Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/3/2009 11:03:18 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/3/2009 11:03:54 AM EST by vanessavy]
Arrived a week ago (Buckhead) and now finally starting to unpack the guns

So where is the cool guy gun store in the area? Outpost Armory is 3 hours away and oh so tempting, I love that place! Give me some good go-to places around here and best places to shoot FALs and Ar15's , etc.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:26:40 AM EST
www.creeksidefiringrange.com is all you need to know for shooting .... infact come out this weekend and shoot in the tac rifle match on sat

400 Jewelry and Loan is all you need to know on gun stores .... 400 is easy to get to ..... go straight up 400 until you Hit Ga 53, then turn left and its in the shopping center behind the McDonalds.

/thread dont let anyone else tell you differently.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:59:35 AM EST
got nothing for you by way of "local gun shops or ranges", i drive up north to shoot and buy most of my stuff via internet or our local Crack Dealer (bookhound). i do, however, have a great list of breakfast / dinner / fun places around the area.

email me if you're interested (site email is correct) and i'll get ya a list
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:09:20 PM EST
Originally Posted By Outsydlooknin75:
www.creeksidefiringrange.com is all you need to know for shooting .... infact come out this weekend and shoot in the tac rifle match on sat

400 Jewelry and Loan is all you need to know on gun stores .... 400 is easy to get to ..... go straight up 400 until you Hit Ga 53, then turn left and its in the shopping center behind the McDonalds.

/thread dont let anyone else tell you differently.

Wooooo shooting this weekend? Sounds fun! PM me so we can meet up eventually as well!

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:10:02 PM EST
Originally Posted By ugagrad06:
got nothing for you by way of "local gun shops or ranges", i drive up north to shoot and buy most of my stuff via internet or our local Crack Dealer (bookhound). i do, however, have a great list of breakfast / dinner / fun places around the area.

I will gladly take a list. I have found some gems so far , did a ton of site seeing with my mom while she was here all week and it was nice, sort of figured out Atlanta in a nutt shell.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:54:41 PM EST
Originally Posted By vanessavy:
Originally Posted By ugagrad06:

I will gladly take a list. I have found some gems so far , did a ton of site seeing with my mom while she was here all week and it was nice, sort of figured out Atlanta in a nutt shell.

HA if you have Atl figured out you are doing better than me. I've been here 18 years and I stay outside 285 at all costs. I have yet to figure out Atl but I know the northeast side pretty well.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:02:21 PM EST
Where in Buckhead you located? I am also a Buckhead resident and have lived there my whole life. I know a bunch of cool places to check out.

As far as shooting goes, creekside is all you need to know, so problem solved on that front.

As far as gun stores go, 400 is sweet, but there are some really sweet small gun shops in atlanta that are fun to walk through if you you like really nice hunting rifles/ O/U shotguns, stuff like that. Orvis store is in buckhead too and it is def worth checking out if you like to play with 80K dollar shotguns.

Plenty of good food everywhere in buckhead as well as good bars and beer joints, send me a PM if you want some more info or if you want to grab a drink sometime or send some 5.56 down range. I am willing to go literally any day next week if you have a desire to check out creekside.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:31:13 PM EST
Welcome to Tha ATL! I'm near Buckhead as well, lots of fun stuff to do.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:32:43 PM EST
When is hubby due in town?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:37:20 PM EST
The indoor range I go to is just a few miles south of the Airport on 75.
Georgia Range and Guns
Their site isnt all the great but has info.

Gun store in Buckhead that was mentioned is Chucks Firearms.
Not too much in the way of Ar parts and such, but it seems those guys definitely know their stuff.

Best "local" spot for parts and such seems to be Polite Society (bookhound's joint)

Welcome to Atlanta.

Many good restaurants, bars, and plenty of other things to do to get in trouble.
a.f
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:56:58 PM EST
Originally Posted By Outsydlooknin75:
When is hubby due in town?

He is in Iraq for the year so not sure when his R&R is if he doesn't get time off in January for Shot show like we are trying for
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:57:46 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/6/2009 10:42:45 AM EST by vanessavy]
Originally Posted By Hawkdog21:
Where in Buckhead you located? I am also a Buckhead resident and have lived there my whole life. I know a bunch of cool places to check out.

As far as shooting goes, creekside is all you need to know, so problem solved on that front.

As far as gun stores go, 400 is sweet, but there are some really sweet small gun shops in atlanta that are fun to walk through if you you like really nice hunting rifles/ O/U shotguns, stuff like that. Orvis store is in buckhead too and it is def worth checking out if you like to play with 80K dollar shotguns.

Plenty of good food everywhere in buckhead as well as good bars and beer joints, send me a PM if you want some more info or if you want to grab a drink sometime or send some 5.56 down range. I am willing to go literally any day next week if you have a desire to check out creekside.

cool

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:01:00 PM EST
Originally Posted By gunshinestate:
The indoor range I go to is just a few miles south of the Airport on 75.
Georgia Range and Guns
Their site isnt all the great but has info.

Gun store in Buckhead that was mentioned is Chucks Firearms.
Not too much in the way of Ar parts and such, but it seems those guys definitely know their stuff.

Best "local" spot for parts and such seems to be Polite Society (bookhound's joint)

Welcome to Atlanta.

Many good restaurants, bars, and plenty of other things to do to get in trouble.
a.f

I am going to check out Polite Society soon since Mark is handling my SBR transfer since I can't take it home yet.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:17:26 PM EST
Settled in Atlanta?

.....no such thing.
Top Top