a new tradition.
Top Top