Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2005 6:28:43 PM EDT
I went down to Deep River Sporting Clays to take the class they offer, and then on my way home, I stopped by the Wake County Sheriff's office and completed my application for a concealed carry permit.

I was kind of surprised about how easy it was at the Sheriff's office. I was in the building all of 15 minutes. That included time going up to the office, filling out the paper work, and having finger prints taken.

Now the wait . . .
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:21:07 AM EDT
[#1]

What is on the books says your wait will be 90 days. I got mine in half that.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I have heard that Wake County takes about 2 weeks. I hope it is that fast.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:44:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I think mine took about 3 weeks! I also took my class at Deep River.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you ever shot their course?

I am totally impressed by the folks there, on so many levels. . .
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I have shot their course. I really liked it but I'm not a member so I thought it was a little to expensive. I guess I miss my old gun club I belonged to in Tulsa,OK. $5 a round.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#6]
At $5 a round, I'd shoot it every day.

The way I was looking at it, $19 is cheaper than 18 holes of golf, and a lot more fun, if you ask me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:39:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Just submitted my paperwork in Alexander County... We'll see what the turn-around time is here... They told me about a month, but up to 3...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:39:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine should be in no later than Oct. 28. Just in time to carry for halloween, in case the zombies are out.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Man I still have my VA CC which is good for 5 years along with my VA DL.
If I get pulled over I would rather have matching credentials.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#10]
When I first moved here, I carried with my VA permit/license. I am in circumstances under which it would be legal for me to maintain my VA license and residency, but my permit expired last year. Because of my schedule and various other things, I decided to make the jump to NC residency.

I always felt kinda funny carrying an out of state permit when I went home every night to a house in NC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top