Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2010 9:18:44 AM EDT
Finally, after firing a contractor and hiring a good one––I have an $11,000 roof

Best of all insurance covered it due to wind and hail damage, new skylights being installed and all the old interior damage is being replaced/fixed...Hopefully no more having to go up and slide down a roof patching it

And the ins company cannot surcharge us for it next year unless there's a WHOLE lot of claims in my area......Uh-oh there might be now––next door and two across the street neighbors hired my contractor after seeing how good a new roof looks.

No way I could afford to replace it myself without insurance!
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 12:27:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Hail damage roofers are making out really well in Charlotte area right now.  My boss just got a new one as did half the houses in his neighborhood.
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#2]
That s––t is HIGH ain't it.
Mine was $7000..........out of my pocket... no storm just old leaky shingles

I can't believe yours was $4000 more than mine...........living in Meck county is more expensive than I thought.
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I can't believe yours was $4000 more than mine...........living in Meck county is more expensive than I thought.

It's not the county––I have a lot of roofing sq footage and it's STEEP as far as pitch––plus we went with 25 year shingles and new skylights and all that mess..........I was told the high angle jacks the price up
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hail damage roofers are making out really well in Charlotte area right now.  My boss just got a new one as did half the houses in his neighborhood.

Heck we had two major storms already that qualified my neighborhood––28 DEC and 29 MAR––-and another one just last week or two..Not to mention 4 years ago we had a microburst that took a tree out of my yard and set it down on my car
Link Posted: 6/26/2010 2:18:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not the county––I have a lot of roofing sq footage and it's STEEP as far as pitch––plus we went with 25 year shingles and new skylights and all that mess..........I was told the high angle jacks the price up

It must be the pitch then............I've got over 3000 sq ft under roof, but my pitch is like a 4/12 and 30 yr architectural with a 2 layer tearoff.

Link Posted: 6/26/2010 4:52:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I just paid $11K for a new roof also.  Not paid by insurance though, just time for a new roof.

Like I didn't have anything better to spend $11k on
Link Posted: 6/27/2010 5:50:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just paid $11K for a new roof also.  Not paid by insurance though, just time for a new roof.

Did you get it inspected for any wind or hail damage? If not did you take pics before the roof was torn off?
Link Posted: 6/27/2010 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you get it inspected for any wind or hail damage? If not did you take pics before the roof was torn off?

We haven't had any storms.............just age. Couple of small leaks over 2 years. The house had 2 layers of shingles on them. Bottom layer being the very first shingle put on in 1964. I took 2 days vacation just to watch them so I could see what was being done.   Tear down to bare wood with new everything.

After seeing you guys paying $11000...........I got a heck of a good deal for $7000. And it was done by the #1 rated roofer by the BBB in union county.

Link Posted: 6/28/2010 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#9]
My brother in WVA had his roof messed up from a tornado last week.

It was just a freak thing that happened.
Link Posted: 6/28/2010 8:16:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/28/2010 10:50:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I hope to finally get a new roof on my house this week and rebuild of the rest of the house also from tornado damage from March 29th.

29 Mar––that's the magic number––Call me if you need any advice
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 4:54:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just paid $11K for a new roof also. Not paid by insurance though, just time for a new roof.

There was no wind or hail damage.  I think I took some before and after pics.  Lemme check.

Link Posted: 7/18/2010 6:19:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Link Posted: 7/18/2010 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Are you positive there wasn't any damage? I can see that the old roof has serious granular loss––no small dings (hail) or creases (wind) in the shingles? An inspector gets up close to be able to see it.

Just trying to help out here....Just about every single home will get this type of damage eventually in NC

ETA––new roof looks good though!
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 3:16:06 AM EDT
[#15]
And new shutters. You also installed a window a/c.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top