Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2008 9:53:10 PM EDT
Thought you guys would like to see.  Spent all night on one damn post....

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=733464
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:16:47 AM EDT
[#1]
That video was badass. I like the Duke Nukem sound clips
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:50:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice review Duke!  I may need to save up for one of those.  Maybe go back to selling my body again.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:42:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Jesus, it seems you can't post anything in GD without some fucktartds talking shit, and trying to stir up the pot.

Nice write up. Sweet gun. If you do decide to put a DMS on it, let me know what you think. (about the DMS)

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:50:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Jesus, it seems you can't post anything in GD without some fucktartds talking shit, and trying to stir up the pot.

Nice write up. Sweet gun. If you do decide to put a DMS on it, let me know what you think. (about the DMS)

I might need some backup now, I've got a former Marine LINE INSTRUCTOR (whatever that means) who insists the rifle is crap because you can't buttstroke anyone with it.

I haven't made the obvious joke about "don't ask, don't tell" and "buttstroking", but its getting kinda ugly over there.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:03:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I was just thinking the same thing about the asshat that went off.  I did notice that he edited all of it out of his post.  Some people need more bleach in their gene pool.

Well done Duke, thanks for the time on this!

~Ed
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:12:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Good review Duke.

I'm surprised that there where a few really dumb ass post there.  Some people really are "Oxygen Thieves".

DBAR
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#7]
So how much less is the felt recoil?  And how is the trigger on it?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Felt recoil is noticeably less, and after years of shooting .308 battle rifles the AR15 already feels like a pussycat to me.  The trigger is meh.  It breaks cleanly and quickly but has about an inch of overtravel after it breaks.  Still, I've felt worse triggers in cheap ARs before.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Felt recoil is noticeably less, and after years of shooting .308 battle rifles the AR15 already feels like a pussycat to me.  The trigger is meh.  It breaks cleanly and quickly but has about an inch of overtravel after it breaks.  Still, I've felt worse triggers in cheap ARs before.

But most importantly...CAN YOU BUTTSTROKE WITH IT??????
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Good write up Duke.  I don't even get the whole buttstroke stuff cause it looks to me like you could BS pretty good with that thing.

Anyway, thanks for the write up and posting all those nice pics....

right click....save as...
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Good review Duke.  We'll have to get together some time soon to compare the AUG with the MSAR...sure would like to try it out.

Good review.  Seemed to get some positive feedback and good discussion from some of the people who were actually reading it for the review rather than to try to prove something.  I don't spend much time on the GD board so I don't have much love for the dickheads that go there to attack every constructive thing someone tries to post.

Group size, need training, butt stroke with a bull pup....what a bunch of shit.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I do agree though it needs a nice checkered steel butt pad!

Maybe stainless so you can just hose it off after the butt stroking...
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:55:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Great write up, Duke.  

As far as the assmunches with their asinine comments...well, I gotta admit.  GD is 80% of the reason I keep coming here!  Comedy Gold in there sometimes...sorry it had to be at your expense this time.  Well, not at your expense, you handle the arfcom iD10ts quite well.  

I'm not a big fan of bullpups, but the AUGs are sexy.  I've never the hang of mag changes on bullpups, and the triggers are a bit too squishy for me.  (I've fired a full-auto aug, and a P90, and the trigger alone would make me turn down a NFA one!  Can't stand it.)  But, you seem to like the trigger on this one, so maybe they are mucho bettero now....I'll have to try one out sometime.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:42:22 AM EDT
[#14]
forgive me for my ignorance. but what type lube would you use for buttstroking, i mean does ky make a self sealing wound version as you shove it up there? does good old break free or fp 10 have the i am bored and want to make out with a inanimate object line?  i mean even though its a bull pub its very large...hum must be a CA thing, you think the city by the bay would like guns, i mean the could buttstroke with it all day and nigh.

sorry stuff like that guys post just ruffles my feathers, Mike takes time to do a great write up something he has done on quite a few guns and the ass-hats come out.  thats why i avoid GD like the plague.

nobody respects anybody any more.

Ronald
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:55:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
forgive me for my ignorance. but what type lube would you use for buttstroking, i mean does ky make a self sealing wound version as you shove it up there? does good old break free or fp 10 have the i am bored and want to make out with a inanimate object line?  i mean even though its a bull pub its very large...hum must be a CA thing, you think the city by the bay would like guns, i mean the could buttstroke with it all day and nigh.

sorry stuff like that guys post just ruffles my feathers, Mike takes time to do a great write up something he has done on quite a few guns and the ass-hats come out.  thats why i avoid GD like the plague.

nobody respects anybody any more.

Ronald

Welcome to the world of "Gun Writing"... You can't please everyone.

Everyone bitches about gun writers... No matter what you do you are still WRONG....
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#16]
buttstrocking with a pink boonie makes you teh gey.

Sorry guys I couldn't resist.    -AK
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:15:33 PM EDT
[#17]
does every rifle a person owns have to be buttstroke friendly?  Seriously?  Behind enemy  lines this may be nessisary in the event you had to escape. But here?  WTF?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
does every rifle a person owns have to be buttstroke friendly?  Seriously?  Behind enemy  lines this may be nessisary in the event you had to escape. But here?  WTF?

Internet commandoism...nothing more...
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:50:34 PM EDT
[#19]
How is it on weight compared to the SBR?  A touch heavier?

What do you think of the trigger guard configuration?  It seems less safe to me just looking at it, I would feel a lot less comfortable carrying it slung than a traditional type of trigger guard.  

Any iron sight options for the thing?  Any way to mount BUIS?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:37:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Good review and good shooting considering that you were rapid firing from the standing position. I would love to try a MSAR one of these days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top